- - - - -

So PC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Freki

Freki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Well, considering this is a witchcraft forum, please note that you have already been taught and accepted "fluffy bunny (a term I personally hate) bullshit" since Little Red Riding Hood in its original meaning was not about "the dangers of walking alone at night." For more details if you are interested see https://web.gsc.edu/...ding%20Hood.htm

M

You know, I have to say... I really liked the new Red Ridding Hood movie for the reason that they kept some of the original themes and meanings in the story (plus the fact that the movie was about werewolves (that actually looked like wolves) and had Gary Oldman in it didn't hurt any :thumbsup:). The ending was drastically changed of course.

~ Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make! ~
Bram Stoker's Dracula

#22 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

Just give me my 1945 illustrated book of Grimm's Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm. Hands down, not politically correct in many of the stories. Love this book, old and musty, and still a hell of a good read. IMO.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#23 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Agreed, CG, I grew up with that, bodily mutilation and all between the pages!

And I definitely grew up with better temprament, moral outlook and manners than over half the little shits running around today. One of my best friends was assaulted on her bike by a kid who was about seven, never would have happened in "my day"

#24 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Agreed, CG, I grew up with that, bodily mutilation and all between the pages!

And I definitely grew up with better temprament, moral outlook and manners than over half the little shits running around today. One of my best friends was assaulted on her bike by a kid who was about seven, never would have happened in "my day"

I know this has nothing to do with the original subject, but I can't help mentioning that my sister was attacked by a teenage boy when she was seven years old. It started out with him just teasing her, but with his friends' encouragement, he was soon pulling her hair and pushed her to the ground. He grabbed her bike and tried to ride away with it. Before he could pull away, though, she caught the back of his shirt, pulled him to the ground and beat the shit out of him. He was bleeding and crying. It was awesome. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Hands-down one of my favorite memories from childhood.

#25 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

I know this has nothing to do with the original subject, but I can't help mentioning that my sister was attacked by a teenage boy when she was seven years old. It started out with him just teasing her, but with his friends' encouragement, he was soon pulling her hair and pushed her to the ground. He grabbed her bike and tried to ride away with it. Before he could pull away, though, she caught the back of his shirt, pulled him to the ground and beat the shit out of him. He was bleeding and crying. It was awesome. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Hands-down one of my favorite memories from childhood.

I remember as a young teen I was 12-13 at the time, these hooligans were picking on an old Mestizo Indian, day after day when I would walk home from school. Apparently this wasn't their day. I'd had enough of this abuse. Got a huge stick, and grab a trash can lid, and beat the living shit out of the leader of the boys. The old man,much to my mothers dismay, I brought him to our home, fed him, and he told me that my guide was the Spider as I weaved his Fate to mine. Funny how my Mother in her dementia reminds me of bringing home that old man, and struggles to remember my name. lol.

And may I just add.. our Boosa will be crafting this for me ! I love his work !

Regards.
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1