Sign in to follow this  
Tana

Magickal Uses of Woods

I'm bumping this as I just mentioned it in the Seekers' Forum and it's full of interesting info. I also happened to come across this graph earlier today (before seeing Flidais' tree thread) so thought I'd share it here...

And if anyone had any info on tropical woods they'd like to share, I'd love to read anything and everything you feel like sharing as it's very difficult to find magical info on most trees growing in this climate... (I live in Hawaii)

post-3907-0-39174300-1484529177_thumb.png

Edited by IslandBruja

I honestly wish I had a save button for all of the great stuff that I have found on this forum. 

This is such a great resource and I'm very glad you posted it. 

I honestly wish I had a save button for all of the great stuff that I have found on this forum. 

This is such a great resource and I'm very glad you posted it.

You can always just follow the threads you like and they'll all be neatly saved under your profile's "Content I Follow" tab ;)

Sorry if I seem overly critical, but am I the only one for whom the "Celtic" "tree" alphabet (it is not really either of these) is quintessential neopaganism fluff? Less than a dozen are actually linked to trees before Graves wrote about them and even of these, they date to post medieval interpretation.

I have no problems with people assigning a value to something. What I dislike is dishonesty, pretending "druids" (those people we know nothing directly about) believed all sorts of things and were the ones to assign these values to the letters of that beautifully​ primitive script, Ogham.

If it weren't for an obsession about all things "Celtic" and "druid" in one time period, we would never have these pseudohistorical associations that so many take as real. It's a little new agey.

Edited by Forester
  • Upvote 1

Sorry if there's a better, more recent thread to bring back up with regards to wood significances (it's what the search brought up), but I was looking for some extra details on sycamore and apricot woods if anyone knows of any details or reliable sites where I could find some? Sycamore is mentioned briefly in the thread but only a tiny bit and I didn't spot any references to apricot at all :/

Sign in to follow this