aurora borealis alert!

winter night

I just wanted to let you all know that there is an Aurora Alert for Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland tonight!

so fingers crossed! :chakrahearts:

I subscribe to an Aurora alert service so you can blame them if you see nothing! lol!

I just wanted to let you all know that there is an Aurora Alert for Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland tonight!

so fingers crossed! :chakrahearts:

I subscribe to an Aurora alert service so you can blame them if you see nothing! lol!

I wish I was out that way. The last time I saw an Aurora was in 2004 and even then, they are so infrequent in my area, that I had to pull over to the side of the road and sit and try to figure out what it was for a few. I try to look for them on web cams and do not seem to have any luck seeing them there as well. :-/

Really? Wow thanks for the heads up - hope it comes down as far as Yorkshire :)

My late granddad was stationed in Iceland during the war and he told me about them as a kid.

Apparently the folklore in Iceland is if you talk about the northern lights they come down and take you away - so they are rarely mentioned.

I wish I was out that way. The last time I saw an Aurora was in 2004 and even then, they are so infrequent in my area, that I had to pull over to the side of the road and sit and try to figure out what it was for a few. I try to look for them on web cams and do not seem to have any luck seeing them there as well. :-/

I am very envious - I am yet to see one! last night was clouded over so missed them if they were there! ne'r mind!

My late granddad was stationed in Iceland during the war and he told me about them as a kid.

Apparently the folklore in Iceland is if you talk about the northern lights they come down and take you away - so they are rarely mentioned.

like the sound of that Gramayr, I would love to go to Iceland. :)

Lol that sounds a little like alien abduction to me....:abduct: (I always wanted to use that smilie somewhere lol)

Lol that sounds a little like alien abduction to me....:abduct: (I always wanted to use that smilie somewhere lol)

likey!

Archived