- - - - -

Visual Aides in Love Spells

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_briarpatch_*

Guest_briarpatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

I was perusing the net as I often do and came across this spell. It actually made me laugh, intended as joke, the spell is hilarious but it made wonder again about the ethics of love spells.

So here is my question for everyone: Is it possible to cast a love spell using the image of a famous person to show what kind of looks you would like in a person, so say you wanted some one who looked like Brad Pitt but not the actual Brad Pitt - could you use a picture of him or would the Universe interpret this as you actually wanting Brad Pitt??

How would you write the spell? Could you avoid encouraging energies to bring Brad Pitt to you? Is it ethically right to do a spell using a famous person's image to show what you would like? Is it just a visualisation tool or is it subconscious manipulation? And could this formula be used for just about any spell?

What do you think?

#2 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Wow...that was an interesting spell...kind of. My personal opinion though is that you can do what ever it takes to get the job done. A spell isn't just using this material plus that herb and that picture and "Volia!" instant love spell. You need to "spell" out your intent. If you want to try to make Brad Pit love you and that is your intent, your ethical issue may come in to play here. If you just want his qualities in whatever person is right for you then spell out the qualities. You don't need the picture,( it may just confuse your intent as you drool over Brad), just get a clear understanding of what you want in your mind. The biggest mistake I have seen people make is to be too vauge with what you want. The clearer you can "spell" it out, the more success you'll likely have. Also, the only person who can answer the ethics question is you.

#3 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

... could you use a picture of him or would the Universe interpret this as you actually wanting Brad Pitt??

How would you write the spell? Could you avoid encouraging energies to bring Brad Pitt to you? Is it ethically right to do a spell using a famous person's image to show what you would like? Is it just a visualisation tool or is it subconscious manipulation? And could this formula be used for just about any spell?

What do you think?

It is possible to do anything one wants to do, whether or not it is wise to do it is up to the doer. Is it ethical? That depends on your ethics and everyone has their own set of ethics.

The universe isn't making decisions for you nor is it going to. It isn't human and doesn't think. That is you projecting your own human intellectual perceptions onto what you are doing. When one casts there isn't some universe or god or Santa Claus who stops what its doing, has a think and says "okay... this is what I thinnk she's talking about so let's have Brad Pitt get a flat tire outside of her house and stop and knock on her door to use her phone becuase his cell phone battery died." You cast a spell, you decide what you want, you connect to available energies and power your spell with them. There is no god or universe or loving earth mother waiting to interpret and grant your wishes and fulfill your needs and watch over you - at least not in the craft. The xtian god I believe may be appraoched like that but I don't work with him. (And I believe in gods and work with them, but that is just not who and what the craft-gods are.) :-)

M

#4 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

I was perusing the net as I often do and came across this spell. It actually made me laugh, intended as joke, the spell is hilarious but it made wonder again about the ethics of love spells.

I don't know whether I am amused or disturbed by that spell... I think both :yes:

The ethics of love spells, however, generally stems from the "love spells are a compulsion" which is the 'quick and dirty' approach to a proper love spell. It is in essence "slipping a roofie" approach as opposed to the wining and dining approach which is more effective, longer lasting and doesn't leave a bitter aftertaste. Ethically speaking love is two way so if your spell isn't then it's not a love spell it's a spell to use and discard. Simple as.

So here is my question for everyone: Is it possible to cast a love spell using the image of a famous person to show what kind of looks you would like in a person, so say you wanted some one who looked like Brad Pitt but not the actual Brad Pitt - could you use a picture of him or would the Universe interpret this as you actually wanting Brad Pitt??

It is possible to use an image as a focus, if the image is representative of qualities rather than an individual it requires more personal effort and meditation to not let your mind slip, in essence using the image as an icon much like statues or candles that are fashioned into humanoid or deity forms. You would call on the resonance of the mathematics of the image (facial symmetry, proportions, a certain spark in the eyes) and draw attention to aspects you find attractive.

It is a very shallow approach though, and if you're keen on "calling on the universe" for this sort of thing, the universe is intelligent so far as it has a hell of a sense of humour! It's better to focus on mental qualities and compatability, compatability covers physiological elements as well so is worth focusing on in a love spell.

What do you think?

I don't 'write' spells, I just get on with them, If you don't believe in your own competence at drawing the right ideals to yourself then you're probably not confident to dabble in arts that affect others, to be honest. Focus on spells making yourself appeal to others higher up on the food chain instead if you're going for looks rather than anything based on a long term inclination.

#5 Guest_briarpatch_*

Guest_briarpatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

What do you think?

#6 Guest_briarpatch_*

Guest_briarpatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Sorry about the bit above, my keyboard went a little strange and it reposted - not my intention.

Thank you for your replies, it was enlightening. I do think you can use a picture as a guide but I do believe 8people was right, it would take an inordinate amount of focus. Focus/Meditation is really not my strong suit.

Dang it! Just when I was hoping I could whip me up a Jason Momoa clone (as he appeared in Stargate Atlantis as Ronan Dex) :vhappywitch:

#7 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Oh yes... Ronan Dex! What a very fetching piece of eye candy he is!
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#8 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

Well firstly, having to force someone to love you, seems, to stem form a lack of self respect. Coz if someone dosn't love me for who and what I am, what is the point. Personally speaking I think Love has to be freely given in order for both parties to reap the benefits. Else in fact I dont think it can be decribed as love. Maybe a more apt description of someone spellbound to love you is "infatuation".
Love is like a path which both parties go down and along the way it twists and winds, the way they aid you and comfort you along this journey, with all its difficulties reveals their true self. Its not something that is sometimes apparant for a long time.

Beware the eye it will deceive your heart.

And as to your question. A picture/photo is a piece of paper gained by the way light reflects off a lens. It can be a focus of intent but is very weak. In order to really send out the energies and forces you would need to do such a spell on a specific person you would really need some of their substance; ie hair, blood and the like.

There are attraction spells that will bring a lover or a particular type but beware, I think we don't always know what is best for us..

:wickedwitch:

#9 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Well firstly, having to force someone to love you, seems, to stem form a lack of self respect. Coz if someone dosn't love me for who and what I am, what is the point. Personally speaking I think Love has to be freely given in order for both parties to reap the benefits. Else in fact I dont think it can be decribed as love. Maybe a more apt description of someone spellbound to love you is "infatuation".
Love is like a path which both parties go down and along the way it twists and winds, the way they aid you and comfort you along this journey, with all its difficulties reveals their true self. Its not something that is sometimes apparant for a long time.

Beware the eye it will deceive your heart.

And as to your question. A picture/photo is a piece of paper gained by the way light reflects off a lens. It can be a focus of intent but is very weak. In order to really send out the energies and forces you would need to do such a spell on a specific person you would really need some of their substance; ie hair, blood and the like.

There are attraction spells that will bring a lover or a particular type but beware, I think we don't always know what is best for us..

:wickedwitch:

Just to add to the ethics question. TW's are resonsible for setting their own ethics. My own ethics tell me to be responsible, particularly when it comes to coercion. It is sometimes called for IMO. But in general I let people get on with it unless there is great harm or trouble obviously heading their way that they cannot or dont want to see. An yep I can delude myself that something I am doing is right, just because I want it, I am only your average witch :stirring: and not perfect :rabbit: lol

#10 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

Oh yes... Ronan Dex! What a very fetching piece of eye candy he is!

Wooo ! Wouldn't this one make for a Black Dagger Brother, Tana ?
Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#11 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

It so would! (... and I so would!)
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#12 foxman

foxman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hm.. to Hell if he looks like Brad Pitt - I just want Brad Pitt! Well maybe. Stuffit! What am I talking about? At my age I can't raise my son out of bed after a night on the tiles, let alone raising..! That! Duh! ;)

#13 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Haaaahaaaaa. Very funny