• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I am trying to find other names for Jezebel Root?

This tread is about shops not the herbs themselves, but since this question is here I will answer ( as best I can) here.

I think that Jezabel root is the hoodoo name for a rhizome of a type of iris that grows in Luiziana.
It is supposedly very similar to orris root (from another type of iris) in species and in use.

Be careful if you order it online as most sources do not state what plant they took the rhizome from and it is often mixed up with other kinds of iris.

Edited by Solanaceae, 21 September 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#22 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

This tread is about shops not the herbs themselves, but since this question is here I will answer ( as best I can) here.
I think that Jezabel root is the hoodoo name for a rhizome of a type of iris that grows in Luiziana.
It is supposedly very similar to orris root (from another type of iris) in species and in use.
Be careful if you order it online as most sources do not state what plant they took the rhizome from and it is often mixed up with other kinds of iris.

Okay thanks and i am sorry for putting this question in the wrong post.
But thanks for responding.

You're all a bunch of fuckin assholes, ya know why? you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be.

You need people like me, you need people like me so you can point your fuckin fingers.

and say " That's the bad guy"

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

#23 NorwegianWitch

NorwegianWitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

I just had to reply to this old post as I saw Hemlock mentioned. This plant was one of the first I learned about through Norwegian Trolldom, witches ointments - of course - and I recall being in awe over the properties. I was much too young but luckily careful and I still have some foliage of the very first Hemlock that I picked for over 30 years ago. Many might argue that its power is long gone but it depends what you want to use it for. For very special occasions I use a little bit of what's left and it stil doesn't fail to deliver. I get all giddy and child-like thinking about those memories, how exciting it was to learn all about these forbidden plants *sigh*

"A forest bird never wants a cage."
                                          Ibsen