• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#221 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

There is a common belief that hair cutting removes past baggage, like the energy of the past is linearly attached to hair and that cutting hair is like cutting ethereal cords

RSKHFMY

#222 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

There is a common belief that hair cutting removes past baggage, like the energy of the past is linearly attached to hair and that cutting hair is like cutting ethereal cords

Makes sense. It reminds me of the saying "wash that man out of your hair" after a break up.

#223 Hanilii

Hanilii

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Scary as this sounds Gypsy just had me laughing. Cause if I could spell I would be dangerous. I got my hair trimmed by my meme with moon phases. She preferred to uses hair that came freely with the brush or comb for spells although I do remember her occasionally bumping people or brushing or plucking a hair from a collar or head and saying oh bless my heart there was a string or lint I did not mean to catch your hair. I cut my hair in Afghanistan and it is slowly growing back, but conventional medicines are making it thinner.

#224 Steriki

Steriki

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

I shaved all my hair off in December. It was such an empowering experience. I guess my hair or lack of it doesn't have an effect on my power and energy, but the feeling of being in control was awesome and gave my overall confidence a much needed boost. My hair is now cropped short and I think I want it to stay that way for a while.

*Not all who wander are lost *

#225 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Since childhood, I've known that I wanted to wear my hair long and grow out my facial hair. Starting in my early teens, I began to grow out my hair, and as long as I've been able to grow facial hair, I've kept a beard (although in my teens I would shave it occasionally before letting it grow back). For me, my hair has always felt vitally connected to my spiritual well-being and strength. The last time I had a serious haircut was on my 20th birthday (7 years ago), and it marked the snapping point in a dark period in my life and the beginning of a nervous breakdown (and a powerful spiritual initiation). Since then, I've only trimmed my hair once, shortly before my wedding (about 2 years ago) to get rid of some dead ends. The last time I shaved my beard was about 5 years ago, save for a slight trim of my mustache just before my wedding. I definitely feel like my hair is a source of power in my magic, although I can understand that for some this may not be true (or the reverse may be true). Taboos are rarely universal, but they can be very real to the individual. 

I've been thinking about trimming my hair again, just because the ends are looking so dead, but the thought of going into a barber and having them unceremoniously lob off my ends fills me with revulsion and dread. This thread has been helpful to me, in the suggestion about trimming hair on the full moon. Furthermore, it has inspired me to put out some inquiries in my magical circles to see if I can find someone who might be willing and able to give me a trim in a ritual setting. I want my hair to be healthy, but in the same vein I want to treat the act of cutting it as the sacred and severe activity that it is. 

#226 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

The Aghoris, Sadhus, and Sikhs of India believe the hair to be an antenna to the gods. But since I was caught up in Buddhism I always liked the Warrior Monk look.

I've been shaving my hair since 1995, and only recently started growing it out. I have about 12 inches in most places, 6 inches on top and front. Worried about the threat of male pattern baldness I'm applying any and all methods for preventing that from happening.

I'm 42 years old and have shiny blonde hair, whereas my brother of 3 years younger than me has grey hair.

I've really big into the healing and Magickal properties of crystals so I'm hoping to make a Crystal Crown to aid in this benefit. I would love to have various crowns for various reasons. But I do believe there is power in the hair.

I found this link which discusses which crystals aid in the benefits of the hair. I have some Crystals, and a few more I'm waiting for in the mail.
https://shop.atperry...nd-healthy-hair

This one Crystal not mentioned, Aragonite, prevents hair loss.

For the most part, I've been using Sports Headbands to hold crystals against my head and wrist bands with crystals underneath to have their crystal energy permeate my auric field and benefit me.

Edited by SorcererSupreme, 18 September 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#227 goosegirl

goosegirl

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:54 AM

Hair is alive. Hair is powerful. Hair is psychic.

It absorbs information in the universe, in reality and therefore empowers the intuition and instinct. You can use these to make decisions. This is a Native American philosophy, and I am in the Cherokee tribe. Both male and female grow their hair long. (Braids are useful to keep hair out of the way of work.)

DIY Shampoo for hair growth:

4 ounces vegetable glycerin 

1 tablespoon powdered goats' milk 

1 ounce white vinegar

6 drops rosemary essential oil

10 drops lavender essential oil

7-8 drops peppermint essential oil

1 drop menstrual blood (or blood from a pierced place on your body if you are a male) 

5 grams silk amino acids 

Dry rose petals and grind or blend them to powder.

Mix under the full moon all these things into an amber glass jar. Shake well in a clockwise circle. Chant: I desire long lovely hair. 

#228 Bikaboop

Bikaboop

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Wasn't it once custom to cut your hair while mourning?

I think in Judaism it was the other way round, mourners were not permitted to cut their hair. (Could be wrong it's been quite a lot of years since Religious Studies GCSE...)

I think the underlying association here is with memory. I know the Lakhota and other peoples made the association that hair holds memory. Therefore when someone died, the remaining loved ones would cut their hair so they could 'embody' the loss thereby releasing it. It is a method of moving on and grieving. It would make sense to me that the Jewish practice could be the other side of the coin wherein you hold on to those memories as a means of honoring the person. Just a guess though.