Telephones..

Gramayr

I've no idea how common this is, or what causes it to happen but now and again I know that the phone is about to ring moments before it does - this could be put down to magnetic resonances (you get a lot of feedback from a mobile phone for instance which comes through a radio if it is close when it's about to ring) but I also know who is ringing.

I thought I'd mention it as it hasn't happened to me in a long while until earlier today (or yesterday going by the time of posting). I was sat at work having a cuppa when I picked my mobile up and stared at it - my work mate asked me what was up and I said 'our lass is going to ring'. At that point it started ringing and it was her. You're weird he said..

After I hung up I went on to tell him how it used to happen quite often where I'd walk past the phone, stop, turn round and stare at it at which point it then started to ring. Sometimes I'd be halfway up the stairs and I'd turn round and stare at it (the phone at my folks house is in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs) before it rung.

On one occasion I had a friend strongly in mind and picked up the phone only to have her on the other end - without the phone even ringing. She decided to call me and I'd answered it at exactly the same time. I know it made her jump lol.

I don't know what causes it but it doesn't shock me when it happens as it's just one of those things. If it's happened to anyone else or you know what causes it I'd be interested to know.

Kind regards.

Guest Elfyd

Gramayr,

Oh yes, often.

Also I know just prior to someone entering my shop.

Knowing the amount of injury time added to the end of a football match.

Waking up 2 minuted before the alarm goes off.

The direction of a penalty kick.

As to why? I have one or two possibilities that I may share once we get a few other responses.

FFFF

Elf

I have had that happen in the past, but definitely not often enough to claim that I am gifted with it. But that sounds like a very handy ability to have. It would be interesting to see how many others besides yourself are able to do that and hear some of their input on it.

Guest MissTree

Nice topic Gramayr!

Me too. Not every day, but often enough. I experience it more with people I know well. I'll hear their ringtone a couple seconds before my cell phone goes off. (the folks in my contacts list each have a certain ringtone assigned to their #s.) I've had it happen with unexpected visitors, too. Moments before they knock on the door, I'll get a flash of the person's face.

My thought is that when we form an emotional bond with another person, there's also a psychic (for lack of a better word) bond that forms.

When this happens with acquaintances and strangers, though, I'm wondering if this is where our own personal power comes into play. ? I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this subject.

This used to happen fairly often when I was with my family. We used to read each other's thoughts and finish their sentences (most common thing heard between my sister and I, "get out of my head") but it doesn't really happen now I'm away from them. What I tend to get now is a feeling or thought to call someone and it's usually because they've had a passing thought to contact me. Occasionally, the phone will ring and I'll tell my partner it's for him before anyone has answered it, but not who it is. I think Miss Tree is right about the psychic connecton with people.

Interesting...

Yes, often with phone calls, text messages (pick up the phone as one arrives), think of someone who I haven't seen in months and "run" into them the same day.. in unusual places.. Wake up when I need to, never needed an alarm clock.. often know what others are feeling or when something has happened to someone close... and I am great at finding lost items.. LOL..

This happens to my husband and I once in a while. One of us will say "The phone's about to ring!"... and sure enough, it will. We both have had instances where we'll think about or mention someone who we haven't heard form in a while, and soon after they'll pop up in our lives again. This happened recently with a friend of mine from grade school. The last time I had heard from her was about 9 years ago, but about a week ago I found myself suddenly thinking about her, wondering how she was doing. Shortly after she found me online, wanting to know how I was doing.

Gramayr,

Oh yes, often.

Also I know just prior to someone entering my shop.

Knowing the amount of injury time added to the end of a football match.

Waking up 2 minuted before the alarm goes off.

The direction of a penalty kick.

As to why? I have one or two possibilities that I may share once we get a few other responses.

FFFF

Elf

I get this ALOT too - looking forward to your insight Elf! LOL! ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised at the response, I'm glad it isn't just me :happy:

More often than not it's someone close to me so I pretty much agree there must be a psychic link there somewhere (can psychic links be attributed to the astral plane? Just a thought)

Oh, and alarm clocks also - I always wake up and turn it off before before the alarm goes off.

If I need to be awake for a certain time I stare at my clock before I go to sleep and visualise the time I want to wake - never failed yet. Doesn't stop me from nodding off afterwards though if I don't get up d-oh-.gif?dateline=1268874552

The alarm thing is usually conditioning if it goes off at the same time every day, if it's at different times that's incredible :)

Mobile phones tend to give off stronger electromagnetic pulses just as they send or recieve a call. I can usually tell when my mobile is about to go off so I think I must be picking something up from that (considering I can mess up batteries and make computers do interesting things it's probably connected to something daft)

My mother has a knack for knowing who is going to ring and when! Always fascinated me when I was younger and just an accepted thing now really. We had a problem with the phones once in an old house where there was pressure on a socket upstairs that stopped the one downstairs from ringing (Didn't make sense to me either) and my mother was sat in her chair, frowned slightly and answered the phone that wasn't ringing and her sister was on the other end! She did it twice more that night before we rang the operator with the problem.

I also have experianced this " phone ring " thing, numerous times, and it's still an on going process. I've also had frequency in determining when we're going to have a pop in visitor. When the inkling is stronger than normal, I put off projects that I wish to get into, because of the interuption, and put on a kettle of tea instead.:happy: When I've really got things to do in my path working I'll go outside and touch some of the " Not-Today " charms I have about the property. That works wonderfully, I get my stuff done.:happy:

Regards,

Gypsy

This happens to my husband and I once in a while. One of us will say "The phone's about to ring!"... and sure enough, it will. We both have had instances where we'll think about or mention someone who we haven't heard form in a while, and soon after they'll pop up in our lives again. This happened recently with a friend of mine from grade school. The last time I had heard from her was about 9 years ago, but about a week ago I found myself suddenly thinking about her, wondering how she was doing. Shortly after she found me online, wanting to know how I was doing.

Freki,

I have also had someone just pop into my head. I'm sure to see or hear from them soon after. The last time this happened, it was a friend of my son. The boy died from a brain tumor, and the neighbors came to tell me. I didn't foresee his death, just the news of it. It is still most unfortunate given his young age (21).

Interesting...

Yes, often with phone calls, text messages (pick up the phone as one arrives), think of someone who I haven't seen in months and "run" into them the same day.. in unusual places.. Wake up when I need to, never needed an alarm clock.. often know what others are feeling or when something has happened to someone close... and I am great at finding lost items.. LOL..

Mmmmm. I'm really good at all of those things, too, especially the lost items locating. I still use an alarm clock, though, because I have a habit of waking up and going right back to sleep.

I have a habit of waking up and going right back to sleep.

I'll lend you our two 4-month old kittens. As soon as your eyes are open (even if it's just a WTH to a dream or something), they think you're up and it's time to play!

add me to the list of "knowing"...especially the phone ringing or someone texting. Not so much someone visiting me though..

I kind of have this, I don't know when the phone is going to ring but I frequently know who is ringing/texting/knocking at my door.

I've also had intuitive thoughts before, I get a gut feeling that something is going to happen and then it does, once nearly won a load of money on the Grand National but was stupidly persuaded to put my money on a different horse.

Guest Elfyd

I kind of have this, I don't know when the phone is going to ring but I frequently know who is ringing/texting/knocking at my door.

I've also had intuitive thoughts before, I get a gut feeling that something is going to happen and then it does, once nearly won a load of money on the Grand National but was stupidly persuaded to put my money on a different horse.

I had the same thing happen with the Grand National, one I missed because I did not "listen" and the other I won 500 quid @ 500/1 on Red Alligator.

FFF

Elf

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple of days I have been getting this alot. It has been happening with phones, both rings and texts, the alarm clock, the toaster, and tonight when my husband came home. The other day, we had a lighning storm and before it started I set up my phone as an alarm clock because I had a movie clip in my head of my alarm clock not showing a time. After I set it the storm started, the power went out and my phone alarm was the only alarm to go off and I was on time for work. The day before that, I woke a few minutes before my alarm and was so tired I didn't want to get up. I wished real hard for more sleep, not only for more sleep but specifically for my boss to call to me and tell me to come in late so I can have more sleep. Don't I immediately get a text message that was time stamped two hours previous....it was from my boss telling that i can go in late because everyone on my team was going in late. I got two hours more sleep. :vhappywitch: Awesome...

Guest Elfyd

Whiterose,

Am I alone in thinking that the power you seem to have is a direct result/attribute to being a witch? Let us not devalue what we are as true witches just because we have this innate ability/gift.

I occurred to me a few days ago that for some time now I hear a tune inside and when I turn on the radio, there it is!

how does this make you all feel experiencing things like this?

FFFF

Elf

Whiterose,

Am I alone in thinking that the power you seem to have is a direct result/attribute to being a witch? Let us not devalue what we are as true witches just because we have this innate ability/gift.

I occurred to me a few days ago that for some time now I hear a tune inside and when I turn on the radio, there it is!

how does this make you all feel experiencing things like this?

FFFF

Elf

:rofl: I would think so.... I'm just pointing out that it has been increasing lately. I think its awesome personally. This is different from an invasive gift/curse like empathy and so far its helping me more than hurting and there in lies the awesomeness.

I pick up my cell just before I get a call on a regular basis. I also often know who is calling before I answer (without looking at caller ID :P) and I often know who is calling my boyfriend when his cell rings.

Archived