Vampires

Dark Phoenix

Does anyone believe Vampires actually exist? I am very interested to hear what you all think

Joe :cool:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone believe Vampires actually exist? I am very interested to hear what you all think

Joe :cool:

HHmmm...if you're referring to the typical sterotype ones of Hollywood??? Nope. Now do I believe that there are people who follow the Vampire path? Yes I do. I once had a friend (key word: once) who was a Jewish Vampire. He worked off of energy (and the occasional sips of blood during certain rituals, etc.). Our friendship ended over religious differences (he thought he was a God and I'm sorry...but he certainly was not my god). But to answer your question...yes I do.

Thats very interesting. So vampirism is an actual 'religion'?

Not quite sure the term "religion" applies to Vampirism...but yes it actually exists. There are numerous sites online that one can research on this topic as well. I seem to recall a few television shows that featured a few Vampire cults as well (documentaries). It's an interesting field. From what I was able to understand...there are two basic forms of vampires..."energy" and "Blood-drinkers". This is a good thread and like I stated...an interesting topic. :)

Guest 53rdspirit

Undead blood-drinking humans and other mythical creatures such as the chupacabra, for example--no

Non-human vampires such as bats, spiders, leeches, mosquitoes, and ticks--yes.

Psychic vampires who drain you of your energy in one way or another--yes.

Alive humans who don't like the sunlight, are anemic, sleep during the day, dress goth, required coffins to sleep in, file their teeth into points, and drink blood--I believe these are more or less lifestyle choices and/or medical conditions.

There may be some primitive tribes somewhere that still practice forms of cannabalism. I recall reading that they believe consuming their enemy's blood following battle gives them strength (vampire reasoning) and other spiritual things, but I read this a while ago and do not remember everything about this practice in particular.

Guest 53rdspirit

Sure...I'll send you my ex-boyfriend :eek: a psychic vampire if there ever was one.

Seriously, Dark Phoenix, I don't have much information about them other than what I have read in the past. Once you've been around one, you know the signs/symptoms and you need to get away from them before you become almost like a zombie and cannot resist their draining you of energy (you become tired and strangely complacent). I imagine there is a lot of information on the net under psychic vampire. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

53rd, I must've been married to your ex-boyfriend, LOL!! Talk about a soul-sucking man... sheesh!

This is a great thread.

Guest 53rdspirit

Yes it is. I went to the site that AnjelWolf posted and started reading. There are a lot of things I did not know about Psychic Vampires--their techniques with head/heart/hands and tenacles, and the different kinds of energies they use. And the sunglasses--cool. :cool: Some Psivamps (hey, I'm on to the lingo now, jack!) don't like to shake hands with other people because of this energy-tapping thing and don't make eye contact!--just the opposite of what we are told to do when seeking a job (firm handshake, keep eye contact--must be a Psychic Vampire conspiracy in the job market).

Gee, I have used all of those hand positions in the demonstrations at one time or another. Hmmm.

Anyway, it was a very interesting read and good information...you know...just in case.

Yeah actually it is a pretty good site...I have it book marked for when I want to take a browse :) Also I do like the Vamp. culture as well

Hmm , I have to say the subject of vampires is one that gives me a few problems ......yes I'll admit it , I was a goth as a teenager , dont hate me! but at the time I did fall out with a friend as she'd got involved with a group of 'vampires' and they were very into the blood drinking with no obvious thought to safety :eek:

I still think theres s lot of people who do it simply because they think its cool and that worries me . As a thing between two consenting sensible adults its their buisness but as a fashion statement .....hair dye is safer !

I think that there are people who are just unpleasent and wearing to be around but I'd never particularly considered the idea of psychic vampires , might have to do some reading up .

Hmm , I have to say the subject of vampires is one that gives me a few problems ......yes I'll admit it , I was a goth as a teenager , dont hate me! but at the time I did fall out with a friend as she'd got involved with a group of 'vampires' and they were very into the blood drinking with no obvious thought to safety :eek:

I still think theres s lot of people who do it simply because they think its cool and that worries me . As a thing between two consenting sensible adults its their buisness but as a fashion statement .....hair dye is safer !

I think that there are people who are just unpleasent and wearing to be around but I'd never particularly considered the idea of psychic vampires , might have to do some reading up .

There not really a bad group you know...as with the Satanist...their reputation is far worse than they are in real life. I suppose like with any culture that is secretive (Freemasons, witches, etc.) some feel that it's better to fear them and give them a bad rep rather than to understand them and give them an honest chance.

Unfortunately the teenaged culture seems to have driven towards the "goth" period and that alone appears to have a pretty banged up reputation as well.

I know that when a new student comes to me seeking witchcraft, I do request that they are of legal age (same on this forum)...and that's mostly because so much of how we are and what we do is of adult content.

I have attended a few rituals in the past with younger kids and have felt uncomfortable and now I simply refuse to attend any rituals if anyone under the legal age is attending as well (personal preference).

I totally agree that its wrong to write a group off simply by reputation and yes people should be adults to get involved .

I know some people who are involved in vampirism feel that the shring of blood is a sacred and special experience between two people which I dont have a problem with but I dont like the idea of someone drinking other people's blood randomly as a fashion statement when there are so many things like hepatitis that could be contracted.

I totally agree that its wrong to write a group off simply by reputation and yes people should be adults to get involved .

I know some people who are involved in vampirism feel that the shring of blood is a sacred and special experience between two people which I dont have a problem with but I dont like the idea of someone drinking other people's blood randomly as a fashion statement when there are so many things like hepatitis that could be contracted.

right...now I know there are a few blood drinking groups around and they practice what is known as "Safe Blood" drinking circles (everyone pretty much has to go through a series of tests to make sure they are healthy prior to joining the group).

Personally I find Vamps interesting...I know there is an annual Vampire Ball every year in Massachuetes...I had considered attending before but didn't want to go alone.

Guest 53rdspirit

N/P with Satanists and Vampires. I have trust issues with Psychic Vampires--a predator and prey thing.

Do you think being a psychic vampire is always intentional? Or are some people that and don't realize it?

I joked about my second husband, but looking back I remember how he totally drained me all the time, into complacency and sadness. It was a major act of energy on my part to actually leave him for the final time I tried!

I've enjoyed reading about this... it's very interesting.

I think some people might be but not realize it yeah. Some people can just suck the life (and the air) right out of you...in person and online.

About those blood-drinkers, don't they get tired from loosing blood all the time, or does drinking blood cancel out the loosing of blood? I have always wondered about that.

Archived