Legend

frekiandgeri

I just loved this movie as a child and it remains one of my favorites to this day. Unicorns, Tim Curry as Darkness, Fairies, Imps, and a heart warming, magical story line. :chakrahearts:

Anyone else have a soft spot for this movie?

I've never heard of it, Freki. But then again I most recently watched Pan's Labyrinth, all these years thinking it was a children's movie. Which imho, not for children. I'll jot this down, you recommend it for " seasoned " folk ?

Regards,

Gypsy

I've never heard of it, Freki. But then again I most recently watched Pan's Labyrinth, all these years thinking it was a children's movie. Which imho, not for children. I'll jot this down, you recommend it for " seasoned " folk ?

Regards,

Gypsy

Oh my... Pan's Labyrinth is a fantastic movie, and quite dark. Legend is a pretty fluffy in comparison. It is definitely an acceptable movie for children and has a much more lighthearted and cliche story line. But the music is enchanting and the visuals are stunning. I would recommend anyone watch it at least once.

Oh my... Pan's Labyrinth is a fantastic movie, and quite dark. Legend is a pretty fluffy in comparison. It is definitely an acceptable movie for children and has a much more lighthearted and cliche story line. But the music is enchanting and the visuals are stunning. I would recommend anyone watch it at least once.

Thank you Freki ! I'll put it down on my rent a vid. lol. In the music subforum Lela posted a clip from the Book of Kells, its for children for sure, but the music is outstanding. I find myself going back to this wee clip over and over again as the song the little girl sings is quite enchanting, and the look on her cat's face is just priceless. Puts a smile on my face everytime I hear it.:tongue:

Regards,

Gypsy

** The Secret of the Kells ** Original Post : Lela

I just loved this movie as a child and it remains one of my favorites to this day. Unicorns, Tim Curry as Darkness, Fairies, Imps, and a heart warming, magical story line. :chakrahearts:

Wow, this takes me back a few years. The "Mother Night" evocation by Darkness has many times popped into my head while taking a moonlit stroll. Tim Curry dominated that movie.

Guest MissTree

Loved that movie!

Wow, I sure am getting old. It seems like ages ago that I watched this and loved it so much. I've forgotten all about it. I loved the visual effects. (Wish life really looked like that). It had such a good message, especially for kids. I'm going to have to re-watch this one. :vhappywitch:

Edited by Blyss

Oh I love these movies.. The Secret of the Kells and Willow are my daughters' favorite movies. She is too young for Legend and esp. Pans Labyrinth (which is an awesome movie!)Oh and The Dark Crystal...

Edited by LdyShalott

Guest Elfyd

Yes "Legend" is a super movie, as was "Pan's Labyrinth", this makes a perfect segue to one of my ALL TIME faves, one that very few people it seems are familiar with: Neil Gaimon's "Mirrormask" If anyone has seen this please tell the folks here what they are missing.

FFFF

Elf