Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What is your favourite form of Divination?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Divination (113 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favourite form of Divination?

1. Voted Tarot Cards (73 votes [45.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.62%

2. Voted Oracle Cards (12 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Crystal ball (11 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

4. Voted Scrying mirror (21 votes [13.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.12%

5. Voted Runes (19 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

6. Voted Pendulum (24 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Ivy

Ivy

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

I would love to try my hand at scrying but I've already taken on a lot of new things so it will have to wait. Divination isn't something I've delved into very deeply, currently I'm studying the runes but I don't really intend to use them in divination. I have a few tarot and oracle decks with I bought because of the art work mainly but I use them for meditations, sometimes I'll draw cards and just ponder on them for a bit but I don't use them for divination.

When I was younger I used to have a silk bag I got from a new ages shop and in it I collected small objects that were precious to me, (pebbles, coins, shells, my mums old wedding ring ended up in there) once when I was very upset I emptied the bag across the floor, the memories that they held gave me comfort, but three of the stood out to me and helped give clarity to the situation I had landed myself in. I carried on with this for a few years but as a grew up I stopped doing it, I don't even know where the bag is any more. Now I wish I had kept it.

Anyway, I only mention it because I was trawling the internet recently and found that quite a few people have developed similar practices but there is something very daunting about creating your own divination system.

Now I'm off to see what threads I can dig up on here about it :)

#102 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

There is a thread called "Inventing your own Form of Divination" in the Divination section of the Forum. :D

#103 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Currently I have found myself using my quartz sphere placed before a black mirror and illuminated by candle light. I have been known to set up multiple items and go switch between them all as my focus shifts throughout the session. I have had as many as seven different scrying tools in use at once. Very intense but very fun if not a bit overwhelming at times.

#104 Michael

Michael

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I am best with the use of Runes. I am currently working on improving my Scrying and Tarot use.

- Michael

#105 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

I love the runes, but I don't divine, lol. The runes are something I have recently started really getting into in the last couple of years.

M

#106 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Right now I love my oracle cards. For other purposes I use runes or my pendulum.

Edited by NiamhBrennaDarcy, 04 February 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#107 moonstone

moonstone

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

My go-to divination method is Tarot or Scrying. I've started using a pendulum lately as well, but it's just not clicking with me yet.

#108 Snowdrop

Snowdrop

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I use Tarot almost exclusively, but I use a pendulum every so often too. I usually don't carry an actual pendulum with me, so I'll use a ring, a key, or whatever else is around. At one point I used an earring attached to a piece of ribbon, because I had nothing else handy.

I've been itching to get a set of runes lately, but I haven't found anything that really calls to me just yet.

#109 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

I use Tarot almost exclusively, but I use a pendulum every so often too. I usually don't carry an actual pendulum with me, so I'll use a ring, a key, or whatever else is around. At one point I used an earring attached to a piece of ribbon, because I had nothing else handy.

I've been itching to get a set of runes lately, but I haven't found anything that really calls to me just yet.

In a pinch I've used some earbud headphones :D whatever works!

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#110 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

For me it was a toss up between the scrying mirror or the crystal ball. I decided on the mirror because I do use it more often.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#111 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I didnt vote, because there wasnt an option for my preferred method.....  I prefer to call on a spirit and talk to them about it.  Most of the time, I do this through out-of-body journey, or through ingesting a plant I want to ask (the plant can be psychoactive or non-psychoactive, doesnt matter for me).  Another method I like is asking my question in a ritualized manner before taking a hike - you will figure that shit out by the end if you do it right!  

I used to use tarot much more, but I rarely touch them now....  Easier to just have a conversation where I can ask questions and such, then to have to interpret cards....  Still love the artwork though - they are my fall back on option if my other methods give me confusing answers.  

#112 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

Tarot is my most reliable and favorite method, but if I feel drawn to it for a particular matter, the crystal ball and scrying mirrors work wonders. Never liked runes much.

RSKHFMY

#113 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Well, I'd like to introduce you to Tykhe dice, I've been working on them for 2 years. No you won't have heard of them yet but I hope that will change. While being a Cleromancy form of divination it addresses far more, especially in our changing societies. Now I'm not trying to sell anything...because they aren't actually on sale. Please have a look, I hope you will be intrigued? Forum on facebook: https://www.facebook...oups/tykhedice/   or non fb at www.tykhedice.com.

Hope no-one thinks I'm abusing this thread with a self plug, but if you can't tell your friends...who can you tell?

Edited by thehoodedman, 01 May 2014 - 09:56 AM.

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#114 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

I like tarot or tarot likes me.  The cards spoke to me the very first time I ever looked at a deck.

This little trick isn't actually divination but a lot of people do use divination to try to find the answers within themselves as well and this works wonders for that.

When you have a decision to make that you keep going back and forth on - flip a coin.

The actual result doesn't really matter that much.  Your reaction to it is what you're looking for.  Give heads and tails very definite outcomes and flip it.  When you uncover it and look at it you're very first reaction before you even have time to think about the answer will tell you what you really, truly, deep down want.

If tails comes up and your reaction is 'Damn!  I would've rather had heads"  then you know your answer.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#115 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

Well, I'd like to introduce you to Tykhe dice, I've been working on them for 2 years. No you won't have heard of them yet but I hope that will change. While being a Cleromancy form of divination it addresses far more, especially in our changing societies. Now I'm not trying to sell anything...because they aren't actually on sale. Please have a look, I hope you will be intrigued? Forum on facebook: https://www.facebook...oups/tykhedice/   or non fb at www.tykhedice.com.

Hope no-one thinks I'm abusing this thread with a self plug, but if you can't tell your friends...who can you tell?

How pretty.... it looks complicated, but very interesting. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#116 LynnBay

LynnBay

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Maybe you can start a separate thread on their use? 

~Lynn by the Bay 

A Witch's Work is Never Done. 

#117 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Pendulum.
"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#118 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

For me it has to be scrying upon the third eye and allowing the images and concepts to appear.

#119 thehoodedman

thehoodedman

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

How pretty.... it looks complicated, but very interesting. 

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Maybe you can start a separate thread on their use? 

I'd be more than happy too start a thread. They are surprising simple to get started...really. I showed someone with no Tarot experience; she picked it up in 10mins!

If a moderator of 'Divination'  says its OK, I'll start a new thread. My pleasure.

Edited by thehoodedman, 02 May 2014 - 04:32 PM.

(The Merlin) Is this all you've learned Morgana? To deal in potions and petty evil.

#120 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

If a moderator of 'Divination'  says its OK, I'll start a new thread. My pleasure.

By all means!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website