Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What is your favourite form of Divination?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Divination (113 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favourite form of Divination?

1. Voted Tarot Cards (73 votes [45.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.62%

2. Voted Oracle Cards (12 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Crystal ball (11 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

4. Voted Scrying mirror (21 votes [13.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.12%

5. Voted Runes (19 votes [11.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

6. Voted Pendulum (24 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Frogspit

Frogspit

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

I like my pendulum. I recently bought a deck of Rider Waite tarot cards but as yet I haven't tried them.

#42 Pirkkodiva

Pirkkodiva

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

I like tarot cards the best. I don't have much sucess with my pendulum - I can never get straight answers, but Tarot seems to speak to me.

#43 Pixie

Pixie

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I love my tarot cards - but I have three decks (well I surrendered one to the husband). For me it was something I used to work at then my uncle actually gave me this amazing deck that has opened up new amazing pathways. This is the deck I use only for myself, so that might be part of it as well. The other deck I will use for reading others since my friends like to get a reading when they are having problems. My beloved deck is the Zerner-Farber Tarot apparently, which I got with a book "Instant Tarot Reader" or something like that. I never opened the book but the deck is gorgeous with rich colors. The other deck I use for other is a art nouveau Rider-Waite deck.
A friend told me you are not supposed to buy your own tarot cards - which sounds silly to me. However, none of the decks I bought myself ever have come close to coming as easily as the gifted deck.

I have a scrying mirror that the husband bought (he is the sort who goes on expensive shopping trips for paraphernalia) that I have felt inclined to use lately but haven't cleansed or charged it to align it with me yet. I am looking forward to it, when I had access to a fire pit I used to enjoy fire scrying and water scrying.

Years ago I made a beautiful set of runes but I never really "got it" with them. I have recently felt like trying to learn them but haven't got around to it yet.

#44 Figment

Figment

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

I voted for my oracle cards, but I would have picked two if I could. I also really like using my pendulum also. I have a nice Labradorite pendulum that I always seem to get great readings with.

#45 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

I picked tarot, but that's really my second choice, I prefer somatomancy first, since it can be done anywhere sub rosa.

:)

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#46 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

I work with Tarot and Oracle cards, I could never quite get into Runes and I am still very new to Pendulum but I do like it, for me sometimes it can be a little off base. I started with Tarot first and I do work with my decks quite a bit, however recently I've come to find that I do very very well with Oracle.
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#47 Night_Hawk

Night_Hawk

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I picked Runes, they are my favorite. I also enjoy scrying with fire or water (like a lake, river, or the ocean). I need the motion so I haven't tried a mirror, but the idea of a black mirror intrigues me.

Hold on to what is good, Even if it's a handful of earth..... Hold on to what you believe, Even if it's a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do, Even if it's a long way from here..... Hold on to your life, Even if it's easier to let go.
Hold on to my hand, Even if someday I'll be gone away from you.
~ a Pueblo Indian Prayer

#48 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

I chose Tarot first, since I have been reading tarot cards the longest, then it was the pendulum and runes. I have a couple of great pendulums that I love to use and I made my own runes years ago, but honestly I haven't used any for a little over 2 months now. I am such a bad girl!!
“Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus”
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

#49 Ledel

Ledel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

I love Tarot cards. And I've always loved runes, but I lost them. o_O :embarased: So I made new ones yesterday. I would love to learn scrying.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it. ~ William Arthur Ward

#50 Ledel

Ledel

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Oh, and I've always wanted to make my own Tarot cards but I am not disciplined enough to do that. :ani_witch_moon:
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it. ~ William Arthur Ward

#51 Ahrazura

Ahrazura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

I have great faith in Hathor's mirror and have had good results.

Ahrazura

#52 Aeorn

Aeorn

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

I chose Tarot and Scrying, and would have also picked IChing as I use that system also.

#53 Raina

Raina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

I use the Tarot, I love it and also read for clients. I also use the pendulum but I am intrigued about reading the bones.

Raina

#54 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

I do all the forms mentioned but mirror scrying.

Favourites in order:
  • Crystal ball
  • Pendulum
  • Oracle (I use Oracle sticks - similar to Chinese Fortune Telling Sticks)
  • Tarot
I've always been attracted to crystal ball scrying but haven't had much success until I got a book that explained how to use a natural crystal sphere and read the inclusions like one would read tea leaves. This idea really resonated with me and I just purchased a large natural sphere full of veils and inclusions. I'm practicing her method currently so time will tell if it yields results for me. :)

Working with a pendulum is such a quick and easy way for me to make a decision so it's a basic staple. Usually carry one on me.

I found Oracle Sticks online and have enjoyed working with them quite a bit.

I've got several tarot decks but my favourite two are the Medieval Scapini and the Golden Tarot by Kat Black. I'm not using these much currently as I'm trying to work with my sphere more at the moment - but I do love my decks.

Some others I do regularly but weren't mentioned is fire scrying and smoke scrying. I think I do those the most - I find myself drawn to it and I get lost in it quickly.

Edited by Lucea's Child, 08 August 2011 - 08:00 PM.

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#55 Rollaj

Rollaj

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Tarot and Pendulum
I love my Thoth deck.
I have a set of Hematite Runes, but currently they don't speak to me.
I've been getting attuned to my Pendulum, still have some work to do.

Rollaj

Follow the yellow brick road Dorothy. For there be Dragons, and thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#56 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:57 AM

I adore my cards, have quite a fee decks, but fire is a gift for me, the clarity is un matched, but that I only do for myself!
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#57 Rollaj

Rollaj

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Tarot and Pendulum
I love my Thoth deck.
I have a set of Hematite Runes, but currently they don't speak to me.
I've been getting attuned to my Pendulum, still have some work to do.

Rollaj

I mentioned that my Runes don't speak to me.
Funny thing happened this morning as I was getting dressed.
I keep my runes in a velvet bag in my dresser drawer. Three of them had fallen out.
These three (Thurisaz, Isa, and Algiz). And yes, they do relate to a present situation.
I guess they were showing me that they are willing and I need to work with them more.

Rollaj

Follow the yellow brick road Dorothy. For there be Dragons, and thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

#58 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Don't you just LOVE when things like that happen????
Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#59 Rollaj

Rollaj

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Don't you just LOVE when things like that happen????

Yes, Yes I do . :)
It reminds me that there really is something out there....

Rollaj

#60 Brigid

Brigid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

There certainly is!!!!