Photo
- - - - -

Crooked Path Podcasts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Just a heads up .. I did a search and couldn't find a note of this so ..

Some of you will be aware that Peter Paddon used to publish podcasts on his Crooked Path website. Back in late 2009 he decided to finish them, however ..

He has started doing them again, it looks like he restarted them early this year. His podcats may not be everyone's cup of tea but they are generally interesting.

You can find them on Apple Itunes or directly from his Crooked Path website here

http://crookedpath.mypodcast.com/

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#2 Nineheart

Nineheart

The Wish Card

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for this! I never knew about him before, but he does seem to have some interesting content.

The Wish Card, May Dreams Come True.

#3 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Thank you Brian, I shall have a browse later.

#4 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Brian, am checking it out now.
...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#5 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

I bookmarked it, will read tomorrow, I'm so tired.

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

I hadn't realized he'd started up again... I enjoyed the majority of his old ones and will def check out the new ones! Peter Paddon published podcasts picking pecks of pickled peppers....

M

#7 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

I really like Peter's Podcasts... glad he's decided to start them up again.

#8 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just a heads up .. I listened to one of the podcasts which was a recording of one of Peter's lectures last night on my mp3 player with headphones while relaxing .. the talk feels like you're in the room with the audience and quite a few times someone coughed which can startle you as you may end up wondering who the hell is in the house coughing LOL

A little bit of a jolt when you're relaxed listening to it LOL

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#9 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

Just a heads up .. I listened to one of the podcasts which was a recording of one of Peter's lectures last night on my mp3 player with headphones while relaxing .. the talk feels like you're in the room with the audience and quite a few times someone coughed which can startle you as you may end up wondering who the hell is in the house coughing LOL

A little bit of a jolt when you're relaxed listening to it LOL

Cheers for the warning Drogs! LOL

#10 Blyss

Blyss

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

His voice is so calming and soothing, it almost puts me to sleep. Will listen to him with a cup of coffee. :) Thanks so much for the link.
Even in tragedy, there is a certain kind of beauty, a certain kind of magic that exists outside of our pain.

#11 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Got loads of these on my iPhone, just started listening to them after finding my lost headphones.
He reminds me a bit of 'whispering' Bob Harris from the old grey whistle test - similar calming voice.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#12 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Sorry to rock the boat good people, as much as I like Paddon and his works I just do not "get" the podcasts they seem orchestrated and hollow, they did not move me at all. That you liked them is a bonus to you all, I hope you find what you are seeking i them.
FFFF
Elf

#13 Rose

Rose

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Sorry to rock the boat good people, as much as I like Paddon and his works I just do not "get" the podcasts they seem orchestrated and hollow, they did not move me at all. That you liked them is a bonus to you all, I hope you find what you are seeking i them.
FFFF
Elf

I agree to an extent Elfyd. I just recently found him as well, interesting it should be posted so relatively soon after I found him!

While I think they are a bit orchestrated, I chalk that up to performance needs. I think that if you listen past the rehearsed voices and what sounds like him reading from a PowerPoint presentation, get down to the meaty content, that he is quite interesting, His ideas are thought-provoking at the very least!

I just take this perspective because I have been a performer in my life and, always wanting to put the best possible production out, sometimes things that are too rehearsed can come off that way - especially without the added depth of seeing body language or facial expressions.

#14 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Just listened to a few, makes me feel very relaxed as well as being interesting.
:coffee: :)

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#15 witchwood

witchwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

I have to admit to being a fan of his too. I've listened to loads of different podcasts and his are certainly one of the best. They can sound a bit staged but thats the nature of the beast.

#16 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Take what you like, leave the rest is what I say...;)

#17 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

I have found some things to be of interest and other ehh.. Over all I think its a decent cast and worth a listen.. It is like PD Cagliastro, I keep what I want and leave the rest to the mundane..

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#18 Freki

Freki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

I gave these a listen and I did find them interesting, but I have trouble absorbing information audibly... so I found myself fading in and out, often losing myself in my own thoughts. It didn't help that his voice relaxes me to the point of zoning out.
But perhaps I could use these podcasts to reach a trance state :wacko:.

~ Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make! ~
Bram Stoker's Dracula

#19 nej

nej

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

I attended a meetup group here in L.A. where he taught a class on energy work - I had never heard of him before but I've been listening to his podcasts ever since. They are extremely informative, but they can sometimes be a little sleep-inducing. I take notes and that seems to help me retain the info.