Photo
- - - - -

Faces before I sleep

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 JasonMcC

JasonMcC

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

Not sure if this falls into divination or not, so I'm looking for a little guidance on this one.

When I lay down at night, close my eyes and start my nightly meditations I for some reason always come to seeing a gray cloud that fills my entire vision. In the photography world its called 18% grey or middle gray. For the past few years now, before I fall into sleep I will see faces of people I don't know flouting in the cloud. They will float in and out, sometimes becoming clear, other times fading out. There is no converstaion or communication, but for some reason i feel like some of them want to. Other seem, or feel hostile for some reason, like I should put up a wall between them and me. When they are their, or better yet when I get the feeling that something is not right, I get a idea of doors comming shut, locking my mind away from them. I have tried to stay awake longer when these sessions are happening, but I work two jobs and one of them is our own company, so by the time I go to bed I'm typically exhausted.

I spoke to a friend of mine and she was unable to offer much guidance as to what might be going on, she recommended I clean the house with sage, and see if that helps. While the sage made me feel much better about allot of things, I am still experiencing the faces in my pre-sleep. (Although my wife did come home from work and ask if I had started smoking pot after cleaning the house with sage.)

I have never experienced any sort of Divination in my personal life in the past, is this some sort of it?

Thoughts? explanations? advice??

~Jason

~Some day I hope to become the person my dog thinks I am

#2 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

I get this before I sleep as well. If I follow if through it turns in to movie clips with snippits of sound of people I have no idea who they are. If I think about it though in th comventional sense, it disappears. I cant speak for you but my belief is that what I experience is some sort of telepathy that I dont really understand.

#3 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

You walk out into the street at a busy time of day, you will more than likely encounter people, so why are you surprised at finding entities roaming the busy "streets" of the Other World? In the mundane, you see people you know, people who are friendly, some who may even want to chat, and some who are indifferent or even not nice. Someone would have to be obviously threatening, be it in the physical or metaphysical world, for me to shut myself up from them. They would have to be pretty nasty for me to run from them. I don't run and hide in the house everytime I see a person who is not nice. Hell, I would never come out of the house. Damn, I'm not nice, so now what do I do???? Hard to hide from yourself. Trust me; I have tried. I always find me.

Anyway, you are not divining anything. You're doing a bit of travelling, that is all. No need for a lot of fuss. You should get more comfortable with time.

Jevne

#4 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Not sure if this falls into divination or not, so I'm looking for a little guidance on this one.

When I lay down at night, close my eyes and start my nightly meditations I for some reason always come to seeing a gray cloud that fills my entire vision. In the photography world its called 18% grey or middle gray. For the past few years now, before I fall into sleep I will see faces of people I don't know flouting in the cloud. They will float in and out, sometimes becoming clear, other times fading out. There is no converstaion or communication, but for some reason i feel like some of them want to. Other seem, or feel hostile for some reason, like I should put up a wall between them and me. When they are their, or better yet when I get the feeling that something is not right, I get a idea of doors comming shut, locking my mind away from them. I have tried to stay awake longer when these sessions are happening, but I work two jobs and one of them is our own company, so by the time I go to bed I'm typically exhausted.

I spoke to a friend of mine and she was unable to offer much guidance as to what might be going on, she recommended I clean the house with sage, and see if that helps. While the sage made me feel much better about allot of things, I am still experiencing the faces in my pre-sleep. (Although my wife did come home from work and ask if I had started smoking pot after cleaning the house with sage.)

I have never experienced any sort of Divination in my personal life in the past, is this some sort of it?

Thoughts? explanations? advice??

~Jason

I was giving my mum a lift to meet her friends about hour an ago when she got into a conversation about what has been happening to her for sometime. She said when she closes her eyes to go asleep she starts seeing all these faces, she does not know any of the faces and she mentally tells them to go away. This thread came to my mind when she told me.

My mum does not follow any path or practice Witchcraft but on saying that, she used to read the Tarot as an interest and also do dowsing. She has excellent intuition and has unintentionally Astral travelled when her body and mind were under a lot of stress.

Anita.

#5 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

My mum does not follow any path or practice Witchcraft but on saying that, she used to read the Tarot as an interest and also do dowsing. She has excellent intuition and has unintentionally Astral travelled when her body and mind were under a lot of stress.

I think this is quite common Magdalena, many that have the gifts do not consciously follow any path or practice witchcraft per se, but the gifts are there and can be accessed.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#6 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

I think this is quite common Magdalena, many that have the gifts do not consciously follow any path or practice witchcraft per se, but the gifts are there and can be accessed.

My mum is very open minded and though she expresses a positive attitude outwardly, inwardly she is very negative, which I feel blocks so much in her life. Her Astral travel ex[perience happened when my fathers illness took it's toll on her, when she described it to me, she said it was the most wonderful feeling and she wants to go back because she had not felt that good in so long, I told her she could and that she should start practising meditation to help her. When she was telling me about the faces, I suggested she relax into what was happening rather than tell them to go away. My dad has deteriorated a lot in the past few months, which means they can no longer keep him in the care home and he has to be moved to a nursing home, I know this is very upsetting for my mum, it seems her mind opens up to these experiences when her body and mind are tired and stressed.

I have explained to her that she has these gifts and maybe she should try and tap into them.
;)

#7 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

WOW, I thought I was the only one that something like this happened with. It does not happen all the time, but if I am under a lot of stress, or unsettled about something, this seems to be more likely to occur; albeit it sometimes occurs when nothing stressful is going on. Some of the faces can be pretty creepy and sinister, to the point where I jump up, I get so startled by it.
Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to..

#8 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I did have to mull over commenting on this one since I do not want to sound like a "seen it, done it, smelt it, felt it" type of person. Lol I am fae from that :sunny:

But this one did get me thinking. I never really see much before I go to sleep, far too tired for that, but I do when I am relaxing in the bath. Up until last February I didn't ever think much of it. I assumed that the people and places were just images that my imagination had conjured up, nothing more. As described above I see something very much like movie clips that stay for a bit and then fade to some thing different.

Whilst lounging in the bath last Feb drifting around watching the clips in my head I saw a mature couple, maybe in their 60's. It was a nice scene. They looked to be relaxing in a garden and just enjoying some quiet time. I just thought how peaceful and relaxing it all looked, and how it matched my own mood. The woman got up and went off some where. Then it was as though (like at the movies) the camera zoomed in on the mans face. He looked at me and said " You're going to be ill soon". After that the image changed.

To be honest I didn't really think on it much. It occurred to me that something felt a little odd about it. Perhaps because I normally feel like an observer of a quiet dream world, I don't expect interaction so I did not percieve it as such.

Any way. The following week I found myself laid up in bed with a nasty ear and throat infection. I was stuck in bed for about a week. It was then that I remembered the old....well.... mature man. I can still see him so very clearly.

I did wonder if being in the bath had any significance since water has some fantastic energy and special properties.

Georgia xx

#9 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

I did wonder if being in the bath had any significance since water has some fantastic energy and special properties.

Georgia xx

Wouldn't surprise me, water has always been some kind of portal. When one truly relaxes in that way, and shuts off the corporal self. I wouldn't be surprised if you did a bit of astral travel as well. Something I'd hone in on, and investigate further. :happy:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Wouldn't surprise me, water has always been some kind of portal. When one truly relaxes in that way, and shuts off the corporal self. I wouldn't be surprised if you did a bit of astral travel as well. Something I'd hone in on, and investigate further. :happy:

Regards,
Gypsy

It has definitely made me consider the faces and places in a very different light. I will definitely be much more mindful of that whenever I see them again.......And yes I agree definitely worth further development.

:vhappywitch:

#11 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Georgia xx

I believe it does, it works for me, I use water and fire, I seem to naturally draw off them both, I always use fire in my workings ie: the flame of a candle, and most of the time I feel the need to be in the bath to relax and reach a medative state and such. Also in the warmer weather I can open my bathroom window so it is as if there is no window there, just a big hole in the wall so I am looking at the night sky while laying in the bath with candles burning. (Luckily, I'm not at ground level in my bathroom) The window faces me and takes up most of the top half of the wall. :D

#12 Laetus

Laetus

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

from my experiences the faces and the scenes viewed are a form of astral projection at a basic level. Almost like remote viewing yet entirely unintentional, meditation relaxation and energy absorption can all kick start the visions. In my oppinion it is worth holding on to and experiencing... It is a natural craft coming forth from you, why not see where you can take it;)

#13 Christy

Christy

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

WOW, I thought I was the only one that something like this happened with. It does not happen all the time, but if I am under a lot of stress, or unsettled about something, this seems to be more likely to occur; albeit it sometimes occurs when nothing stressful is going on. Some of the faces can be pretty creepy and sinister, to the point where I jump up, I get so startled by it.

This happens to me sometimes. Usually seems to be when I am right on the edge of sleep (I have an awful sleep pattern) and then my brain jumps awake and I think that is why I can remember this so well. Yes, often creepy, morphed/morphing, weird and no one I recognize. Kind of has a hazy/smoky effect around the faces and they are not in color although my dreams are. It doesn't scare me so much as make me wonder - what the hell was that about? Is that 'traveling'? or are they coming to me and why? Maybe it's just my imagination...

#14 Christy

Christy

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Any way. The following week I found myself laid up in bed with a nasty ear and throat infection. I was stuck in bed for about a week. It was then that I remembered the old....well.... mature man. I can still see him so very clearly.

Georgia xx

Last winter my acupuncturist suggested a (fantastic!) detox bath which requires a good half hour of soaking. I started doing shamanic journeying while soaking and had some incredible experiences including names of dieties that I was not familiar with but was able to verify after some research and other strange and interesting things that completely resonated and validated many things. Also tried a brief past life regression and got some information including a year and country and also some facts I was able to verify. Incredible. I probably would have had a hard time believing this if I hadn't experienced it. I have had more meaningful and intense experiences with meditations/journeys/healings in the detox bath than anywhere else. Highly recommended!

#15 UAINE

UAINE

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

I find it comforting that others also see these faces in the dark. I usually see these faces when I try to sleep after I have been meditating. I do enjoy this experience and love the variety and how they sometimes morph into different faces, often non human in appearance. I have had them talk at me but I cannot hear their words most times. Just a bit of traveling I believe and I think my face is out there too during these times and someone may be seeing me before they sleep.

#16 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

JasonMcC, I think it's interesting you mentioned some of the people seeming hostile and you feeling like you need to put a wall between yourself and them, it's exactly how I feel. Sometimes it even feels like the person I'm seeing is looking back at me, which is a really freaky feeling. But maybe it's just you guys doing what I'm doing :D

Normally when I try to divine something or just look somewhere where my physical eyes can't see, I scry or meditate. Pretty much everyone from the witchy side of my family has had strong tendencies towards divination and clairvoyance so I've gotten used to it at an early age. But this thing that happens when I close my eyes at night is nothing I'm used to. But it is nice to know others are going through the same stuff. If anyone has any tips on controlling it I'd be very happy! :D Although I don't mind the extremely short short films that flicker through my head I would like to be able to view an area or person for longer than I am able now.

#17 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I too find this comforting. I remember one night I saw the faces of three old medieval women staring down at me. It was not long after I made the decision to follow the Pagan path, and I`m sure they were there to help open further doors for me with it.

#18 Solaire

Solaire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I've had similar experiences to those listed here. Sometimes it has really bothered me as the faces would seem to swoop down towards me fast, while other times they would hover closer to the ceiling. I'd never thought of relaxing into it though, usually they would fade away as I fell asleep. I'll try that, as I'd really like to explore it more.

I'm a full on sleep talker, and have had experiences in the past where I see someone in the room with me. I find it interesting that the faces bother me more than seeing a shadowy person in the room.

#19 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

It happens very often to me,some nites
I home in ,other times I just ignore it.last night I was looking deeper and they were coming in fast some lingered in the background, others got closer and more defined.I was concentrating on one in particular then bam!,this thing just stared snapping at me,startled me so much I sat bolt up right.That has never happened before.Bit odd I thought,going to try deeper tonite._;

#20 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Anyone just hear them? As Im drifting off, i will have something speak into my...head? Calling my name, trying to talk to me. Is this strange? Always seem to know my name. Must be a relative?