Photo
- - - - -

“Black Khmer magic” a threat to the Thai army?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

Figured I'd share this. Hope it is enjoyed by some.^_^

#2 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Figured I'd share this. Hope it is enjoyed by some.^_^

Interesting stuff, thanks..

#3 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

That was interesting, thanks for sharing. Why wouldn't the Thai army seek to use this, as it's part of their old culture. Good read.
Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#4 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

neat - food for thought for sure
I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#5 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

Its good that in this day an age when the general consensus is, "if you cant see it and you dont understand it " it dosn't exist.
That a return to old beliefs and customs is apparent in this case. Not only that there seems to be a great deal of faith levied on them.
Thanks for sharing the link.

:wickedwitch:

#6 Dream Walker

Dream Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

This reminded me of the Romanian gypsies cursing the Romanian government to stop austerity measures.
"Time is a moving image of eternity" - a mechanical copy of a more profound reality.
- Plato/ Tobias Churton

#7 Guest_ZenDraegan_*

Guest_ZenDraegan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hello all,

This is a subject that I have a lot of information on, and experience with. As I am a former Buddhist Monk and spent ample amount of time with a wicha master. While I do not make amulets like seen in the article, but do have quite a few myself, I have been taught to, and do draw yant (Yantra in Sanskrit; meaning a design with Sacred Geometrical symbolism inflected) of the same like. I have attached a picture of a pha yant (yant cloth) that I have drawn myself. The lines drawn in the Yant represent the Umbilical Cord of the Buddha, and are traditionally known as 'The Bones of the Yant'. There are many varied forms of Yantra such as, Round Yant, Triangular Yant, Four Sided Yant, and even Pictorial ones.

With each amulet, or yant, the yant master "charges" the amulet or yant with secret methods. The yant master then gives a gatha (mantra) to be recited to the amulet or yant as well as specific rules to follow, that will make the yant or amulet effective in its designed purpose.

While many people carry or wear amulets, others will wear a yant cloth to serve the same purpose. Others receive sak yant, or yant tattoos (which I am in the process of learning)to always have them with them. There are reports, articles, witnesses, etc. of where a person wearing a yant was shot and the bullet only bruised them badly, but did not pierce the skin.

Many yant are also designed for protection or the bearer, home or business. Sexual desires, curses, hexing, good fortune, good health, etc. Below is a yant shirt that I have drawn for someone for various purposes.

Attached Files

#8 Guest_ZenDraegan_*

Guest_ZenDraegan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

That was interesting, thanks for sharing. Why wouldn't the Thai army seek to use this, as it's part of their old culture. Good read.
Regards,
Gypsy

CG, Many of the Thai army have a strong belief in this. Especially on the border, where drug wars are a constant struggle, they visit specific Monks who are wicha masters (Masters of magic) for their blessing and protection. This is very common today!

#9 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Zen,

The shirts are interesting, I've often pondered and chatted here with one of our Peers, who in my opinion is quite the artist with the medium of paint. Could one incorporate magical properties within the metalics of paint, lets say for sigil workings and/or to put up on the outside door frames of one's home. Protection as it were. Not only would the paint contain reflective/deflective properties it would also hold the intent. My ponderings. Also if needed to be touched up after the seasons, this placard, could be taken down, and reworked. I mean I've seen this in the mundane, " Welcome to Our Home "... " Friends gather Here "... you follow me ?

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

#10 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

I've often pondered and chatted here with one of our Peers, who in my opinion is quite the artist with the medium of paint. Could one incorporate magical properties within the metalics of paint, lets say for sigil workings and/or to put up on the outside door frames of one's home. Protection as it were. Not only would the paint contain reflective/deflective properties it would also hold the intent. My ponderings. Also if needed to be touched up after the seasons, this placard, could be taken down, and reworked. I mean I've seen this in the mundane, " Welcome to Our Home "... " Friends gather Here "... you follow me ?
[/size]

CG, your idea makes me think of the Hexenmeisters and the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs. Of course, I am referring to the original signs and not the ones you can buy for $19.99 at any truck stop on Route 30. Like your examples, some consider them a painted prayer and the designs were thought to have the properties of protection or a tailsman for the prosperity of the farm by empowering them with an invocation. The paint per say was not infused with magical properties but the intent is similar. I like the idea..

Interesting article Ourboros and Zen, your contributions are always enlightening..
Thanks to both of you for sharing..

Edited by LdyShalott, 31 May 2011 - 03:47 PM.

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#11 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

CG, your idea makes me think of the Hexenmeisters and the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs. Of course, I am referring to the original sings and not the ones you can buy for $19.99 at any truck stop on Route 30. Like your examples, some consider them a painted prayer and the designs were thought to have the properties of protection or a tailsman for the prosperity of the farm by empowering them with an invocation. The paint per say was not infused with magical properties but the intent is similar. I like the idea..

Interesting article Ourboros and Zen, your contributions are always enlightening..
Thanks to both of you for sharing..

Oh my Ldy, I've not heard of these "Hexenmeisters and the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs " I was just tossing out an idea, as when I saw the shirts that Zen created, and wondered if the same could be done with protection of one's home. I have herbs up on my door frames yet they are precarious themselves, they will either get jostled off by the closing or opening of a door, or when the seasons change, they swell and fall off, even when I use a pin or pokey to secure them to the wood, they still find their way on the floor, becoming a cat toy. lol. So I've been pondering upon another line, and like the reflective/deflective way metalic paint properties work.

Regards,
Gypsy

#12 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Oh my Ldy, I've not heard of these "Hexenmeisters and the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs " I was just tossing out an idea, as when I saw the shirts that Zen created, and wondered if the same could be done with protection of one's home. I have herbs up on my door frames yet they are precarious themselves, they will either get jostled off by the closing or opening of a door, or when the seasons change, they swell and fall off, even when I use a pin or pokey to secure them to the wood, they still find their way on the floor, becoming a cat toy. lol. So I've been pondering upon another line, and like the reflective/deflective way metalic paint properties work.

CG, I had the same problem. Finally, I made squares from chicken wire, connected two pieces on three sides and made a "pouch", then hung them from a hook on the door frame. I just place the herb bundle in the pouch..

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#13 Guest_ZenDraegan_*

Guest_ZenDraegan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

Zen,

The shirts are interesting, I've often pondered and chatted here with one of our Peers, who in my opinion is quite the artist with the medium of paint. Could one incorporate magical properties within the metalics of paint, lets say for sigil workings and/or to put up on the outside door frames of one's home. Protection as it were. Not only would the paint contain reflective/deflective properties it would also hold the intent. My ponderings. Also if needed to be touched up after the seasons, this placard, could be taken down, and reworked. I mean I've seen this in the mundane, " Welcome to Our Home "... " Friends gather Here "... you follow me ?

Regards,
Gypsy

I love this idea, as If we can do this with ink as we do with sak yant (magical tattoos), why not paint. The ink that is often used in sak yant, or even pha yant (magical cloth drawings) is often infused and mixed with ashed of a past master, the blood of other high level wicha masters, ground bone of the wicha masters, etc. So to apply the same Idea to the paint would be just as applicable. Thanks for the idea!!!