Photo
- - - - -

"Spirit"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 LightBurner

LightBurner

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

Were the hauntings stronger/more frequent after removing the cats?

Not that I'm considering shoving a cat in the wall or anything, just curious.

lolol I hope not lolol ;)

#42 ashley

ashley

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Whiterose.
I have personally captured a reflection of "someone" not in a room with me when I took the pic. And I also agree that there are those out there willing to make a "buck /Pound" out of anything and anyone gullible enough to fall for their shennanigans sp (how do you spell that?)..
I have the problem with the investigations that there is not the correct amount of respect shown to the spirit world. And that there are definately some people just there for entertainment. I am there to explore and understand and hope that I am inoffensive in this.
My next project should be to a place called "The Cage". The witches prison where Matthew Hopkins interrogated and executed his victims. I am not there to listen to the mediums or look at any photos that may be taken. I will be there to feel and see and hopefully I may be privy to some communication.
:wickedwitch:

I would absolutely love to hear more about this after you visit -- if you feel comfortable discussing it, of course.

#43 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

Were the hauntings stronger/more frequent after removing the cats?

Not that I'm considering shoving a cat in the wall or anything, just curious.

LOL - glad your not!

The cats were discovered when I was about age 4. I don't recall any disturbances until I was older. Both my grandparents passed away in the house when I turned older, but I do not think they caused the disturbances.

Also, when I was about age 4 (after the cats were discovered and removed) I was sleeping with my parents in their bed and had a really terrifying experience where I was looking up at the ceiling and a small black dot formed there. It slowly began to rotate and get larger and larger. When it completely covered me from head to foot, I started screaming my head off :scared: .

My parents said it was a night mare, but I swore I was awake because I could see the entire room (light streaming in from the street light outside).

My father was into spiritualism, but he was very moody from the war (2) and later through the years, both my parents began to drink and argue heavily. My life was absolute hell there. I think that the way they became attracted a lot of negative energy and possibly spirits.

When I was about 16 I had a very threatening experience. There were also times when I felt like the bed was spinning or would lift up and flip over near the ceiling...I recall holding on for dear life. All was black as can be at this time and I could not see a thing. I am not saying the bed actually did this. I guess I could have been dreaming or astral projecting, but I could not see a darn thing.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 25 August 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#44 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

When I was about 16 I had a very threatening experience. There were also times when I felt like the bed was spinning or would lift up and flip over near the ceiling...I recall holding on for dear life. All was black as can be at this time and I could not see a thing. I am not saying the bed actually did this. I guess I could have been dreaming or astral projecting, but I could not see a darn thing.

My mother experienced something similar when she was about that age. Scared her so much, that it turned her from the Path. Such a shame.

Jevne

#45 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

I belive all "reality" programs are bullshit no mater the subject! I have tried to watch some of these shows, but have never lasted threw an entire episode!!

It's not that I don't believe in spirits, I have encounterd many in my lifetime, but to think that they are just hanging around waiting for a film crew to knock on a few walls and walk heavy footed across a floor is just plain Hollywood bullshit!!

No offence is meant by this comment, I'm sleepy, perhaps a bit cranky so I will elaborate
tomorrow.

Ok, it's tomorrow :)

I am not trying to say that the experience that you had was BS, just that these shows in general are staged for the most part and really can't be taken seriously, they are loaded with fake drama, if not, they would hold a 0 in the ratings.
JMPO

Ritualistic behaviour, though well-intentioned, possesses no significance or effectiveness unless its external prescription is matched by a personal, internal motivation of will and desire.

#46 EliseN

EliseN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

My mother experienced something similar when she was about that age. Scared her so much, that it turned her from the Path. Such a shame.

Jevne

As a child and then as a teen and well into my early 20s, I experienced many episodes similar to one described by Autumn Moon. I think I shut down a lot of my "power" over the years as a response to deep fear of what happened. I don't think I've been 100 percent back on my Path until you Jevne said something to the effect of "If you don't use it, you lose it!". And after reading your words, that day, I decide to stop waivering and USE IT! ( Thank you!)

#47 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

An interesting thread, which discusses some individual experiences with spirits, including ways to potentially communicate with them.  There are others, of course, but this one is a good starting point.  Bumping for the newbies that seem especially concerned with the nature of spirit contact through various methods.