Photo
- - - - -

"Spirit"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#21 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

Maybe that's what bothers me. Not being in control of the invitations lol.
Just feel unnerved and cannot use one. As a witch one of my strongest assets are my instincts. And they tell
Me keep away.

#22 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

All,

I am still of the firm belief that the "spirits" that come to us from the "other side" do so from their own motivation. Seeking them out and finding them means that we have crossed over to their realm and been allowed to witness. My departed mother came to me in a mirror visage during a time of discord and a lonely situation, I "knew" she was there, I felt it, upon turning I saw her image fade away. This warmed and inspired me and I dug myself out of the personal hole I was in. In times such as All-hallows Eve we are given the opportunity to commune with loved ones, again this is a personal time, should be revered as all spirit connection, I cannot believe that a form of existence like our departed spirits have any kind of solid image presented to this world and the devices that are trying to capture it, we move on after death to our next phase, it is beyond us to understand what is ahead of us. As "witches" we look forward to this when our time is due, if one is presented the gift of communication I do not think that we should dishonour this by trying to capture it. I treasure that time my mother came to me. I am not indicating that all your experiences were invalid, just that they were entirely personal and should be recognised as such.

My own opinion,

FFFF

Elf

#23 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

On a personal note there has been plenty of encounters with entities/spirit, some being extremely unpleasent. And even though I'm a witch and meant to be completly unphased by such occurances, some have left me extremely unnerved. I think this I why I need to explore this more.......I hate being uncomfortable with things. Dont get me wrong, some encounters are fine and pleasent. But I need to understand the more difficult and darker ones. And although I maintain a level of control. I think in order to be more dominant I need to expose myself to these things in order to obtain greater understanding.

Personally I think this part of the path. I have done this myself...delved in to that which I feared as a sort of shock therapy to make myself more in control and stronger. Its neat to see others that came to the same thing on there own terms. Kind of validates it for me.

What do you think on Ouji boards and that form of communication?......Something about it dosn't sit right with me. Really don't know why, just a bad feeling I get about it. So bad I cannot touch one.
:wickedwitch:

I don't like Ouji boards personally. I have to many negative stories and experiences in my head to effectively use one. My mental state in itself would prove self destructive of any positive communication. Maybe it is a learned fear, maybe not, but I would still be putting myself in danger because I have not conquered that fear yet and I am not ready to. Maybe later on my path I will be ready but I am still to scared as my childhool is still very fresh in my memory as it was not that long ago! lol.

Personally, I don't see Ouija boards as a reliable form of communication. To me, it seems similar to opening up your front door & setting out a welcome mat. Who knows who or what will wander in.

I agree completely.

#24 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

My personal experience has included training to strenghten my ability in this area. I was always taught disembodied souls (either have passed on or never been in a body) don't like to be called spirits but guides. My understanding of the laws of nature, which all entities have to follow regarding what realm they come from (not talking laws of gravity or such here). Basically, a soul keeps it's personality traits once they pass over, no need to get rid of them. As in life, a departed souls can be nice or nasty - people is people. The important thing is, they cannot hurt you unless you choose to let them. People do get harmed because of thei own fear and belief that if it's coming from 'the beyond', then it must have some kind of power to hurt you, but it's not true. Only happens if you believe it. If you want to explore this, go ahead, and if you are unsure or concerned at all, learn a protection spell.

OK, this is what I believe to be true. Your experience may differ.

Abraxia.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#25 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

My personal experience has included training to strenghten my ability in this area. I was always taught disembodied souls (either have passed on or never been in a body) don't like to be called spirits but guides. My understanding of the laws of nature, which all entities have to follow regarding what realm they come from (not talking laws of gravity or such here). Basically, a soul keeps it's personality traits once they pass over, no need to get rid of them. As in life, a departed souls can be nice or nasty - people is people. The important thing is, they cannot hurt you unless you choose to let them. People do get harmed because of thei own fear and belief that if it's coming from 'the beyond', then it must have some kind of power to hurt you, but it's not true. Only happens if you believe it. If you want to explore this, go ahead, and if you are unsure or concerned at all, learn a protection spell.

Abraxia.

Yeah I don't believe this. I have known strong witches to be attacked by spirits/entities. I think there are some out there that are powerful enough to effect the physical reality with or without the conduit of fear and belief.

#26 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

[quote name='Whiterose' timestamp='1303736636' post='97550']

I don't like Ouji boards personally. I have to many negative stories and experiences in my head to effectively use one. My mental state in itself would prove self destructive of any positive communication. Maybe it is a learned fear, maybe not, but I would still be putting myself in danger because I have not conquered that fear yet and I am not ready to. Maybe later on my path I will be ready but I am still to scared as my childhool is still very fresh in my memory as it was not that long ago! lol.

I'm not a user of the board, never called to me to use it. Perhaps that is a good thing for the time being. I too sense contamination within my own mind regarding the use of this particular divination. I find the clarity of a pendulum, to my workings. The basic " Yes, No, Maybe " is sufficient. I try to keep an open mind to this form of divination, for future use if need be.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#27 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

Abraxia.

Hi, Abraxia:

Not to play Devil's advocate, but didn't you post in another thread about having been attacked by an unseen entity? Or am I thinking of someone else? If that was you, does that mean that you let it attack you or believed that it could?

If I am mistaken regarding the who, what when, etc., please let me know.

Jevne

#28 CottageLady

CottageLady

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

Personally I think this part of the path. I have done this myself...delved in to that which I feared as a sort of shock therapy to make myself more in control and stronger. Its neat to see others that came to the same thing on there own terms. Kind of validates it for me.

I agree completely.

I also completely agree with what was said: In that Ouija boards are potentially dangerous and there is no good reason to use one. To me it is not a matter of facing fear, but instead it is very much a matter of placing myself and my family in danger by inviting a potentially malevolent spirit into my very house.

#29 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hi, Abraxia:

Not to play Devil's advocate, but didn't you post in another thread about having been attacked by an unseen entity? Or am I thinking of someone else? If that was you, does that mean that you let it attack you or believed that it could?

If I am mistaken regarding the who, what when, etc., please let me know.

Jevne

http://www.tradition...dpost__p__97445

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#30 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

I also completely agree with what was said: In that Ouija boards are potentially dangerous and there is no good reason to use one. To me it is not a matter of facing fear, but instead it is very much a matter of placing myself and my family in danger by inviting a potentially malevolent spirit into my very house.

Truthfully, this is all spirit communication. The key is to know what you're doing, along with knowing the dangers and how to avoid them. As many of us know, most do not know these things and look at items like ouija boards as toys, which is part of what I believe leads to all these negative stories surrounding them.

#31 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Truthfully, this is all spirit communication. The key is to know what you're doing, along with knowing the dangers and how to avoid them. As many of us know, most do not know these things and look at items like ouija boards as toys, which is part of what I believe leads to all these negative stories surrounding them.

Agree with this. I've used a Ouija board before and did it without taking it seriously and had some issues. That was because at the time (this was about 10 years ago lol) I took no precautions whatsoever, was completely open, didn't close down the board, etc. etc.

I personally feel that any spirit contact is potentially dangerous if its taken lightly and treated as a game. Ouija board is just another method of spirit contact IMO. I would use one again if I felt I needed to, and would certainly go about it in a more intelligent way. :rolleyes_witch:

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#32 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

Yes Jevne, that was me. I grew up in a house full of a lot of negative energy and with little self-esteem. I believed I had little control over what others could do to me for various reasons and was extremely scared of the supernatural. I did have an attack, along with other experiences growing up, but once I started working on my self-esteem and came to realise I do have power over what happens to me, nothing like this has happened since.

I'm not denying there are entities with evil intent, just as there are people with evil intent walking around. What i've come to realise is the biggest go ahead for attack is to perceive yourself as a victim.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#33 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

I take the opposite view. I use the Ouija board regularly to communicate with spirits. Like any tool they are only dangerous if you don t know how to use them and they are only effective if you use them confidently. There is an interesting article on the front page on this subject, written by Sandy.

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#34 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

Wakey Wakey thread :lol_witch:
Just an update and share of my thoughts /learnings.

Well been hanging a bit with the spirit crowd and most seem genuine people. Though I have to listen to my inner feelings and say, some are definately in it for reasons other than contact with spirit.
Amazingly enough I find it very easy to be in touch and communicate with spirit. In fact so remarkabley easy, without boasting, I would just say it is a very strong gift. But my strongest gift is with the craft and I will not deviate away from that path. Dont think I could anyway.

Did go to the "Cage," the witches prison with the Essex and Suffolk Paranormal Society. There were presences there which I saw and felt. I was having a chat with the Recorder (person who writes down whats going on) ouside the toilet, when the door there rattles violently. After an exchange of "WTF's goin on" glances. I state that I was sure the loo was unoccupied. We are now wondering if the toilet is indeed empty and it is "spirit" activity, or someone is in there. But we dont want to disturb anyone going about their "business," if someone is just using the loo . After some deliberation we knock on the toilet door with that old cliche "is anybody there" :roflhard: . After no answer we find we can open the door and inspect the empty toilet. Think that was the best physical manifestation that night, I personally witnessed.

Then I went into one of the rooms I sensed a presence. And sat and communed with what I percieve to be 3 spirits. Without going into too much detail. I told the recorder was with me most of the evening (dunno why), what I was getting. Unbeknown to me she had written a account of a chap who had been there previously. I told her the name and age (aged by appearence only) of one of the entities, a lttle girl. She then told me that was identical to what she had recorded before.

There was a demonstration of "morphing" by the Medium present. All I can say on this is "wot a load of :censored: ". And a Ouija board demo. I decided to take the reins of this and put aside my fears. But it was totally "dead" to me, I got nothing at all. Spose I cant win em all :lol_witch:

It was, all in all an interesting time and I have been asked to meet up with a couple of the ladies to chat about "The Craft". One of these ladies is an ex Wiccan. She showed me a pic of her alter. "very nice" I say, "real pretty." :roflhard:

In conclusion, it was time well spent, my confidence has soared when dealing with that side of things. An I apply it in my crafting by using spirits/entities/guides a lot more.:wickedwitch: :vhappywitch:

#35 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

In conclusion, it was time well spent, my confidence has soared when dealing with that side of things. An I apply it in my crafting by using spirits/entities/guides a lot more.:wickedwitch: :vhappywitch:

Firebird,

It is interesting to me that you should bump this thread. I almost did so yesterday, because (believe it or not) I actually thought of you when driving in the car. Considering that we have had somewhat minimal direct interaction, you and me, I thought it rather strange to say the least. Maybe, it is because the spirit activity in my house has increased dramatically recently. Like yesterday, all of the cabinet doors were open when I woke up and before that the freezer was left open. Anyway, thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy or at least that my precognitive gift is still working.

Best Wishes,
Jevne

#36 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

Firebird,

It is interesting to me that you should bump this thread. I almost did so yesterday, because (believe it or not) I actually thought of you when driving in the car. Considering that we have had somewhat minimal direct interaction, you and me, I thought it rather strange to say the least. Maybe, it is because the spirit activity in my house has increased dramatically recently. Like yesterday, all of the cabinet doors were open when I woke up and before that the freezer was left open. Anyway, thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy or at least that my precognitive gift is still working.

Best Wishes,
Jevne

Wow your gift is right on Target. My spiritulist friends would say that your attention is being sought. And I not an expert would say the same.
Hope peace reigns in your house and the activity ceases to be a nuisance.:wickedwitch:

#37 Scarlet

Scarlet

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

This sounds like an amazing journey! I hope you will keep us posted!
Scarlet

#38 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

My wife and I have both had experience with Spirits/Ghosts, hauntings...call it as you will.

I recently took a photograph of my wife's mother in the personal care home, and there was an orb in both the picture and the negative, but the pictures before and after this one (taken consecutively one after the other within a minute or so of each other) do not have it.

Our previous house had a lot of paranormal activity. The owner had died in the house. The people who took it over before us, only lasted a few months before putting it on the market. Within two weeks of us buying it, we experienced a lot of auditory phenomena, and my wife experienced being touched on the head.

My parent's house was terribly haunted. When we tore the veranda down when I was about 4 or 5, there were the hides and skeletons of two black casts laid side by side with their heads pointed towards the inner door of the house (in various parts of England, cats have been found in walls. It is surmised they were place there to protect and guard the house).I had a room in the basement which had a glass door with a opaque curtain on it. It was at night and the light was on in the room, but not in the basement. I had to go to the washroom (upstairs) so I left the room, closed the door (to keep the heat in). When I came back down stairs and crossing the basement floor I could see the light shining from the room window, but when I was half way from the door, I was enveloped in a black cloud and could not see anything. After a few paces, I was out of it and could see the light from the door. There were so many things going on in this house, rustling skirts (like Victorian era...house was built in that era), black gloved woman's hand by my face when I woke up, pictures coming down. Door knobs turning and the door opening (shut it and within 30 seconds it did it again).

My wife was pushed down the stairs by something unseen at her house, and she had something lay in the bed beside her (boy did she jump out fast)....so much for spirits not being able to hurt you!

There are a number of other spirit/haunting experiences we have had.

#39 Scarlet

Scarlet

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

My wife and I have both had experience with Spirits/Ghosts, hauntings...call it as you will.

I recently took a photograph of my wife's mother in the personal care home, and there was an orb in both the picture and the negative, but the pictures before and after this one (taken consecutively one after the other within a minute or so of each other) do not have it.

Our previous house had a lot of paranormal activity. The owner had died in the house. The people who took it over before us, only lasted a few months before putting it on the market. Within two weeks of us buying it, we experienced a lot of auditory phenomena, and my wife experienced being touched on the head.

My parent's house was terribly haunted. When we tore the veranda down when I was about 4 or 5, there were the hides and skeletons of two black casts laid side by side with their heads pointed towards the inner door of the house (in various parts of England, cats have been found in walls. It is surmised they were place there to protect and guard the house).I had a room in the basement which had a glass door with a opaque curtain on it. It was at night and the light was on in the room, but not in the basement. I had to go to the washroom (upstairs) so I left the room, closed the door (to keep the heat in). When I came back down stairs and crossing the basement floor I could see the light shining from the room window, but when I was half way from the door, I was enveloped in a black cloud and could not see anything. After a few paces, I was out of it and could see the light from the door. There were so many things going on in this house, rustling skirts (like Victorian era...house was built in that era), black gloved woman's hand by my face when I woke up, pictures coming down. Door knobs turning and the door opening (shut it and within 30 seconds it did it again).

My wife was pushed down the stairs by something unseen at her house, and she had something lay in the bed beside her (boy did she jump out fast)....so much for spirits not being able to hurt you!

There are a number of other spirit/haunting experiences we have had.

This is all very interesting stuff! I remember as a child I was more in tune with the spirit world. I remember one particular spirit that would come around. My brother and I could both see her from time to time. She never communicated to us, she would just reveal herself to us from time to time. She was an old woman sometimes hovering about 2 feet off the ground "standing" near an empty bed or she was rocking in an old rocking chair - again hovering about 2-3 feet off the ground. She would only appear for a few seconds, long enough for us to see her, and then she would fade away.

Scarlet

#40 8people

8people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Were the hauntings stronger/more frequent after removing the cats?

Not that I'm considering shoving a cat in the wall or anything, just curious.