Photo
- - - - -

"Spirit"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

I've not been so active recently as amongst other things have been delving into finding out more about the spirit realms.
I've been privileged to witness countless occasions where spirit has mainfested itself in my presence. And although up to now my reactions have been mostly ones of accepting this sort of thing goes on (there have been occasions where there were very negative and nasty stuff).

I decided to explore this. I was welcomed by a local society to accompanying them on there investigations. There have been some very interesting pictures captured, as they're not mine I cant show you but can post a link to the "Paranormal Society" which has open pages (least thats what I think you call them) on Facebook where the public can browse through. Hope this is OK Mods :crossfingers: http://www.facebook....608025&v=photos As you will see some very interesting stuff.

I seem to have some mediumship skills, and in one place this was very apparent as a definate presence latched on (in a nice way) an I was able to communicate and feel ehe entity. I think I need to persue this a little further as I have seen too much to discount spititual presense. But I need to know a lot more. I have also met a lot of mediums and psychic's some of which are, let me try an find an adequate description , erm crap lol. But also I have had some amazing disclosures and believe me its very hard to get any lead about my personal life or past.

As for my crafting, I carry on pretty much as I ever did. But feel links to the craft that I need to understand better.

What do you think????????????????????????????

#2 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

I think that's rather kewl, Firebird. Would or could you post the pictures here, when time allows, as some of us do not use Facebook ? Thank you !

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#3 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

CG, she can't simply copy & paste pics here, unless she gets permission from the group administrators and whoever took those photos. And apparently, they don't have an external website, otherwise I would have pointed you in that direction. All that's listed there is an email addy.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#4 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

I could ask Ron, the photographer if he would give me permission to post or send you some.:crossfingers: Obviously cant speak for him. But will let you know.:vhappywitch:

#5 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

CG, she can't simply copy & paste pics here, unless she gets permission from the group administrators and whoever took those photos. And apparently, they don't have an external website, otherwise I would have pointed you in that direction. All that's listed there is an email addy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me M.Witch, I totally forgot about such technicalities. Not being a Facebook person, I just thought it was something easier to post here. See, I'm learning something new every day. Thanks again.:whistling:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

#6 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

That's really awesome that you got to investigate..im jealous. :wink:

Those pictures are impressive. But....either I'm mistaken or some of those spirits in the photos have shadows, especially the ones toward the end. Now, to my knowlege spirits don't cast heavy shadows. I would have someone go over the pics and find out what that shadow business is about. I will give him credit though because fake or real they look like things I have seen. The one of the person sitting on the bed in dead on, no pun intended, lol. Also the one of the misty black thing behind the one chick's back. I've seen something really similar. And the "short" spirit that looks like a childs form, seen one like that as well. Creepy.

#7 The Old Crone

The Old Crone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

I love ghosty things. But if you do look at the black shadow - the set towards the end- it looks almost as if each ghost/spirit/etc. are basically the same but in different settings. Leading me to believe...someone other than a ghosty was being mischievous. :vhappywitch:

#8 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Firebird,

From personal experience, going on "Ghost Hunting" expeditions, other's recollections and a plethora of charlatans over the years I am firmly convinced that spirit interactions are for the worthy recipient ONLY. I commune with anima loci and have been visited by individuals who had passed on, I accept them for what they are. Photos mean nothing to me because spirits cannot be captured on film, tape recorders or fancy new video gadgets. My experiences are true to me, they are many and varied and in several locations in several countries, I treasure what I have witnessed just as I am happy for those that have been blessed with theirs. Ghost Hunting is a current fad and self-deluding or just Hollywood.

May your spirits be with you.

FFFF

Elf

#9 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Firebird,

From personal experience, going on "Ghost Hunting" expeditions, other's recollections and a plethora of charlatans over the years I am firmly convinced that spirit interactions are for the worthy recipient ONLY. I commune with anima loci and have been visited by individuals who had passed on, I accept them for what they are. Photos mean nothing to me because spirits cannot be captured on film, tape recorders or fancy new video gadgets. My experiences are true to me, they are many and varied and in several locations in several countries, I treasure what I have witnessed just as I am happy for those that have been blessed with theirs. Ghost Hunting is a current fad and self-deluding or just Hollywood.

May your spirits be with you.

FFFF

Elf

I disagree. I have had my own experiences and sure some things will not allow themselves to be documented but from watching these shows and going on hunts, some of the things they capture make my hair stand on end....it is that similar to what I've experienced. I agree that a good majority of it is "hollywooded up" but there are somethings that show up on these shows that I believe to be genuine. Some things you just can't fake...

#10 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

I disagree. I have had my own experiences and sure some things will not allow themselves to be documented but from watching these shows and going on hunts, some of the things they capture make my hair stand on end....it is that similar to what I've experienced. I agree that a good majority of it is "hollywooded up" but there are somethings that show up on these shows that I believe to be genuine. Some things you just can't fake...

I'm inclined to agree with Whiterose.
I have personally captured a reflection of "someone" not in a room with me when I took the pic. And I also agree that there are those out there willing to make a "buck /Pound" out of anything and anyone gullible enough to fall for their shennanigans sp (how do you spell that?)..
I have the problem with the investigations that there is not the correct amount of respect shown to the spirit world. And that there are definately some people just there for entertainment. I am there to explore and understand and hope that I am inoffensive in this.
My next project should be to a place called "The Cage". The witches prison where Matthew Hopkins interrogated and executed his victims. I am not there to listen to the mediums or look at any photos that may be taken. I will be there to feel and see and hopefully I may be privy to some communication.
:wickedwitch:

#11 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

I have the problem with the investigations that there is not the correct amount of respect shown to the spirit world.

I very much agree with you here, Firebird. I've seen some abysmal behaviour towards spirits.

I'd hazard a guess that the atmosphere in the Matthew Hopkins place you mentioned would be pretty overwhelming in an unpleasant way to any sensitive person - more so for a witch.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude

#12 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

[quote name='firebird' timestamp='1303140822' post='97088']
I'm inclined to agree with Whiterose.
I have personally captured a reflection of "someone" not in a room with me when I took the pic. And I also agree that there are those out there willing to make a "buck /Pound" out of anything and anyone gullible enough to fall for their shennanigans sp (how do you spell that?)..
I have the problem with the investigations that there is not the correct amount of respect shown to the spirit world. And that there are definately some people just there for entertainment. I am there to explore and understand and hope that I am inoffensive in this.
My next project should be to a place called "The Cage". The witches prison where Matthew Hopkins interrogated and executed his victims. I am not there to listen to the mediums or look at any photos that may be taken. I will be there to feel and see and hopefully I may be privy to some communication.
[/quote] I agree with my Peers here in regards to the lack of respect to the world of other other realms, especially human spirits who have passed and are now trying to communicate with the living. For whatever reasons. Why is it so easy to accept that when a Witch, can call a Fetch to assist her/him, or work with an Ancestor in assistance to that Witch's path, but capturing an essence in film or on a recorder so not accepted ? I strongly disagree with the one's who make this a mockery by making the almighty dollar the initiator of this spirtual experiance. What, if I don't pay extra, I'm not going to have the full experiance ? Bull shit on that. I personally don't have the gift of being for the lack of a better word medium, but I'll won't be arrogant to refer to that as non-existant. Firebird, you will have the experiance you seek, your heart is in the right place, and you are intelligent enough to know how much caution and protection you must have when venturing into a place like the Cage. I've been there, to the Cage, and I didn't have any espisodes of a visual experiance, nor did I have physical experiances on hearing anything, I just experianced incredible sadness, grief, and despair in my psyche that was like a unleashed flood.

[quote name='Absinthe' timestamp='1303145855' post='97089']
I very much agree with you here, Firebird. I've seen some abysmal behaviour towards spirits.

I'd hazard a guess that the atmosphere in the Matthew Hopkins place you mentioned would be pretty overwhelming in an unpleasant way to any sensitive person - more so for a witch. Exactly ! Thumbs up on that... I'm inclined to to validate this guess Absinthe, as the Witch is more sensitive to that other realm, as the Witch has accepted and embraced the truth of what he/she is.. and is definately NOT an... " Ordinary Person ".

Regards,
Gypsy

#13 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

I'm another who believes/knows otherwise about the capturing on gadgets. I have personally had someone capture on a recording device what I mentally heard while going on an investigation. Also have had people capture similar shapes to the actual individuals I'm seeing. Electronic equipment now days is very sensitive, as we strive for better quality. We capture things now days that before only sensitives and animals would normally pick up on.

#14 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

I cannot speak for the evidence or intentions of others, but I distinctly recall recording ghostly voices on a tape recorder I kept in my room when I was young (12-13 years old). We lived in that terrible house, that I may have mentioned before, and being very sensitive to spirit activity, I was scared shitless nearly every day of the 6 or so years that we lived there. It was a time when my mother had separated my brother, sister and me from our family, because they all hated her boyfriend (another story). I was traumatized by the whole thing, and didn't even have my family to help me. I kept my brother and sister in my room with me at night, because the spirit activity was so negative. I have spirit activity around me all the time. For example, a shadow of sorts just passed to my left. Don't know who, just there and gone. Anyway, I recorded the voices, so my mom would bring grandma over to help. I don't know what happened to the tape. Someone in the family took it, and we moved not long after that. Thank goodness for that.

Jevne

#15 Dream Walker

Dream Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

I have never recorded anything on a device but when I was much younger I had a few chilling experiences. Once my Dad and sister had gone out for the day leaving only my Mom and myself at home. I had just finished watching a movie and called out "Hey Mom, where are you?" though I can't remember what I wanted her for. I heard in reply "I'm upstairs" so I went to the top of the staircase. "Where up stairs are you?" I hear in reply "Oh sorry, I'm over here." So I went to the end of the hallway where the answer came from checked all the rooms at that end of the hallway. Nobody was there. I asked "Where are you?" and heard the reply "I'm in my room." So off I went to the exact other end of the hallway and stood in the doorway to the room, looked around saw nobody, and timidly asked "where in your room?" the answer "what do you mean? I'm right in front of you." Terror like have never felt and probably never will again filled me. It was a wonder I didn't break my neck running down the stairs at the pace I did! I ran outside and saw my mother in our garden which is roughly 200 ft from our home.
"Time is a moving image of eternity" - a mechanical copy of a more profound reality.
- Plato/ Tobias Churton

#16 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Just thought I would say I got it a little wrong about "The cage" apparently it predates Mathew Hopkins. Heres a link containing some history. Also some interesting pics :wickedwitch: http://hauntedwitchprison.com/

And back to the discussion on technology picking up Spirit. I went to an exploration of an old building and there was a talk on "spirit photography". Apparently todays modern digital cameras and pre 1930s (I think this is right) picked up images likened to Spirit. But there was a time in between these dates when the cameras of the day were not getting anything.

On a personal note there has been plenty of encounters with entities/spirit, some being extremely unpleasent. And even though I'm a witch and meant to be completly unphased by such occurances, some have left me extremely unnerved. I think this I why I need to explore this more.......I hate being uncomfortable with things. Dont get me wrong, some encounters are fine and pleasent. But I need to understand the more difficult and darker ones. And although I maintain a level of control. I think in order to be more dominant I need to expose myself to these things in order to obtain greater understanding.

On some of these investigations the feeling of overwelming sadness of some of the Spirits is apparent.. Now this is what bugs me. Why dosn't someone who is a medium or can communicate freely, try and send them to a more comfortable plane of existence....Just a thought.

Edited by firebird, 19 April 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#17 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

On some of these investigations the feeling of overwelming sadness of some of the Spirits is apparent.. Now this is what bugs me. Why dosn't someone who is a medium or can communicate freely, try and send them to a more comfortable plane of existence....Just a thought.

Because often they won't let you. It's a mixture of wallowing in their own misery and rejection of anything other than what the except and know. So if they won't let go of what's causing their misery, won't except their death or refuse to leave the plan, it makes it very difficult to help them. You don't really want to do anything against their will, as I've been told this can cause them to morph into some pretty nasty entities.

#18 firebird

firebird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

Because often they won't let you. It's a mixture of wallowing in their own misery and rejection of anything other than what the except and know. So if they won't let go of what's causing their misery, won't except their death or refuse to leave the plan, it makes it very difficult to help them. You don't really want to do anything against their will, as I've been told this can cause them to morph into some pretty nasty entities.

Just a thought, as you seem on the ball with this....and have obviously delved into this subject yourself... And indeed anyone who has thoughts on this.
What do you think on Ouji boards and that form of communication?......Something about it dosn't sit right with me. Really don't know why, just a bad feeling I get about it. So bad I cannot touch one.
I however can experience communication between myself and spirit by recieving pictures, and experiencing empathy with the feelings of the spirit. I have heard speech but this is really rare. I usually get pictures, its a bit difficult to describe because they are not pictures as such more like a snapshot of a memory. A memory that isn't mine. Problem I have with this is interpreting what this picture means, as I said its like a snapshot. The best way I find, is to describe it, that's if I wish to pass on the communication with someone else. I think I should also say this is not something that happens all the time. Mostly I close off to it, as I tend to generally feel that unless there is a reason to communicate, I dont need to. Also I have to be in a particular frame of mind, which I am learning to access at will now.
Last time I was out on an investigation I took two of my daughters..seems we all are sensitive and see and feel the same things. In fact our ability between us was so strong it was amazing. So perhaps like a lot of witches I know spirit sensitivity also runs in families.

#19 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Just a thought, as you seem on the ball with this....and have obviously delved into this subject yourself... And indeed anyone who has thoughts on this.
What do you think on Ouji boards and that form of communication?

I was actually taught as a child to deal with all types of entities, as it's apart of my family's practice and heritage, so I know a lot about this types of things from both experience and teachings.

As for ouija boards, I have one but it's more for looks. I don't have the need to use one, as I can communicate freely with spirits. I think with your experience it was either the board, as somethings just become vessels for bad energy or whatever was trying to make contact. If you've never used one and it's just the thought of it, I say try it just to see what happens for you, sometimes these things are learned fears. I personally don't see it any different than any other form of spirit communication.

#20 Guest_MissTree_*

Guest_MissTree_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:02 AM

What do you think on Ouji boards and that form of communication?......Something about it dosn't sit right with me. Really don't know why, just a bad feeling I get about it. So bad I cannot touch one.

Personally, I don't see Ouija boards as a reliable form of communication. To me, it seems similar to opening up your front door & setting out a welcome mat. Who knows who or what will wander in.

(edited to add: just my thoughts on it. :-)

Edited by MissTree, 21 April 2011 - 04:09 AM.