Need Advice

Guest autumncrow

Guest autumncrow

Okay I would like some advice, suggestions anything would be helpful.

I have this friend who has a house with an entity in it. My friend didn't invite the entity into the house, he was already there when he moved in. This house belongs to the town undertaker, it has always been for the town undertaker. The man who lives there now is in his late 40-50s and is Christian. Although he doesn't go around spouting christ this or christ that.

We have discovered that there is a portal in the house. And we know that other entities have been using it. This one main entity is dragging others through this portal so to speak. These entities aren't the friendly cozy up with type. We have no idea how or who opened the portal. My question is, How do we close it?

Using a Christian method to close this portal isn't an option. The entity who has resided in this house for centuries was happy until the new owner had family members come in doing their bible thumping, blessing, holy water thing. After that it has grown worse.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to help him? Thank you. I didn't know where else to put this topic up.

Okay I would like some advice, suggestions anything would be helpful.

I have this friend who has a house with an entity in it. My friend didn't invite the entity into the house, he was already there when he moved in. This house belongs to the town undertaker, it has always been for the town undertaker. The man who lives there now is in his late 40-50s and is Christian. Although he doesn't go around spouting christ this or christ that.

We have discovered that there is a portal in the house. And we know that other entities have been using it. This one main entity is dragging others through this portal so to speak. These entities aren't the friendly cozy up with type. We have no idea how or who opened the portal. My question is, How do we close it?

Using a Christian method to close this portal isn't an option. The entity who has resided in this house for centuries was happy until the new owner had family members come in doing their bible thumping, blessing, holy water thing. After that it has grown worse.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to help him? Thank you. I didn't know where else to put this topic up.

Hey - How involved in your craft are you? You say (on your profile) that your best asset is your intuition; so find the portal and remove it - but you have to find it first. You joined here in September (7 months ago) and have posted 15 posts - one asking for help regarding a dream, this one asking for help, and the rest on intros and the etc. You would probably get more replies if we knew you better, lol (not meant in a mean way, just pointing out a fact). But that being said - portals suck. You have to find out where it is; if it is an object, remove it. If it is the entity you would have to call it up and banish it (others may disagree with that, but in my book if the thing is living in your house - not just coming and going - you have to call up what you would banish). If the portal is an object then removing it and destroying it then cleaning ( and I mean cleaning - as in throughly) and protecting the area has worked in the past for me. If it is both the entity and a portal you would have to do both if the entity is living there (rather than using the portal itself)- if it is just the portal then finding the portal would be the first job, and there may be more than one, so check the house carefully.

M

I dont know you or the situation and Im taking a shot in the dark here, but I would make sure that someone in the house is not doing something to unknowingly sustain this "portal". For example any craft done in the house has to be properly completed before moving on to other things. Also, scary movies. There was a thread on here about scary/ paranormal movies and shows opening portals in to one's house. I think this is likely as I have experienced this recently and have had to clean house so to speak. It would seem that the fear creates the right atomosphere for entities just like ants to a picnic. Another thing could be that the man in the house is drawing this. Some people just attract more paranormal shit than others. There are a myriad of possibilities of why you have an entity and about as many ways to deal with it. I second the notion of using your intuition to feel out a way to deal with it. How else are you going to grow? If it doesn't work, try something else. That is how I do it. If you have been doing this a few years you should know how to protect yourself so that you can experiment with the "art" of the craft. Give it a shot. You might be suprised with what you come up with.

Guest autumncrow

First off, as I stated this isn't my house or I would have already done something about it. This owner didn't invite, attract it in nor is he in the craft. He is a Christian flat out. I have never had to deal with a portal before or help a friend deal with one hence the reason why I tried to seek out more advanced witches on the topic. I have always believed there is always someone who knows more than you do and there is nothing wrong in asking for help or advice when you feel ineffective on how to to go about things yourself.

I thank you for your suggestions.

I've never had to deal with negative spirits so I can't really offer advice except maybe meditating on it for a while, and if that goes well you could go right into banishing, or maybe even binding while you're still under.

Best of luck to you

First off, as I stated this isn't my house or I would have already done something about it. This owner didn't invite, attract it in nor is he in the craft. He is a Christian flat out. I have never had to deal with a portal before or help a friend deal with one hence the reason why I tried to seek out more advanced witches on the topic. I have always believed there is always someone who knows more than you do and there is nothing wrong in asking for help or advice when you feel ineffective on how to to go about things yourself.

Can you not carry out the same process in his house as you would in your own? Are you looking for suggestions of things you can do surreptitiously?

You sound like your being pissy here.

I don't think so, and if she? was it would hardly be surprising as she has asked an honest request for help ( it seems to me at least) and no one has actually answered with HOW to help with her problem.

She's pointed out that she feels she doesn't have quite the right amount of experience or knowledge to deal with this problem so she's come here to ask people who are far more likely to know.

All she seems to have been told is that she needs to find the portal ( though the fact they know it's there would suggest that it's location is somewhat known ) . That's fine and she does, but that's not what she asked. She seems to want to know HOW to close it or remove the presence, as she clearly feels she doesn't know the best way to go about it.

If she thought she knew of an effective way to do this I doubt she'd have come on to ask in the first place.

It may not be the job of anyone here to teach , but she isn't asking for someone to sit down and pour out a lifetimes worth of supposedly unique precious family secrets that have been passed down for 900 years. She simply appars to want some workable suggestions from people with experience in the matter, that she can put into practice to remove the problem.

I don't think that's such a massive imposition, and if this visitor does turn out to be very nasty, more harm could be done to herself and others in the house by inexperienced attempts than even by leaving the thing alone.

Autumncrow

I have no experience myself in removing presences or closing portals, I have never experienced either. But if it turns out you are not able to remove the portal, it may be easier for your friend to try and move out of the house.

You didn't say wether the christian man living there was all that bothered by the presence? It may prove to be futile but still worth a try, to perhaps explain to the christian man that any strange happenings in the house, have very obviously worsened since all the holy water blessings and so on were performed. A possibility could be to suggest that perhaps if he conducted a trial and ceased to have such things performed in the house for a few months, the occurrances might ease up.

Of course if he is some variety of rabid evangelist, who will continue to use christianity on something that is obviously not affected by bellowing about Jesus, all of those suggestions would probably fall on deaf ears but at the very least you can't say he wasn't warned.

First off, as I stated this isn't my house or I would have already done something about it. [...]

This phrase makes me think that you do know how to deal with it somewhat? Am I right or wrong in assuming this? Are you looking for a certain kind of advice... like how to do this quietly, or without your friend knowing? As Honeythorn asked, is the visitor bothering your friend? Is this friend cooperative and open to your help and skill?

I think there are several people here who do want to help, but are simply looking for more information from your end to give better advice and feedback.

How are things going so far with this?

She states it isn't her house and if it was she would have already done something about it, which implies she knows how to do it. In which case if her friend wants the help then let her go in and do what she would in her own home. If it is being done behind the friend's back, then that's another story and one I wouldn't get involved in. Find the portal and remove it (put it outside of the house in the dustbin. Remove it.If it's burnable and you have the resources, then burn it, but chucking it out works too.) Then clean the house really well with whatever herbs you work with. One can't in a simple post say how to develope a relationship with whatever herbs and/or ways she deals with. Yes, she's not asking for 900 year old family secrets, but bottom line is if one wants a ritual to close a portal and expel a neg I can write one and post it, but it will work for jack shit if the person can't make the connection, and that ability can't be put in a simple post. Hence, the question how involved in the craft is she? Can she sense things enough to find the actual portal? Does she know for sure it's a portal and not neg activity or the neg itself? Is there more than one? And to my mind if she doesn't feel she can control it then fucking with it may well get her and/or the friend in even more trouble.

M

Guest autumncrow

She states it isn't her house and if it was she would have already done something about it, which implies she knows how to do it. In which case if her friend wants the help then let her go in and do what she would in her own home. If it is being done behind the friend's back, then that's another story and one I wouldn't get involved in. Find the portal and remove it (put it outside of the house in the dustbin. Remove it.If it's burnable and you have the resources, then burn it, but chucking it out works too.) Then clean the house really well with whatever herbs you work with. One can't in a simple post say how to develope a relationship with whatever herbs and/or ways she deals with. Yes, she's not asking for 900 year old family secrets, but bottom line is if one wants a ritual to close a portal and expel a neg I can write one and post it, but it will work for jack shit if the person can't make the connection, and that ability can't be put in a simple post. Hence, the question how involved in the craft is she? Can she sense things enough to find the actual portal? Does she know for sure it's a portal and not neg activity or the neg itself? Is there more than one? And to my mind if she doesn't feel she can control it then fucking with it may well get her and/or the friend in even more trouble.

M

Michele

I don't have to justify myself to you. No, I don't want a spell from you or anyone else on this forum all I was asking for was an older witches advice which obviously that isn't something that can be had here and obviously from attitudes like yours I am wasting my time even trying to be a member here and take part so ones can get to know me as you say because I won't say how long I've been active in my craft. No, this isn't something I would do behind his back. That is why I warned him what was happening in his home to begin with and I came here seeking some advice so I could help him. But obviously ones like you know everything so why bother asking for someone's advice. And for your information this portal isn't inside or coming from an object like a mirror so can't be tossed out in the trash on the dustbin. No, the portal is seperate from the entity itself. But don't worry I will figure out some other way to help my friend out of his situation regardless of this forum and some people on it.

Autumn

I'm sorry you feel that way, as older and wiser witches' advice abounds here if you are respectful and patient and willing to help yourself. I understand that this situation is frustrating, but Michele gave you plenty of help considering the amount of background information you provided.

Guest MissTree

This phrase makes me think that you do know how to deal with it somewhat? Am I right or wrong in assuming this? Are you looking for a certain kind of advice... like how to do this quietly, or without your friend knowing? As Honeythorn asked, is the visitor bothering your friend? Is this friend cooperative and open to your help and skill?

I think there are several people here who do want to help, but are simply looking for more information from your end to give better advice and feedback.

How are things going so far with this?

(bolded emphasis mine)

This. Completely agree.

Michele

I don't have to justify myself to you. No, I don't want a spell from you or anyone else on this forum all I was asking for was an older witches advice which obviously that isn't something that can be had here and obviously from attitudes like yours I am wasting my time even trying to be a member here and take part so ones can get to know me as you say because I won't say how long I've been active in my craft. No, this isn't something I would do behind his back. That is why I warned him what was happening in his home to begin with and I came here seeking some advice so I could help him. But obviously ones like you know everything so why bother asking for someone's advice. And for your information this portal isn't inside or coming from an object like a mirror so can't be tossed out in the trash on the dustbin. No, the portal is seperate from the entity itself. But don't worry I will figure out some other way to help my friend out of his situation regardless of this forum and some people on it.

Autumn

Bit of an over reaction I think Autumn! If you ask for help, you must realise that people will need some details in order to respond.

Michele

Autumn

I think you should wind your neck in and not be so rude.

You sound like your being pissy here.

It doesn't sound 'pissy at all.

She is merely clarifying the situation so that we are have a clearer picture, (a suggestion was made regarding craft practice in the house) she then showed humility that she doesn't know it all, and added thanks at the end.

Bit of an over reaction I think Autumn! If you ask for help, you must realise that people will need some details in order to respond.

Possibly, but the first few lines of the 1st response she received was a bit of a rebuke from Michelle, which she took, and then a few posts later a imo rather snide dig from Dawn.. So I guess that could be taken into account, for Her last post.

Autumncrow.

Firstly I think Michelle and Honeythorn have given some good advice, however I do think you need to be a little more precise, before we make persumptions. So a few questions:

Is it you who intends to close down the portal?

Does your friend want all the entities kicked out?

You say the entity has been resident for centuries and has been happy, could you share some history? as to how you know this?

When you say the entity has been happy, do you mean, just not kicking off in other words peaceful?

How do you or your friend know that the entity has been dragging other entities through?

If the current resident is a Christian then perhaps that is a option that shouldn't be overlooked, as even if a portal or entity is removed by non Christian means, there will still be a nagging doubt in your friends Christian psyche that He doesn't have authority over his own house with the power of His own faith and those doubts or fears could create a portal in itself, for things to slip back in.

Also remember that there is a world of difference between radical, fundamental, bible thumping Christians and more respectful, live and let live Christians, who don't think that a spirit or entity= evil,bad but have a more balanced outlook. If shit has started to happen since this group were there, then the entity may be pissed off with the bible thumping in its/his/her house... not Christianity per se. As this has also been been occupied by undertakers for centuries then it is likely that the Undertakers were practicing Christians too, or at the least in part.

And remember, respect is the key, the entity has been there longer and some negotiation may be needed.

Oak

I also think that we need more information before "perscribing" the correct treatment and that is why I responded as I did. I suggested an inspired approach that you come up with because you have the information and you know how the situation is unique. The craft is very subjective and for others to come up with the solution may not always be best. That said, I have dealt with a similar, but different situation in my home.

I had a portal in my home but I do practise the craft, and I do watch scary movies and shows and inadvertantly sustained it. I did a cleansing ritual which I made up on the fly. I burnt mugwort and basically said get the fuck out in every room and closet, sprinked empowered salt water where I thought the portal was and tied an onyx stone about waist high where I thought the portal was. I laid salt at all the windows and doors and buffed up my protection wards. I made two new ones for the area of the portal and the area where I sleep. Then, I banned scary movies and craft for a couple days afterward. I came up with this by thinking about how I get rid of other pests. If it was fleas, I would bomb the place (mugwort), I would lay flea carpet powder (salt), I would lay that powder where they come in (entrance salt), I would put a flea collar on my animals (wards) and I would banned my cats from going outside and bringing them back in (paranormal shows). This may work for you or it may not. I may be able to help some more with some more information because more info may mean you have to use another anology to come up with a solution. I do hope this helps though and I hope I didn't come off as elitist in my previous post because it wasn't intended that way.

Hey guys - this is me, and only me and my own personal pet peeve thingie which most or many may not share, lol. I don't know AC and I'm not in a place to judge her.

When I see posts asking for help or advice from people whose names are not ringing a bell I often look at their profile and see what other types of posts they have made so I can get a better feeling for them. I don't read all threads on here so there's always a good chance the poster and I just have different interests and haven't run into each other before. But I have a personal pet peeve about people who join forums and don't contribute often or only contribute in chit-chat ways, and then ask for help solving problems - not help in a way like they're trying to learn something or grow, but help as in tell me how to do something then I'll go back to not talking to you guys. This is just my opinion and therefore my personal problem, lol, and not a problem of the forum. It's kinda like (to me) if I only called my mother when I needed money, or I only called a friend when I needed a favor or a ride or something. To me, presonally, it just feels like no effort has been made to develop a relationship with the members, yet favors are being asked. When I first came on here I had a problem come up and several people on here gave me some excellent advice, but I was also very active on the forum and people knew me. I just felt like someone who'd not bothered to develop a relationship with the forum and its members suddenly wanted and expected something from the forum, even though they had made no specific effort to get to know us or let us get to know them. But again, this is just a personal pet peeve of mine on forums, and is not a reflection of the opinions of others on this forum. I'm usually pretty easy-going, but I suppose this is just my personal peeve, so I pointed out to her that in 7 months she had only ever posted chit-chat or asked for help - 15 posts in 7 months. That's two posts a month. That is not someone who has an interest in the members of the forum. She may have an interest in the craft, but there is no relationship between me and her, so I was peeved at being used (again assumption only on my part) rather than any personal interest in the forum itself. But that was only my interpretation of it. I'm sure she is a wonderful person; I just don't know her and felt like she didn't really give a shit about the forum or the memnbers, just wanted something from them. There are other people on here who don't post often, but I see them "online" here a lot, so they obviously have an interest and probably just don't feel confident or comfortabel enough to post yet, but I hadn't seen her on, so I figured that wasn't the case with her.

M

The trouble is, if someone ( not nessecarily the op but anyone ) is new to the craft and has absolutely NO clue as to what the hell anyone is talking about in the various threads, and had no experience of the subject at hand, they're going to find it difficult to participate in threads other than chitchat, since by sheer lack of knowledge and experience they aren't going to have anything to contribute in the first place.

By asking for help and recieving it ( by help I mean basic outlines or ideas not the exact thing you specifically do ) , they will gain more insight into how to practice, and thus will feel more encouraged to further their knowledge and experience.

Here's a truthful analogy.

I'm on a fish forum and have been keeping basic tropical fish for 20 years. Subsequently newbies ask all manner of insanely basic questions that they should technically know. But no one looks at how much they've posted in what section, and decides not to help much based on that.

We answer their question and they go away to put their new information into practice on their tanks. They more than likely add their own little twist as to how they run said tank. No two fishkeepers have the same setup even if they own the same species in the same sized tank.

If someone clearly doesn't know something and has a genuine request for help, NOT helping them or giving vauge answers is severely counterproductive, hinders the flow of knowledge and for the one with the problem, only makes matters worse as they feel horribly discouraged and even more helpless. It's not that surprising for someone in such a position to feel bitter or "pissy" .

It's not a teaching site ( no site is ) but with that in mind you can hardly expecet people to be able to contribute, without the knowledge or experience of what's being discussed.

It's not a teaching site ( no site is ) but with that in mind you can hardly expecet people to be able to contribute, without the knowledge or experience of what's being discussed.

I was under the impression from the signup process that its somewhat of a 'requirement' for members to have a certain amount of knowledge and experience when they join here, simply because this isn't a teaching site? *shrug*

I could see this going off the track quite early on. I think alot of it is it's hard to get expression through with text, so you can't really tell what tone people are using like you would if you were talking face to face. I guess I'm just trying to help things a little by just pointing out maybe it's not what people are saying, it may be your interpretation of what they're writing. Anyhoo, completely off the track of the original post, sorry, just wanted to get that in :)

I was under the impression from the signup process that its somewhat of a 'requirement' for members to have a certain amount of knowledge and experience when they join here, simply because this isn't a teaching site? *shrug*

If that's the case then I would quite like to know why I was allowed to join? Because I know pretty much NOTHING ( and I did say I had little to no experience in the applicaion )

So unless the rules have been tightened since I joined...

If that's the case then I would quite like to know why I was allowed to join? Because I know pretty much NOTHING ( and I did say I had little to no experience in the applicaion )

I dunno Honeythorn, I could be wrong. That was just my impression based on some of the writings on the home page, and the signup process.

The trouble is, if someone ( not nessecarily the op but anyone ) is new to the craft and has absolutely NO clue as to what the hell anyone is talking about in the various threads, and had no experience of the subject at hand, they're going to find it difficult to participate in threads other than chitchat, since by sheer lack of knowledge and experience they aren't going to have anything to contribute in the first place.

By asking for help and recieving it ( by help I mean basic outlines or ideas not the exact thing you specifically do ) , they will gain more insight into how to practice, and thus will feel more encouraged to further their knowledge and experience.

Here's a truthful analogy.

I'm on a fish forum and have been keeping basic tropical fish for 20 years. Subsequently newbies ask all manner of insanely basic questions that they should technically know. But no one looks at how much they've posted in what section, and decides not to help much based on that.

We answer their question and they go away to put their new information into practice on their tanks. They more than likely add their own little twist as to how they run said tank. No two fishkeepers have the same setup even if they own the same species in the same sized tank.

If someone clearly doesn't know something and has a genuine request for help, NOT helping them or giving vauge answers is severely counterproductive, hinders the flow of knowledge and for the one with the problem, only makes matters worse as they feel horribly discouraged and even more helpless. It's not that surprising for someone in such a position to feel bitter or "pissy" .

I agree, HT, but you wouldn't get a newbie started out on a 100 gal saltwater tank with seashorses! :) You get them onto some cute little danios and whiteclouds, etc. in a freshwater 20 gal. That, and it is a shame when it happens, but the worst you can do with fish is mistreat/kill the fish. This particular situation could get into something that had longer lasting and possibly devastating effects depending on the circumstances. That is why people wanted more info regarding the background, otherwise taking advice may worsent the situation... am I off here?

However, you are an active member in these forums. :)

Archived