• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

Llyr, I'm no expert at all, and know very little about this topic. But I wonder if it's the mothering energy, that protective instinct coming out and not knowing where to go? I know sometimes if I miss one of my kids, or have sent them somewhere new (such as a camp or something where I'm not seeing them daily), I feel a little lost. I don't mean that I don't know what to do with my time or anything like that. I mean, it's my job to look after them and protect them on a daily basis, and when I send them off somewhere, it's a different way to do the parenting job. I think as parents, we feel more secure in what we can do for our kids when they are physically with us. Or at least, if they're at school, they're not far away.

But it can be unsettling to not feel in control of their safety and protection. I think the energy is natural and valid, but maybe it needs to you guide it? So, perhaps you could do something to send that energy to your child, somehow. Like I said, I'm not well versed on these things, but maybe you, as a mother, still need to express that protective instinct, and it's hard to do that when he's not there, so this could be how it came out.

#42 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Llyr, I'm no expert at all, and know very little about this topic. But I wonder if it's the mothering energy, that protective instinct coming out and not knowing where to go? I know sometimes if I miss one of my kids, or have sent them somewhere new (such as a camp or something where I'm not seeing them daily), I feel a little lost. I don't mean that I don't know what to do with my time or anything like that. I mean, it's my job to look after them and protect them on a daily basis, and when I send them off somewhere, it's a different way to do the parenting job. I think as parents, we feel more secure in what we can do for our kids when they are physically with us. Or at least, if they're at school, they're not far away.

But it can be unsettling to not feel in control of their safety and protection. I think the energy is natural and valid, but maybe it needs to you guide it? So, perhaps you could do something to send that energy to your child, somehow. Like I said, I'm not well versed on these things, but maybe you, as a mother, still need to express that protective instinct, and it's hard to do that when he's not there, so this could be how it came out.

Thanks Tricycle, I am a Dad but get and appreciate your thoughts ;)

#43 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Tricycle, I am a Dad but get and appreciate your thoughts ;)

Oops! I'm very sorry to get your gender wrong! Replace all I said with 'parent', then :)

#44 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Oops! I'm very sorry to get your gender wrong! Replace all I said with 'parent', then :)

Not a problem... I reckon I would be an awesome mother!! :D

#45 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

It's good to be versatile LOL

#46 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

recently, i was takeing a ritual bath, just a sorta cleansing type deal, and was deeply focused when the buzzing began. after a bit the buzzing or vibrating or what have you became intense the point of distraction and even a bit of annoyance. I wasn't aiming to gather energy, or to raise energy, just simply to cleanse out whats here. like moving an old still creek bed to get it moving again I guess. anywho, I was wondering if anyone has had similar sensations to the point that it just got annoying? and if so, any way to put a cap on it or tone it down when it happens? I suppose theres always re focusing or just the wait a bit and try again later...

☆☆☆

Hey! I just wanted to chime in here and say that I have experienced similar during cleansing/ritual baths. Here's what I do now: first, I let the water out while I'm still in the bath and it drains the stagnant or negative energy along with the bathwater right down the drain. This in itself I have found to be really...grounding, I guess. I mean, I can literally feel the energy leaving me. Then, I take a shower and wash the last traces away. Running or moving water is a powerful energy source for me personally, and I can feel the bright, clean, pure energy sort of filling and recharging me. It's amazing to feel and for me it works great.

Another thing I do when going to sleep at night to 'blow off' excess energy (which I've found can prevent me from sleeping well) is to create a bubble of energy that I create within my belly and grow larger with each breath in and out. First I grow it to surround me, then my bed, then my room, then the whole house, etc. It is glowing, shining, iridescent. I use it to 'scan' the house for any unwanted energies or entities and then, once I'm satisfied with the size of it, I sort of anchor it or snap it into place as a hard shield to protect my sleeping family and myself. This process usually eliminates my mind chatter and helps me focus and relax enough to feel sleepy. I usually don't have issues with excess energy after this either!

True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#47 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

On a related note, I am really curious to hear what others do to gather energy. I seem to get the best results from bathing in running water but that is not always practical or available. I really struggle with energy depletion when I am in man-made environs and around a lot of other people (like at work or school, for instance). I work at a hospital and as such I am constantly involved in emotionally charged situations which tend to drain me quickly. I've tried shielding before I go in but I seem to always 'run dry' before the day is over. Any suggestions?
True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#48 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

I saw a chi-raising exercise on you tube and use it with instant energy results. You stand up where you have some room to swing your arms. Swing forward and clap in front of you, then continue the swing backwards and clap behind you. Do this 25-100 times. I have arthritic shoulders & the backwards clap was difficult, but by sticking with it, I worked out the kinks. Then place your charged hands along your body and push (or accept) the energy from your tingly hands into yourself. Always move from lowest to highest positions along the body's major organs, like groin/hips, stomach, lower rib cage and upper chest, then back to the groin to ground. There's no reason not to do this at work. I've seen nurses standing at station or along the corridor loosening up their joints, and I've done the same along side my desk as a secretary. This is no dif.

Edited by Zombee, 16 August 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#49 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Zombee! I am going to try this for sure.