48 replies to this topic

#21 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

I think my energy comes from within (unless I unknowingly pull it from somewhere).

Usually I would be walking around in the dark living room with only the lights in the fireplace.

Talking to myself and perhaps finishing off a can of beer and when talking to myself I am working up my emotions and then I will feel my hands, not throbing but a strong steady buzzing energy feeling and then I'm ready to send off spells. The buzzing feelings in my hands then ceases when I finish with the sending of spells.

other times I use emotions such as anger to accidently cause some effects. But lately I have some success in doing a controlled "done on purpose" anger and hexing.

I understand what you are saying, Exile. I don't necessarily have to pull energy from anywhere or anything in order to manifest my will. As was noted by others in this and similar threads, however, I do not have an unending supply of personal energy and, thus, must occasionally channel through another source. The important thing is, that if I need it, however, I know how best to get it for me.

#22 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agree with that Jevne, there are some nights where I don't feel up to doing the hexing or spelling.

Another weird thing with my hands, is that when I feel very down or stressed out and depressed, I can just put my hands in front of my face, palms facing my face fingers straight and spreaded a little

And then stare at the palms of my hands and within a minute all that depressed feeling, anxiety, or unhappiness will drain out of me and I feel happy and it stays that way.

I don't do that offen for the fear of "wearing out the magic".

Edited by The Exile, 02 February 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#23 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

I don't do that offen for the fear of "wearing out the magic".

Well, I have not personally worn out my magic, yet, and I use magic as much as possible and probably beyond that, so you are probably good to go. :D

#24 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

I can say I have raised energy by spinning and pulling the energy from the air into myself. I have to be careful doing this because one day I was doing it and I did not realize how much I had pulled from the air. And when I released it I was knocked off my feet, across the room, and landed on my side against an sntique wooden rocker. I wore a bruise the size of a basketball for close to a month.
Other ways I raise energy are similar to things that have been mentioned (the ground, trees, plants). I've used rivers and streams too.
And like The Exile and Jevne have mentioned myself. I often times tap into my own energy especially when grinding herbs, resins, stones etc for a working. And I'll push my energy down into the energy of the material I am using to blend with its energy.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#25 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I am interested to understand where people pull their energy from (energy in the air, specific plants, etc.) if they don't pull it up from the earth as I have always had a need to "drop down" and really connect to the earth (maybe it's just me)? Obviously all things have their own specific energy and those can be invoked too, but for some reason I have to have that "drop down."

M

M, this is really interesting to me. Lately I have been "dropping down" very often, but curiously for me the sensation feels like a back flip. Instead of dropping down through my feet or anything that makes more sense, I arch up from my head and drop down behind myself like a backwards swan dive. I have also noticed I have difficulty dropping down in some areas. In my house and in my close friend's house, I can drop even when I'm inside. Doing it outside is always the easiest, but being on a concrete, asphalt, or brick foundation on the ground prevents me from doing it entirely.

I am hoping that with practice I can drop more successfully, which I feel has more to do with concentration on my part than anything else.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#26 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Bumping for new Members. :)

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#27 Willau

Willau

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Raising energy for me, comes from the energies that are influencing me. I tend to ride with the tide of the planetaty/celestial energies. :biggrin:

(Can anyone tell me why the emoticons do not work for me? :/ )

#28 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

The topic of raising energy, plus a reference that I read about "positive energy", prompted me to share a recent incident.  Some of you know that I have been working for quite some time on a rather complicated and nasty hex.  It is a working that I didn't really want to have to do at first, but which after some time,and additional stupidity on the person's part, I began to take great pleasure in.  A working of that nature does take some energy, of course, but I noted, I know how much I need and I know where to get it, when I need it.

Enter a "friend" of a friend of a family member . . . (pay attention; there might be a quiz).  Anyway, in casual conversation, someone mentioned that I was throwing a lot of energy at a particular working, but did not say what it was.  I am out and about today, and the "friend", whom I barely know, came up to me to tell me that she had been sending me "positive energy" for my working.

Seriously?  WTF?  I do not even know this person.  Actually, I do not think in terms of positive or negative energy, as energy is just energy, but that is not the point.  We all know that occasionally folks will ask for or need positive (as in helpful) energy.  But, what kind of person, randomly throws energy at someone else's workings, especially someone they do not know? 

I know that people do not usually mean anything, when they say they are sending energy.   Even among those who are sincere, a good many of them do not have the power to work up a fart, let alone send any energy.  But, unless your intention is to thwart the working; counteract the original magic, it is not a good idea to throw energy at it without asking first. 

#29 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yep

#30 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

But, what kind of person, randomly throws energy at someone else's workings, especially someone they do not know?

Someone that doesn't know better, maybe?  Don't you just love overly helpful people?

What did you say to her after that?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#31 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Jenve, I agree.  It irritates me too that a stranger would poke their nose in someone else's business uninvited.  If the person is a witch, you would think they would know better. 

#32 CrazyBeaver

CrazyBeaver

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

The topic of raising energy, plus a reference that I read about "positive energy", prompted me to share a recent incident.  Some of you know that I have been working for quite some time on a rather complicated and nasty hex.  It is a working that I didn't really want to have to do at first, but which after some time,and additional stupidity on the person's part, I began to take great pleasure in.  A working of that nature does take some energy, of course, but I noted, I know how much I need and I know where to get it, when I need it.

Enter a "friend" of a friend of a family member . . . (pay attention; there might be a quiz).  Anyway, in casual conversation, someone mentioned that I was throwing a lot of energy at a particular working, but did not say what it was.  I am out and about today, and the "friend", whom I barely know, came up to me to tell me that she had been sending me "positive energy" for my working.

Seriously?  WTF?  I do not even know this person.  Actually, I do not think in terms of positive or negative energy, as energy is just energy, but that is not the point.  We all know that occasionally folks will ask for or need positive (as in helpful) energy.  But, what kind of person, randomly throws energy at someone else's workings, especially someone they do not know? 

I know that people do not usually mean anything, when they say they are sending energy.   Even among those who are sincere, a good many of them do not have the power to work up a fart, let alone send any energy.  But, unless your intention is to thwart the working; counteract the original magic, it is not a good idea to throw energy at it without asking first. 

Something similar to that... a local "wiccan" does stone wrapped wire and here.. I have to quote this cause it makes me laugh when I read it...

Gemstone Wire Wrapped Jewelry and charms inspired by LOVE, NATURE and Metaphysical Energies ♥

I know this person. Worked with this person. She is about as Loving as a large rat-trap baited with poison. She "attracts with honey" so she can use people then toss them aside when she thinks she owes them something and blames them. I also find it hard to believe people fall for that crap.. lol

But on the topic, Thanks for bumping this one! I did often "gather" energy,,, many times for my mood in small amounts, but once I was driving to work and I started "gathering energy" (I never really thought of it like that so much) and it built and built up and I felt powerful and then realized it was a dumb thing to do while driving... in 2' of snow... so I had the need to release it and since I gathered it without a purpose or intent I wasn't sure what to do with it..  so I thought hey... my old Vehicle could use some energy... and directed it all at the vehicle.  :blondmoment:

Well after replacing the headlights and much figuring with trying to start it. (alarm went off, would make strange sounds when trying to start it, turns out it was the key signal) All in all, I toasted the battery. A new one at that. LOL. I made it to work due to the alternator... but I didn't make it home until I took a nice walk in the cold and spent some time in the almost dark changing the battery, which I could do since I had just replaced that battery a month or so before and still had the tools in the vehicle. I was a few days before I told hubby what I had done and thought I did. He laughed and said it made more sense then it just up and dying. 

So now I don't gather (I also feel it comes from within, but I can also feel it comes from other places too) or release energies in the vehicles. And I only do it for a reason. I guess I just wanted to see if I really could still do it after all the time that had passed since I last did it to that extent.  :tongue:

#33 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I can raise the intensity level of my own personal energy.  I also gather energy from around me.  It depends on what I'm doing.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#34 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Another bump of this thread, just because it seems like it might be of interest.

#35 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Yes! Thanks for bumping :)
I can use almost any part of my body to gather energy which can be helpful in public. I do have my preferences of course.

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#36 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:21 AM

I couldn't find a topic on this, so I thought i'd create one.

Raising energy is something that i've heard alot about, but I'm not sure if its something i've managed to do. Sometimes I get this feeling - like a surge of electricity inside me - and I can bring about that feeling when I want, but i'm not sure if that's me raising energy, or if its something totally unrelated. It's the same feeling I get when i'm listening to a really powerful piece of music, and this feeling comes over me....

I just wanted to start a discussion on how some of you guys do it, and how you know its working and any experiences you've had smile.gif

I get a similar feeling when collecting energy, and can continue to gather it to whatever intensity I need to. Almost like a vibration. However when sensing external energies, at times I have felt different types energies, namely "hot spots" and "cold spots," in certain places, which I can play off of. I can pull the energy to different parts of my body, such as my hands, to do things such as find certain lost objects or a place I'm looking for if I'm lost. Comes in handy when travelling!

RSKHFMY

#37 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Raising energy sounds like child- rearing to me --  Gathering energy sounds like I need a wicker basket to put it in...lol.   But, both terms work...

If I'm not drawing on my own reserves of inner energy...  I 'tap' into energy (since it's all around us ) and let it flow into me... or through me, depending on what I'm using it for.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#38 Deawic

Deawic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:05 AM

recently, i was takeing a ritual bath, just a sorta cleansing type deal, and was deeply focused when the buzzing began. after a bit the buzzing or vibrating or what have you became intense the point of distraction and even a bit of annoyance. I wasn't aiming to gather energy, or to raise energy, just simply to cleanse out whats here. like moving an old still creek bed to get it moving again I guess.  anywho, I was wondering if anyone has had similar sensations to the point that it just got annoying? and if so, any way to put a cap on it or tone it down when it happens? I suppose theres always re focusing or just the wait a bit and try again later...  

#39 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Deawic - It sounds like you may have retained some energy during the cleansing out process. I'm prone to collecting energy passively and then having a difficult time sinking enough energy out to maintain a good balance. Many times this feeds into other problems, like prominent insomnia. Remember energy can be transformed - magickal energy can be turned into physical energy and vice versa. Maybe do something physical until it sloughs off, like hit the gym hard, have energetic sex, make art, etc. You could also use that energy to charge items, but be careful what item you pick - I've broken some of my favorite jewelry pieces by doing this. 

There are plenty others who know the inner workings of energy work far better than I do, so my apologies if this is little help. 

RSKHFMY

#40 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

I have a query regarding this and would love to know your thoughts. I am also a person that draws energy from below through my feet, but I can also draw energy from above from the sun for example. I have also experienced changes in energy depending on what location I am in and the nearest accurate description of that is where someone mentioned cold spots and hot spots... but I would add to that a different sort of feel to the energy.

But my question is more about how emotions are connected to energy. For example, my son has just been on a 2 week school trip to Barcelona in Spain and travelled by coach, so the drive is over 24 hours. Once we dropped him off and he departed for his trip I found myself at home thinking about the drivers, hoping that they hadn't been drinking or that they were tired and generally hoping that all of the kids would be safe on their journey. I then found myself unfortunately thinking what if they crashed and I even spiralled down thinking the worse case scenarios possible. Before I knew it I was getting upset and then upset turned to anger and the energy surging through my body was ridiculous!! Similar to when I focus on drawing it from the earth or the sun. So, although I was being an idiot and had to give myself a kick up the ass and out of that thought process, it did get me thinking where had that energy come from?? Did it come from within?? Did I unknowingly draw it from anything??

The energy that I was feeling coursing through my veins got there with no intentional intent, drawing energy didn't even enter my mind, it was just my emotions reacting to the thoughts that I was having.

Any thoughts??