• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I couldn't find a topic on this, so I thought i'd create one.

Raising energy is something that i've heard alot about, but I'm not sure if its something i've managed to do. Sometimes I get this feeling - like a surge of electricity inside me - and I can bring about that feeling when I want, but i'm not sure if that's me raising energy, or if its something totally unrelated. It's the same feeling I get when i'm listening to a really powerful piece of music, and this feeling comes over me....

I just wanted to start a discussion on how some of you guys do it, and how you know its working and any experiences you've had :)

Here to discuss, debate, listen and learn.

#2 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Raising energy is something that i've heard alot about, but I'm not sure if its something i've managed to do. Sometimes I get this feeling - like a surge of electricity inside me - and I can bring about that feeling when I want, but i'm not sure if that's me raising energy, or if its something totally unrelated. It's the same feeling I get when i'm listening to a really powerful piece of music, and this feeling comes over me....

I just wanted to start a discussion on how some of you guys do it, and how you know its working and any experiences you've had :)

It's similar for me, Babooshka. It feels like an intense, tingly rush that culminates with extreme heat and tingling in my hands, sometimes up my forearms, too. If I'm sending healing energy, I sometimes pick up on the target's emotions and find that I have tears streaming down my face. It's very intense and, in a weird way, pleasant. Sometimes it's energizing and sometimes a bit draining, afterward. Usually, during spellwork, it's energizing. Does this help, or even make any sense?

#3 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

It's similar for me, Babooshka. It feels like an intense, tingly rush that culminates with extreme heat and tingling in my hands, sometimes up my forearms, too. If I'm sending healing energy, I sometimes pick up on the target's emotions and find that I have tears streaming down my face. It's very intense and, in a weird way, pleasant. Sometimes it's energizing and sometimes a bit draining, afterward. Usually, during spellwork, it's energizing. Does this help, or even make any sense?

I have a similar feeling in that it's sometimes intense, but the feeling i'm talking about comes from deep within my body, not just specifically my hands. It's almost feels like a rush of orgasmic energy I suppose. But as for the energy I use in healing, I always get the intense feeling you talk about - its like a tingling/ vibrating, similar to pins and needles in my hands. I'm not sure if this is the same as raising energy though, because i'm just channelling it though my hands rather than building it up. No doubt you'll be having different experiences to me. But like I said, i'm not really familiar with what it means to raise energy, which is why i'm asking you guys :)

#4 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

I raise energy for different purposes in different ways - like either for spell-work or "personal energy." For spell work there's many different ways one can do it, and I often chant becuase I happen to like that. For building up personal energy I will either "run" energy up and down the spine and then distribute it, or if I am building up a greater manifestation of the current within myself I will often pull it from what some call the "forge fire" pull it into me thru the base of the spine, mingle it with my own, and then let some go (don't want to be bouncing off walls). For spell work or for blasting out the house prior to sleeping I often pull in energy that is in the area and build it up in me then just blast it out (or focus it onto the spell, depending). The forge fire thing I definitely feel as heat coming in through the base of the spine. "Running" energy I feel as tingling, and pulling in then blasting I feel sort of like an adreliine rush that is clam and spent after sending.

M

#5 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Good Morning (at least it's morning here),

Raising energy is actually sensing energy, tapping into energy and using energy. You aren't really raising anything, because energy is all around us all the time, either in kinetic (sp?) or potential form. When you are energized by a powerful piece of music, you are responding to it's energy: the emotional energy of the piece and the sound wave energy. When you exercise (run, dance, skip, etc.) you are sensing the energy of movement, and your cells are releasing chemical energy that has been stored as potential energy.

So, you are both right . . . you are sensing energy, tapping into it, but are you using it? I don't know, if you are or aren't, but I have noticed that some Witches spend a lot of time raising energy, which is fine, except anybody can do that. They just do not always recognize it as energy. Read any child's physical science book on energy and its various forms, and you will see how simple of a concept it is. The complicated part is learning how to connect with and manipulate the energy. Understanding the forms that energy can take will broaden the number of opportunities for practice that you have.

For example, while it is still cold here, we did have a couple of nice days, so I managed to take a walk in the woods. Being fairly adept at sensing energy, I felt the trees "humming" with life. I know from experience that what I was sensing was the tree's sap (finally) flowing (going from becoming potential energy to kinetic energy - moving). I grabbed the trunk of the nearest pine tree and just for fun and because I can grabbed my friend's shoulder as she walked by. Shocked the hell out of her. I can sense and redirect energy. Of course, don't play this game with someone else who can manipulate energy. At this grove of little oak trees, my friend was lamenting that they weren't awake yet and could use some energy. (Oaks are lazy.) Once I got close enough, she grabbed an oak tree and laid her hand flat on my chest. Knocked the wind right out of me. She's a bitch.

Jevne

#6 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

What method I use depends on my circumstances at the time, chanting, music, plants, sunlight, etc. are all different ways I've made use of. The 'feeling' of that energy is the confirmation, for me anyway. :)

You aren't really raising anything, because energy is all around us all the time, either in kinetic (sp?) or potential form.

While I understand this, I always considered the term 'raising energy' synonymous with 'gathering energy' in this context. Gathering the energy that is available all around, bringing it into me (if necessary), and then directing it how I need.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#7 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

While I understand this, I always considered the term 'raising energy' synonymous with 'gathering energy' in this context. Gathering the energy that is available all around, bringing it into me (if necessary), and then directing it how I need.

Gathering energy makes a lot more sense, actually. Thank you for the terminology.

J

#8 Babooshka

Babooshka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

I feel sort of like an adreliine rush that is clam and spent after sending.

M

Yeah! that's probably a more accurate description of what I feel - its like an adrenaline rush, but it's different in a way. It's so hard to put these feelings into words lol

For example, while it is still cold here, we did have a couple of nice days, so I managed to take a walk in the woods. Being fairly adept at sensing energy, I felt the trees "humming" with life. I know from experience that what I was sensing was the tree's sap (finally) flowing (going from becoming potential energy to kinetic energy - moving). I grabbed the trunk of the nearest pine tree and just for fun and because I can grabbed my friend's shoulder as she walked by. Shocked the hell out of her. I can sense and redirect energy. Of course, don't play this game with someone else who can manipulate energy. At this grove of little oak trees, my friend was lamenting that they weren't awake yet and could use some energy. (Oaks are lazy.) Once I got close enough, she grabbed an oak tree and laid her hand flat on my chest. Knocked the wind right out of me. She's a bitch.

Jevne

I find this really interesting, have you always been able to sense this with trees, or is it something you've developed over time. Was the friend you directed the energy at able to feel energy normally because I was wondering if it would have any effect on someone who wasn't 'tuned in'. Maybe im just being dense, I'm guessing it wouldn't?

#9 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

I find this really interesting, have you always been able to sense this with trees, or is it something you've developed over time. Was the friend you directed the energy at able to feel energy normally because I was wondering if it would have any effect on someone who wasn't 'tuned in'. Maybe im just being dense, I'm guessing it wouldn't?

For as long as I can remember. I believe that all children have such gifts, but some parents stomp it out of them. I was lucky in that regard.

I don't know if it would work with someone who is "unconnected". I'll try it and let you know. Now, all I have to do is find some nature-hater and convince them to stand next to a tree with me.

Jevne

#10 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

I have a similar feeling in that it's sometimes intense, but the feeling i'm talking about comes from deep within my body, not just specifically my hands. It's almost feels like a rush of orgasmic energy I suppose. But as for the energy I use in healing, I always get the intense feeling you talk about - its like a tingling/ vibrating, similar to pins and needles in my hands. I'm not sure if this is the same as raising energy though, because i'm just channelling it though my hands rather than building it up. No doubt you'll be having different experiences to me. But like I said, i'm not really familiar with what it means to raise energy, which is why i'm asking you guys :)

I get the same feeling when I'm meditating or when something unseen sends me a messgage. That last one I just discovered yesterday and it left me with a awed shakiness kind of like after really, really good sex.

I also like the term gathering energy. To me it feels like less of a wiccan thing to say it that way. Also, I agree that the skill lies in not sensing the energy as that is a talent most witches that I have met have by nature, but in manipulating and directing it.

#11 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Felt prompted to bump this thread, as it differentiates between "raising energy" and "gathering energy". It may seen a relatively fine distinction to make, but the concept of gathering seems to be more in keeping with the practice of many Traditional Witches, as is explained here.

#12 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

....The complicated part is learning how to connect with and manipulate the energy. Understanding the forms that energy can take will broaden the number of opportunities for practice that you have.

..... I grabbed the trunk of the nearest pine tree and just for fun and because I can grabbed my friend's shoulder as she walked by. ...... Once I got close enough, she grabbed an oak tree and laid her hand flat on my chest....

Jevne

I found these sections very interesting. A lot of people that talk about energy talk about the "tree root" metaphor about pulling up universal energy from your feet and pulling it to the top of your body to use (and they don't tell you "how" to use it). That is all great and everything but it is not always practical as nowadays we wear rubber soled shoes and can hardly go around barefoot all the time. I have learned to pull energy with my receptive hand and direct it out the other dominate hand, like what Jevne describes here, or any other energy point on the body that feels right for what I am doing and that is something that they don't mention in the "books".

#13 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

That is all great and everything but it is not always practical as nowadays we wear rubber soled shoes and can hardly go around barefoot all the time.

One of the reasons I wear moccasins. Natural leather soles make it as close to barefoot as I can get. Most people think I'm just an old hippie (they're partially correct) ...

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#14 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

If I were inclined to channel energy through my feet, which I generally am not, I doubt it would matter, if I was wearing shoes or not. I only say this, because I can channel through my hands and my spinal column. I can be wearing gloves and still move natural energy with my hands, and I can do the same when I am wearing a shirt (much to the relief of people in the forest). :)

#15 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

If I were inclined to channel energy through my feet, which I generally am not [...]

After once again having to think about how I do things, I don't raise energy simply through my feet but through my whole body - clothed, too. ;) I direct it with my hands or eyes. The moccasins help me feel what's going on with the Earth almost as well as bare feet but without the cuts from rocks & twigs or the sting of scorpions, spiders or other critters. I feel rather cut off in rubber soled shoes.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#16 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

If I were inclined to channel energy through my feet, which I generally am not, I doubt it would matter, if I was wearing shoes or not. I only say this, because I can channel through my hands and my spinal column. I can be wearing gloves and still move natural energy with my hands, and I can do the same when I am wearing a shirt (much to the relief of people in the forest). :smile:

Lol - I do pull in through my feet a lot, but I see it as earth energy (what I'm standing on) not universe energy (which I'm not standing on). As I work a lot with the garden and trees, and their roots go deep into the earth, and they are fed from the earth, and the earth is where my ancestors are, it is a big connection for me and I pull deep into the earth sometimes. For me it is one thing I have been working on really feeling the difference with and sensing. Earth energy (or the energy of the things of the earth) is what I work with.

M

#17 Marabet

Marabet

Miss Clavel's Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I find that clothing and shoes do effect my ability to pull in energy if for no other reason than they are suddenly very heavy and distracting to me. I do 90% of my workings completely naked, without even deodorant, makeup, or jewelry.

That said for whatever reason I can't manage to pull energy up through my feet. I have to be sitting on the ground and I feel it coming up through my tailbone.

EDITED: okay, not *can't* just prefer not to. I find that when I try from the ground any other way I feel a bit scattered.

Edited by Marabet, 02 February 2013 - 12:32 AM.

I ran to a tower where the church bells chime
I hoped that they would clear my mind
They left a ringing in my ear
But that drum's still beating loud and clear

{Florence + The Machine 'Drumming Song'}

#18 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Shoes don't hold me back, but I'll admit that 1) I'm a barefoot type of gal and 2) It is rare and far between where I purposely include my feet in any sort of energy gathering.

#19 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I am interested to understand where people pull their energy from (energy in the air, specific plants, etc.) if they don't pull it up from the earth as I have always had a need to "drop down" and really connect to the earth (maybe it's just me)? Obviously all things have their own specific energy and those can be invoked too, but for some reason I have to have that "drop down."

M

#20 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

I think my energy comes from within (unless I unknowingly pull it from somewhere).

Usually I would be walking around in the dark living room with only the lights in the fireplace.

Talking to myself and perhaps finishing off a can of beer and when talking to myself I am working up my emotions and then I will feel my hands, not throbing but a strong steady buzzing energy feeling and then I'm ready to send off spells. The buzzing feelings in my hands then ceases when I finish with the sending of spells.

other times I use emotions such as anger to accidently cause some effects. But lately I have some success in doing a controlled "done on purpose" anger and hexing.