• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Dawn

Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

Do you know what? I have no idea what my blood type is!! Is that bad???? :pumpkin_rolleyes:

Talking about eye colour, my eyes were blue till i was 15 and now they are green. Maybe they change with age. Not sure if they change when im angry though, never checked myself out in the mirror when im going into one lol!.

#22 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

[...] What are some other people's eye color?

Mine are blue.

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#23 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

What are some other people's eye color?

Mine are usually a medium/dark grey color, with a brownish/gold ring around the pupil and a dark aqua ring around the outer edge of the iris. They can change to a vivid blue, navy blue, bright green, and darken enough that the casual observer assumes they're black.

A lot of people with positive blood have 'mood eyes' too, but there seems to be a higher percentage of people that have them in the negative blood group.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#24 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Interesting thread! I am O-
You have prompted me to do a bit of research into this as well.

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#25 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Mine are usually a medium/dark grey color, with a brownish/gold ring around the pupil and a dark aqua ring around the outer edge of the iris. They can change to a vivid blue, navy blue, bright green, and darken enough that the casual observer assumes they're black.

A lot of people with positive blood have 'mood eyes' too, but there seems to be a higher percentage of people that have them in the negative blood group.

Your eyes sound very much like mine.... cool.

#26 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Do you know what? I have no idea what my blood type is!! Is that bad???? :pumpkin_rolleyes:

Talking about eye colour, my eyes were blue till i was 15 and now they are green. Maybe they change with age. Not sure if they change when im angry though, never checked myself out in the mirror when im going into one lol!.

I just found this out recently when taking Himself to the M.D. He doesn't know his blood type either, so being the nosy woman I am, since they had to draw blood anyways, I asked for a bonified blood type for Him. The Nurse drawing his blood said " When you donate blood they type it right there, and it's free of charge. "
With both of use as retired Airline employees, if we gave blood during anytime we flew, we were ineligible for our flight, so the Airlines frowns on giving blood. So many did not, hence Himself does not know his blood type. I know mine, due to being born from a Military Family.
Regards,
Gypsy

I'm thinking of donating and requesting a small vile of blood for my " workings " since it freezes so nice. :rolleyes_witch:

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#27 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'm thinking of donating and requesting a small vile of blood for my " workings " since it freezes so nice. :rolleyes_witch:

I'd love to see the person's face when you do that. LOL! ;)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#28 Figment

Figment

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I did some research on O- blood after I found out that I had it. I was pregnant and was told I would have to have a Rho-Gahm (sp) shot to immunize my blood and prevent it from attacking my unborn child as a foreign body to be destroyed should my blood and hers mingle during birth or other trauma (if hers was positive). O- blood can be given to anyone, of any blood type. It's not rejected by any other type. But it can only receive other O- blood.

One theory I've read is that the passage in the bible that refers to the 'sons of god taking the daughters of men and bearing children with them so that there were giants in the land' is an indicator that people with negative blood are descendants of angelic spirits who mated with humans. There there are the alien sites, who swear that negative blood people are reptillians who are the result of abductions and experiments. And it gets wilder from there. lol

Some of the traits that appear to be common with people of a negative blood type are eyes that change colors, and a higher rate of psychic experiences.

Anyone else ever looked into this? I'm not sure what I think about it, in the grand scheme of things probably not that important, but I do find it interesting. :)

(Everything I've said here is based on internet research that may or may not be reliable, so if some facts are incorrect please correct me. lol)

Both my entire family and my husband's family are O-. My doctor was also worried when I got pregnant till I told him that my husband was also O-.

You are right about the eyes. I know that mine, my son's, and one of my grandmothers do or did change colors. I have green eyes normally and they have gone from gray to yellowish to blue. My son's eyes are normally blue but depending on his day and mood they are gray. I saw the term "mood eyes" while reading this thread and that is a great term for it.

As for any pyschic experiences or abilities, I can only go by my own experiences since the rest of my family is too Christian or too skeptical to believe it even if it were to happen to them. I am have had many experiences, but I don't know if that is due to blood type or just me being me.

#29 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'd love to see the person's face when you do that. LOL! ;)

LOL, yesss... could be a Kodak moment. :happy:
Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#30 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

This is a fascinating topic - I'd love to look more into this.  

I'm O- and have both color-changing eyes and psychic experiences so I wonder how much a blood type might have to do with that.  As far as the eye color change goes I simply thought most people had that...  I didn't realize it could be a limited number of people.  But...it's not like I pay too much attention to that in people. LOL

I've got green eyes.  When I'm calm or sick they can darken to more of a hazel.  When I'm happy they are most definitely green.  When I'm in any type of impassioned state they turn a very bright neon green, which when coupled with my very dark hair and pale face scares the shit out of some people.  I also suffer from rosacea so I have bright red splotches that form on my face when I cry or when I'm angry which just exacerbates things.  

I just had a miscarriage scare a few weeks back even though I'm 6 months along.  Turns out it was an over-reaction on the part of my Doctor.  However, when I was sitting in a hospital room after an ultrasound discussing why I had just been put through an un-necessary hell over something that turned out to be nothing I just about lost it.  I was too angry and upset to pay attention to the people in the room, but after we left my husband began laughing his ass off in the car.  He said that my face "did that thing" and scared the shit out of the poor nurses.  I looked like I was about to eat someone according to him.  So I looked into the mirror and actually got a glimpse of "angry" me.  My eyes were bright, bright green!  I wish they looked like that all the time...  But it's definitely a barometer as to my mood.  :)   

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#31 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

Interesting topic! I am o- as well. My eyes do shift from dark brown to hazel, to green, and I have had psychic as well as other paranormal/ supernatural/ or non- ordinary experiences. My husband is A-, so thankfully there were no issues when my children where born, and I did not require the shot, though they tried thier very best to give it to me anyway!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#32 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

Looks like type O blood may have been the original blood type. Look at the following which was Excerpted from the Complete Blood Type Encyclopedia by Peter D'Adamo, published by Penguin Putnam Inc, Copyright 2002 and can be found at http://www.dadamo.co...ence_anthro.htm along with a lot more information that is fascinating:

Ancestral Foundations

From a purely scientific point of view, chemical analysis of the group O antigen reveals that from a structural perspective, it is the simplest blood group and it serves as the backbone for the synthesis of increasingly complex A, B and AB. These later blood groups evolved by adding other sugars onto the basic O sugar, much like a modern city might be built upon the foundations of an ancient one. Thus if the mutations that produced the A and B antigens are ancient, the gene for blood group O is infinitely older.

Another dimension testifying to the great antiquity of group O comes from the science of physical anthropology and suggests that a greater part of humanity�s existence has been lived exclusively as group O.

New studies on mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) support the theory that Homo sapiens emerged in Africa and only later infiltrated other regions. Unlike DNA, which is inherited from both parents and changes minutely with each generation, mtDNA is passed directly from mother to child. It is contained in eggs but not in sperm. Since only random mutations alter its sequence, it is a more accurate measure of the trajectory of human evolution. Extensive mtDNA studies demonstrate that humans evolved from a common ancestor. These studies also confirm the theory that the blood groups evolved as migratory mutations.

The extraordinarily high percentage of blood group O in "ancient" or otherwise isolated populations also testifies to its great age. (6) Even though the early migrations dispersed the gene for group O blood throughout the world, there are some extraordinary examples of "old" populations existing in our world today. Because of their geographic locations, these societies have remained isolated from interaction with other populations. If A, B and O had developed simultaneously, the isolated population groups would have had all of them. But these "old societies" are group O because genes for the later blood groups never had the opportunity to enter into their populations. They have remained unchanged.

The Basques are an ancient people whose origins are still a mystery. The Basque language, the only western European language not connected by Indo-European roots, appears to be related to several dialects found in small isolated populations in the valleys of the Caucasus Mountains. Although they look much like their French and Spanish neighbors, Basques possess the lowest frequency of blood group B---originally having no group B at all---and the highest frequencies of blood group O in Europe. Cattle, abundant on the European plains, and fresh water fish seem to have been the staples of their early existence, as evidenced by the extraordinary renderings of the famous cave paintings found in the Basque country.

More than fifty percent of the Basque population is Rh negative, as opposed to sixteen percent for the rest of Europe. Like the gene for group O, the genetic mechanism for the Rh negative blood type is simpler, hence undoubtedly older, than the gene for Rh positive.

Native Americans are another example of the "old peoples" existing in our world today. It has often been asserted that all full-blooded American Indians are group O, and recent studies on largely intermingled Amerindian populations show a very high (sixty-seven to eighty percent) predominance of O, indicating that their migration from Asia to Alaska was probably much earlier than previously believed.(7,8) Their high rate of blood group O suggests that the Amerindians and Eskimos are directly descended from Cro-Magnon ancestors, probably Mongolians, who migrated around 15,000 B.C. to the Americas. In contrast to the Basques, however, the Asian Amerindians must have mingled extensively with other Asian populations, picking up along the way the gene for Rh positive blood.

As with the Basques, few Native Americans are group B, so they must have migrated to the Americas late enough to pick up the Rh positive gene, but too early to pick up the gene for B. (9) This migration probably took place across the land bridge that at one time connected Siberia to Alaska. As the last Ice Age ebbed and the lands warmed and glaciers receded, the rising water levels eliminated the land bridge between Asia and American, bottling up the Native Americans and a high-O enclave and preventing for another 10,000 years any communication between the continents. Forensic studies support this theory: in Chile no B or AB have been noted either in pre-Columbian or Colonial mummies. (19)

Another theory for the extremely high incidence of blood group O in Native Americans is that O individuals seem relatively resistant to syphilis and smallpox, major killers of Native Americans that were introduced into the Old World by Columbus. (22)

Agricultural advances in the Americas were late in coming, because the new American homeland was abundantly populated with game and fish, which discouraged agriculture. Even corn, which was the staple grain, didn't appear to be domesticated until 4500 B.C., and common beans appear to be an even more recent addition, first being cultivated around 2200 B.C. So, like the Basques, meats and not grains were the primary staple of the Native American diet.

In England, Wales and Scotland there is a strong association between ABO blood group and geographical differences in the death rate (10) Studies of blood group distribution in the British Isles show a general increase of group O frequency from relatively low numbers in southern England to increasingly higher ones in northern England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. (11) This suggests that the Anglo-Saxons had relatively high A levels, and that O increased as the proportion of Celtic ancestry increased, although the origin of the high incidence of blood group O in the Irish may represent the remnants of Mesolithic peoples. (23) This is also the case with continental Europe, where the percentage of group O increases in northern Germans and Danes. It is also known that the Icelanders had high O frequencies, close to those frequencies found in the populations of Scotland and Ireland.

Among the Nomads of the Arabian Peninsula, and the Berbers of the Atlas Mountains, two old populations, the frequency of the blood group O gene is high. Africans, on average, have more O genes and less A genes than do Europeans. So it can be seen that the gene carried by people who are blood group O is ancient by evolutionary standards.

Also if you want to know about eyes that change colour look here:

http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask126

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color.

Edited by Enodia, 12 May 2014 - 11:47 PM.

"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#33 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

Good info Enodia! I have no idea what my blood type is. I should ask my doctor when I go next week, is that the kind of thing they have on your record?

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#34 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

If you've had blood work done by your dr. that he sent to a lab most likely the lab typed it. Sometimes if the dr. does it in his own lab they maybe looking for specific things and typing might not be high on their list.

Edited by Enodia, 13 May 2014 - 03:55 PM.

"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#35 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

I had a ton of blood work and genetic testing done last summer so I am sure it must be on file somewhere. Thank you E, I will ask :)

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#36 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Nice info Enondia :)

This subject has always piqued my interest. In my family, a couple: father (O+)  mother (AB-) had one healthy infant (O+) ... the rest, not so much. Very sad.

This was before the Rh-shots were available. 

What is interesting to me --- why would humans mutate/develop a blood type that kills/attacks its own offspring? 

Here's a link of World-wide Blood Type distributions http://anthro.paloma...vary/vary_3.htm

Edited by Nikki, 13 May 2014 - 02:30 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#37 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Good info Enodia! I have no idea what my blood type is. I should ask my doctor when I go next week, is that the kind of thing they have on your record?

Yeah, I need to figure that out as well. I haven't gotten bookwork done in years and I no longer see that Dr but I think you can ask them when you donate blood. My college has donations all the time so I'll have to do that before I get another tattoo (or then I'll have to wait a year or two). So that's always an option is your Dr ends up not having it on file.

Also, if you're parents know theirs you can at least narrow it down maybe. I know mine is either A or B, 50/50 chance of either. I also know I'm Rh+ since my mom needed that shot. Although I could be wrong about one of my parents blood types & if so, then I have not a clue what I am...

Actually, looking at what Nikki wrote I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for an AB and O to have an O child. It's 50/50 A or B. If not, I just might be O since my eyes change color... Highly doubt it though.

#38 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

The only thing I know for sure is blood type is not supposed to change.  That said I've been tested a couple times and listed as A+ and also as O+ though the main one is O+ the most consistently.  Doctors say it can't happen then looked in my medical records and saw it listed as both on different blood sample testing.  One test ok mess up, more than that suspect when at different facilities.  Over the last decade though it has remained O+  yet no one can explain the A+ I got occasionally.

Eyes dark brown with period where they look either black or bottomless pits is how more than one person described them over the years.  

#39 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Chloe: Actually, looking at what Nikki wrote I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for an AB and O to have an O child. It's 50/50 A or B.  YES :smile:

I should have placed a slash between the A/B... blonde moment !!! A /or B neg because I couldn't recall which she was. Thanks Chloe.

The point was more about Neg mom and a Pos dad .... making a Pos baby... but subsequent pregnancies were sadly difficult on the fetuses (and parents) due to the Rh-factor.  

There IS an AB blood type, and yes... in that case, the child would be one or the other... A or B.  

Edited by Nikki, 13 May 2014 - 09:21 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#40 melusine

melusine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

I recently mentioned Rh- blood on the 'witchy traits' thread.

I was doing research on it a while back because i have it and like some other posters have said there are a lot of theories and even conspiracy theories about the origin of negative blood and the people who have it.

I noticed a few people here mentioned eye color so i thought it worth mentioning that the eye color of green, (not to be confused with hazel), is the most rare and often people with green eyes have Rh- blood.  There is also a high occurrence of people with red hair, green eyes, and Rh- blood. 

Most interesting to me were findings stating that among people who have and/or claim to have psychic abilities, occult powers/interests/knowledge, etc, people who were abducted by aliens, have had paranormal experiences... so on and so forth... a high majority of those people have Rh- blood. 

Its an interesting thing to just sit and read about online if you're ever bored and want to waste some time.  I found some hilarious websites while prodding around.

Edited by melusine, 14 May 2014 - 02:04 AM.