54 replies to this topic

#1 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I did some research on O- blood after I found out that I had it. I was pregnant and was told I would have to have a Rho-Gahm (sp) shot to immunize my blood and prevent it from attacking my unborn child as a foreign body to be destroyed should my blood and hers mingle during birth or other trauma (if hers was positive). O- blood can be given to anyone, of any blood type. It's not rejected by any other type. But it can only receive other O- blood.

There are all kinds of theories on where O- blood originates from, some are very fascinating and science-fictiony. For anyone that doesn't know, the Rhesus gene is a gene that is linked to the Rhesus primate. The 'positive' indicates that the Rhesus gene is present, and negative indicates that it's not present. Since this primate is thought to be what we evolved from, the absence of the gene in negative people is puzzling. Some scientists believe that the absence is simply due to a mutation. *shrug*

One theory I've read is that the passage in the bible that refers to the 'sons of god taking the daughters of men and bearing children with them so that there were giants in the land' is an indicator that people with negative blood are descendants of angelic spirits who mated with humans. There there are the alien sites, who swear that negative blood people are reptillians who are the result of abductions and experiments. And it gets wilder from there. lol

Some of the traits that appear to be common with people of a negative blood type are eyes that change colors, and a higher rate of psychic experiences.

Anyone else ever looked into this? I'm not sure what I think about it, in the grand scheme of things probably not that important, but I do find it interesting. :)

(Everything I've said here is based on internet research that may or may not be reliable, so if some facts are incorrect please correct me. lol)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#2 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Mom is O neg and I was 'typed' O neg at birth. Because of this, my obstetrician was very concerned (there were no 'immunization' shots back then) but typed me again and I'm really O pos. He thinks Mom's doc just assumed! Good thing there were no complications.

I can tell you my mother's hazel eyes haven't changed color since birth and as far as I know, she's about as psychic as a doorknob. On the other hand, my eyes, which are normally dark brown, get almost black when I'm severely pissed and although I'm not super-psychic, I do have some ability in that area.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#3 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Mom is O neg and I was 'typed' O neg at birth. Because of this, my obstetrician was very concerned (there were no 'immunization' shots back then) but typed me again and I'm really O pos. He thinks Mom's doc just assumed! Good thing there were no complications.

I can tell you my mother's hazel eyes haven't changed color since birth and as far as I know, she's about as psychic as a doorknob. On the other hand, my eyes, which are normally dark brown, get almost black when I'm severely pissed and although I'm not super-psychic, I do have some ability in that area.

Yeah my Dad is negative, and most doorknobs are way more psychic than him I'm sure. lol

My eyes are hazel too and get darker when I'm mad, but mostly they just appear bright blue or bright green. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the blue vs. green, I thought it was the colors I was wearing, the lighting, etc. but each time I think I've nailed down what makes them appear one or the other, they prove me wrong.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#4 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yeah my Dad is negative, and most doorknobs are way more psychic than him I'm sure. lol

My eyes are hazel too and get darker when I'm mad, but mostly they just appear bright blue or bright green. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the blue vs. green, I thought it was the colors I was wearing, the lighting, etc. but each time I think I've nailed down what makes them appear one or the other, they prove me wrong.

I'm O-. Never done any research in it though from what you said, I might. I've got the traits you list, but then again those are just traits in my family. I tend to have burgundy/brown coloured eyes when I'm happy, a dull brown when I'm bored and they take on an ambery colour when I'm sad and turn black when angry.

#5 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm O-. Never done any research in it though from what you said, I might. I've got the traits you list, but then again those are just traits in my family. I tend to have burgundy/brown coloured eyes when I'm happy, a dull brown when I'm bored and they take on an ambery colour when I'm sad and turn black when angry.

They are traits in my family too, but then, I believe the rhesus factor is genetic, so could the people in your family that share those traits also share the O- type? Several in my family do share the characteristics, but they don't work with it. My Dad is the only one that has the blood type, but has none of the characteristics (unless he keeps them VERY well hidden).

#6 Guest_MissTree_*

Guest_MissTree_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

Fascinating topic Aloe!
I hadn't thought about it, but it could explain the eye color changes in myself and some of my family members. My eyes are usually grey-blue. They turn darker blue when I'm in pain or angry. Dad's & sis's eyes do the same. It's been a nice "barometer" for their emotions. Lol, they may have the best poker faces, but their eyes always tell the true story. (suppose that goes for me too) I'm interested to research our blood types now. Thanks for the food for thought! :-)

(edited for a couple whoops with punctuation.)

Edited by MissTree, 24 March 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#7 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

Fascinating topic Aloe!
I hadn't thought about it, but it could explain the eye color changes in myself and some of my family members. My eyes are usually grey-blue. They turn darker blue when I'm in pain or angry. Dad's & sis's eyes do the same. It's been a nice "barometer" for their emotions. Lol, they may have the best poker faces, but their eyes always tell the true story. (suppose that goes for me too) I'm interested to research our blood types now. Thanks for the food for thought! :-)

(edited for a couple whoops with punctuation.)

You're quite welcome, it'll be interesting to see what they are. :)

#8 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

Some of the traits that appear to be common with people of a negative blood type are eyes that change colours, and a higher rate of psychic experiences.

Anyone else ever looked into this? I'm not sure what I think about it, in the grand scheme of things probably not that important, but I do find it interesting. :)

Very odd information. I'm negative but not O-, so very rare. Only 14% of the population is of a negative blood type. The shots do work. My Dad is O- and may be a bit telepathic. I certainly am PSI prone as are others in my extended family. Really don't buy into the lizard conspiracy theories.

My eyes are dark blue and change a lot with color worn, from violet to very green. Perhaps eyes with less pigment change with blood flow more than darker more pigmented eyes, or reflect more of colours worn?

Some people have a parasympathetic nervous system that is stronger than the sympathetic. These folks enter trance states more readily. Non-normal mental states are associated with PSI phenomena in parapsychology studies.

The HISS of the Asp book website has a list of traits of those who are PSI prone. They align quite nicely with traits of parasympathetic dominance.

#9 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

I'm not o- but I'm something neg that required the ro-gram (sp) shot. And the blood bank calls me sometimes for blood becuase my type is hardish to find. My eyes are green, but at times they get gold tints to them. Psychicnesss is not my forte, lol, so don't know where that fits in. But again, I'm not o. Maybe o's are a throw back to the "missing link" ....

M

#10 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

Some of the traits that appear to be common with people of a negative blood type are eyes that change colours, and a higher rate of psychic experiences.

Very odd information. I'm negative but not O-, so very rare. Only 14% of the population is of a negative blood type. The shots do work. My Dad is O- and may be a bit telepathic. I certainly am PSI prone as are others in my extended family. Really don't buy into the lizard conspiracy theories.

My eyes are dark blue and change a lot with color worn, from violet to very green. Perhaps eyes with less pigment change with blood flow more than darker more pigmented eyes, or reflect more of colours worn?

Some people have a parasympathetic nervous system that is stronger than the sympathetic. These folks enter trance states more readily. Non-normal mental states are associated with PSI phenomena in parapsychology studies.

The HISS of the Asp book website has a list of traits of those who are PSI prone. They align quite nicely with traits of parasympathetic dominance.

Interesting, while I'm a negative too and my eyes darken depending on what emotion I'm entertaining at the time. My Father was a negative. I'll have to research some of this, and garner my own thoughts of it. I found it astounding that if what you post is true, the 14% really is wildly amazing statistics.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#11 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:14 AM

Interesting, while I'm a negative too and my eyes darken depending on what emotion I'm entertaining at the time. My Father was a negative. I'll have to research some of this, and garner my own thoughts of it. I found it astounding that if what you post is true, the 14% really is wildly amazing statistics.

Regards,
Gypsy

The negative trait comes from the father, not the mother. I don't remember all the details of blood inheritance but do remember that. My mother and I have the same blood type but I inherited the negative from my Dad. None of my siblings did. I remember the 14% from the hematologist I had to see every few weeks when pregnant. I also had to get blood tested for antibodies every few weeks during pregnancy. In the past women with negative blood could only have one reliably healthy baby with positive blood, during labour and birth the maternal and fetal blood mixes. Subsequent babies would be "blue babies" if they had positive blood type. If they survived they would be mentally impaired from the attack of the mother's antibodies.

It is nice to be living in a time with the medical technology to prevent this. It must have been awful for women in the past who had negative blood types and would loose children or be blamed for not being successful at pregnancy and birth.

Sapphire

#12 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

Regards,
Gypsy

I think this site is reliable, I've come across similar statistics several other places. The information is consistent with what my doctor told me when she informed that I'd need the shot.

http://www.babycente...-screen_1480.bc

"What is my "Rh status" and why do I need to know it?
Early in your pregnancy your blood will be tested to determine your blood type and your Rh status — that is, whether you have the Rh (Rhesus) factor, a protein that most people have on the surface of their red blood cells. If you do have the Rh factor, as most people do, your status is Rh-positive. (About 85 percent of Caucasians are Rh-positive, as are 90 to 95 percent of African Americans and 98 to 99 percent of Asian Americans.) If you don't have it, you're Rh-negative, and you'll need to take certain precautions during your pregnancy.

If you're Rh-negative, there's a good chance that your blood is incompatible with your baby's blood, which is likely to be Rh-positive. You probably won't know this for sure until the baby is born, but in most cases you have to assume it, just to be safe.

Being "Rh-incompatible" isn't likely to harm you or your baby during this pregnancy, if it's your first. But if your baby's blood leaks into yours (as it can at certain times during pregnancy and at birth), your immune system will start to produce antibodies against this Rh-positive blood. If that happens, you'll become "Rh-sensitized" — and the next time you're pregnant with an Rh-positive baby, those antibodies may attack your baby's blood. Fortunately, you can avoid becoming Rh-sensitized by getting an injection of a drug called Rh immune globulin whenever there's a chance that your blood has been exposed to your baby's blood.

If you're Rh-negative and you've been pregnant before but didn't get this shot, another routine prenatal blood test will tell you whether you already have the antibodies that attack Rh-positive blood. (You could have them even if you miscarried the baby, had an abortion, or had an ectopic pregnancy.) If you do have the antibodies, it's too late to get the shot, and if your baby is Rh-positive, he's likely to have some problems. If you don't have the antibodies, then the shot will protect you from developing them."

#13 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

If you do have the antibodies, it's too late to get the shot, and if your baby is Rh-positive, he's likely to have some problems. If you don't have the antibodies, then the shot will protect you from developing them."

Make sure you keep track of getting the shot after birth. The shot must be administered within 48 hours of giving birth. The nursing staff at the hospital where I gave birth lost track and I had to contact the Dr to insist I got the shot. If I hadn't done a lot of reading and informed myself, I wouldn't have gotten the shot in time. My Dr was really angry...

Sapphire

#14 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

The negative trait comes from the father, not the mother. I don't remember all the details of blood inheritance but do remember that. My mother and I have the same blood type but I inherited the negative from my Dad. None of my siblings did. I remember the 14% from the hematologist I had to see every few weeks when pregnant. I also had to get blood tested for antibodies every few weeks during pregnancy. In the past women with negative blood could only have one reliably healthy baby with positive blood, during labour and birth the maternal and fetal blood mixes. Subsequent babies would be "blue babies" if they had positive blood type. If they survived they would be mentally impaired from the attack of the mother's antibodies.

It is nice to be living in a time with the medical technology to prevent this. It must have been awful for women in the past who had negative blood types and would loose children or be blamed for not being successful at pregnancy and birth.

Sapphire

Interesting Sapphire, I spoke to my Sister and she told me that our Mother is a positive, as well as my Sister, my brother was a positive, yet I'm the only one who inherited the negative from my Father who also was a negative. Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth when I was born, they didn't have the technology for this. I wonder if my premature birth could of been a result of this inheritance from my Father, I was under 2 pounds when I was born my Mother has often remarked to me, that she was so glad that when I got to be 5 lbs, I got to come home from the base hospital. I vaguely remember when I had my children, that some kind of shot was discussed, yet all 3 sons inherited the positive from the sperm donor, not one of my son's have the negative. Interesting topic, I must say.
Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#15 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

I thought this was really interesting and I have had to do my own research as my husband is o neg but im o pos. Awhile back I wasn't sure if I had to get the shot or not. Appanently I wont have to (yay!)

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter which parent carries it because my granny was o neg and my aunt was too even though my grandaddy was A pos as well (as my dad). Both granny and my aunt had get the shots. I'm not sure about the psychic thing but my eyes change color and I'm not a neg. Must be something a little deeper in the genetic code. Maybe is a witch thing or witch potential thing I don't know.

As for the theories out there, I'm not going to lie I had a blast reading those. Its like a scifi novel and its amazing that people put their whole lives in to figuring this shit out. Lol.

#16 Vixen

Vixen

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

I found this really interesting, I never knew that it mattered if you were negative or positive. I also didn't know that there was a connection between being negative and having eyes that can change. I'm O- as far as i remember although now i think i'll check next time i go for a blood test, but my eyes are very dark brown and i'm pretty sure they don't change. I'm interested to see if my brother is neg though.
I love looking into hereditary things things like this, I want to make a family tree but have no time Posted Image

thanx Aloe for starting this topic

Vixen

Sometimes we cannot have to keep

Many things we can never take home

Enjoy that which is offered

And know it is

As it should be

Accept.

Anji Alexander

#17 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Interesting how many rare blood typed people we have here! Neat thread.

I'm O, but I'm not sure if I'm pos or neg... I'll have to ask my mum.

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#18 Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch

Mistress of havok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

Wow, very interesting thread, especially since I just had a baby. I'm O+ with dark brown eyes with psychic abilities and I've been told that when my temper flares my eyes go black. I don't know about the eyes thing, but I've been told that, so I don't know if it's linked to blood or not. I know my father has O+ like I do and he has light colored eyes that change color depending on the mood he's in. I can tell you that I have something rare in my blood, not sure what, but when I give blood, they always mark it as rare and told me that I might have some rare antibodies or something.

I find this fascinating that the things associated with O- blood types I have going on with O+. As for my mom, I'm not sure what she is, but we think she's O+ the same as me and my father. We don't believe she has negative type blood because nothing was brought up about any of this when she was pregnant with me or my brother.

Age does not bring with it wisdom. Wisdom comes with experience.

#19 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm not sure of my blood type, I should know, I've had plenty taken from me. My eyes change depth of colour though, often.
They are green with a bluey ring around them, sometimes the go very dark, sometimes very bright green, depending on my mood.

Anita.

#20 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

It seems we have alot of people here with "Mood eyes". My are smokey blue/ gray with a slight yellow ring near the pupil and a black ring around the outside. They change from near colbalt blue, to teal, to light blue, light gray and dark grey. I don't know which mood corresponds with what color. I think this is pretty neat. What are some other people's eye color?