Sign in to follow this  
Wyrd

Asthma and Circulatory Aid

Thanks for the tips, sounds like I need to invest in a juicer! :)

The wonders of technology! Used to be juicers cost around US$400. Thinking I'd give this recipe a go, I picked one up at Walmart today for $40. (They had a cheaper one but it won't handle vegetables.) I can see where it would be a major pain to do this with a blender & then strain. The juicer was a mess!

First teaspoon only took about a minute to feel - it definitely did a blood rush but y'know, hot flashes aren't something I need help with right now! Still, I'll give it a few days to see if I notice anything further. I'm one of those nasty smokers so any help with those effects is always welcome. Didn't taste bad, either, which is a bonus.

I just made this - and made a HUGE mess and lost half of it due to my blender blowing up on me. It was blending away and all of a sudden stuff started coming out of the bottom of the canister so I picked it up to see if it needed tightened, held it over the sink to tighten it, and before I could touch it the bottom fell off and half my stuff fell into the sink. :censored: I saved about half of it and finished up with the ginger in the food processor and then strained. (I used doubled cheesecloth and it worked OK...) I took a spoonful the first time and felt a nice ginger warmth, waited a bit and then took a tablespoon. Feels good on the stomach, no major changes yet though. I've been having some difficulty with my ears in the mornings so I'm hoping this will help out when I get up tomorrow. :)

Oh, my local supermarket doesn't carry organic produce, so I wasn't able to get organic stuff.

Also forgot to add that my little one came by and took a drink of the juice while I was cleaning up the blender mess, it looked so pinky-orange and pretty she thought it would taste sweet, poor thing got quite a shock. lol

The mental images i was getting here cracked me up !!! Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me lol!

The mental images i was getting here cracked me up !!! Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me lol!

Ha, yeah unfortunately things like this are a common occurance around here. If I can do magic you'd think I could prepare food without making a gawd awful mess.... :rolleyes_witch:

My 'juice' turned so chunky and nasty looking that I've tossed it till I get a juicer so I can do this the right way. Just randomly chewing on a fresh piece of ginger in the meantime...

I've been using it since the weekend. The day I started it my nose started running and I was sneezing a lot - would have thought I was getting a cold excpet that I didn't feel sick and my cigs didn't taste off. Anyway, the running and sneezing kept up (and has finally let off today) and I haven't had any sinus headaches and my head feels very clear. I wonder if that was my sinuses clearing themselves?

M

Guest MissTree

Word to the wise....DO NOT use this while on a separate detox fast. Wait until you're done fasting to try this!

:scared:

*applying ice to traumatized ass*

Ha, yeah unfortunately things like this are a common occurance around here. If I can do magic you'd think I could prepare food without making a gawd awful mess.... :rolleyes_witch:

My 'juice' turned so chunky and nasty looking that I've tossed it till I get a juicer so I can do this the right way. Just randomly chewing on a fresh piece of ginger in the meantime...

Aloe,

you have totally convinced me that I am NOT trying this until I get one too - I am such a messy cook that the blender method is bound to turn out BADDDDDD! :sickwitch:

Word to the wise....DO NOT use this while on a separate detox fast. Wait until you're done fasting to try this!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mixed up a batch today, using my blender...

I don't have anything I can strain it with, so I have a glass of smoothie, that actually goes down very well... Smells horrendous and tastes worse, but, truth is in the eating as they say...

I need to be a little careful, due to having a stomach issue, but, doesn't seem to affect it too much...

Oh no! LOL!!!!!!! :blobfire:

Look, I've read all the above posts and I've thought about it and I so want to try this. But I'm such a wimp; will someone please tell me I can do it without the onion!:cauldron04:

. And I think if one added olive oil and garilc cloves and walnuts it would be a very nice salad dressing!

M

Although looking at it in that light, Michele makes it sound a lot more attractive. It would certainly be more palatable that way rather than jellyish on a spoon. I'm inclined to think I'd rather try eye of newt (etc) than raw red onion juice on a spoon.

Although looking at it in that light, Michele makes it sound a lot more attractive. It would certainly be more palatable that way rather than jellyish on a spoon. I'm inclined to think I'd rather try eye of newt (etc) than raw red onion juice on a spoon.

It's not that bad, the grapefruit and ginger help out. And it's definitely easier when it's fresh, before it sits in the fridge all night.

I cannot believe how this forum always delivers an answer within days of a problem/question occurring in my life. A few days ago someone close to me was saying how their 5-year-old is suffering from asthma that seems to only be getting worse and nothing is helping. I have sent her these instructions and asked her to let me know if it helps. Thank you so much for the recipe, I have high hopes for this one.

Hi Absinthe,

Unfortunately the recipe is a synergistic combination of all three ingredients, and as such it will only work when complete. The taste is subjective and really doesn't last very long, but if you want the benefits, I can suggest that you get some natural peppermints (real, not flavored).

:)

I cannot believe how this forum always delivers an answer within days of a problem/question occurring in my life. A few days ago someone close to me was saying how their 5-year-old is suffering from asthma that seems to only be getting worse and nothing is helping. I have sent her these instructions and asked her to let me know if it helps. Thank you so much for the recipe, I have high hopes for this one.

Your welcome

:)

Flavourwise this isn't too bad, but, due to a stomach problem I have,it is like drinking battery acid for me...

Like I say in my case it is purely and simply due to a stomach issue...

I've been sittin' back reviewing this post and all the threads there-in, on and off. Somehow, this post strikes as such wisdom to me as I will be starting my personal cleanse this week, and how convienant for me, that I do not have a juicer yet to get all worked up about the mess of a blender. Or the mess perhaps in my knickers. :rolleyes_witch: So thank you Miss Tree, for such profound words of *** applying ice to traumatized ass ***.

Regards,

Gypsy

Thanks Wyrd for this. My bro -in law has just come out of hosp after a horrid asthma attack, brought on by his working conditions. Will try this on him. Will try and remember to tell him about not detoxing at the same time :blobfire: he he. By the sounds of it, it is definitely worth him trying it, at the mo he sounds like a creaking gate and he keeps losing his voice. I know stress is involved so he has got to fix his head as well (may have to find another remedy for that).

Have decided not to tell him about the possible cleansing effects. I'm nice but sometimes it's fun to be naughty and at least he won't be worrying about his asthma

Thanks Wyrd for this. My bro -in law has just come out of hosp after a horrid asthma attack, brought on by his working conditions. Will try this on him. Will try and remember to tell him about not detoxing at the same time :blobfire: he he. By the sounds of it, it is definitely worth him trying it, at the mo he sounds like a creaking gate and he keeps losing his voice. I know stress is involved so he has got to fix his head as well (may have to find another remedy for that).

Have decided not to tell him about the possible cleansing effects. I'm nice but sometimes it's fun to be naughty and at least he won't be worrying about his asthma

Your welcome Orchid Moon,

I'm sure that when your bro-in law takes the first dose, he wont look back, it really works that quickly :)

As for the " :blobfire: " cleansing effects that only happens if you are taking other products to empty things out, if you know what I mean :D, the liver cleansing go's pretty much unnoticed except for a feeling of improved wellbeing, and a very gradual improvement with hair, nails and skin.

Flavourwise this isn't too bad, but, due to a stomach problem I have,it is like drinking battery acid for me...

Like I say in my case it is purely and simply due to a stomach issue...

I actually took some of this (mine is chewable as I don't have a juicer) when my stomach was upset and found it extremely settling - I was expecting to bring it back up, but it settled my stomach almost immediately. Ginger, although a spice, is very soothing on the stomach.

M

I'm sure the effects would be worth the taste but my reaction to the thought of that raw onion: :vomit:Come on, Absinthe; witch up and just do it!

Edited: The point of this post was an amusing vomiting smiley. But it just showed the word vomit. Never mind.

Edited by Absinthe

I'm sure the effects would be worth the taste but my reaction to the thought of that raw onion.....:yucky: :vomit:Come on, Absinthe; witch up and just do it!

But you've had raw onion on salad or hamburger??? Honestly the main taste is grapefruit, at least in the batch I made up... I actually like the way it tasted. I made some for me mum and she did too... she's going to use it on her salads as a dressing.

M

Ginger, although a spice, is very soothing on the stomach.

M

ginger is soothing - thats why all the experts recommend eating ginger snaps if you are having morning sickness, when pregnant, and it worked for me.:chakrahearts:

I made up a batch at the weekend and have been taking two tablespoons a day, morning and evening. I am amazed at the result in only two days! I am feeling so much better. Will persevere with this, but so far am definitely a fan!!

I made up a batch at the weekend and have been taking two tablespoons a day, morning and evening. I am amazed at the result in only two days! I am feeling so much better. Will persevere with this, but so far am definitely a fan!!

I'm glad to read that your a fan, thank you :)

Sign in to follow this