• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Rustling Leaves

Rustling Leaves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Flavourwise this isn't too bad, but, due to a stomach problem I have,it is like drinking battery acid for me...

Like I say in my case it is purely and simply due to a stomach issue...

#42 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

Word to the wise....DO NOT use this while on a separate detox fast. Wait until you're done fasting to try this!
:scared:

*applying ice to traumatized ass*

I've been sittin' back reviewing this post and all the threads there-in, on and off. Somehow, this post strikes as such wisdom to me as I will be starting my personal cleanse this week, and how convienant for me, that I do not have a juicer yet to get all worked up about the mess of a blender. Or the mess perhaps in my knickers. :rolleyes_witch: So thank you Miss Tree, for such profound words of *** applying ice to traumatized ass ***.
Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#43 Orchid Moon

Orchid Moon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thanks Wyrd for this. My bro -in law has just come out of hosp after a horrid asthma attack, brought on by his working conditions. Will try this on him. Will try and remember to tell him about not detoxing at the same time :blobfire: he he. By the sounds of it, it is definitely worth him trying it, at the mo he sounds like a creaking gate and he keeps losing his voice. I know stress is involved so he has got to fix his head as well (may have to find another remedy for that).

Have decided not to tell him about the possible cleansing effects. I'm nice but sometimes it's fun to be naughty and at least he won't be worrying about his asthma

In Witchcraft, each of us must reveal our own truth

#44 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Wyrd for this. My bro -in law has just come out of hosp after a horrid asthma attack, brought on by his working conditions. Will try this on him. Will try and remember to tell him about not detoxing at the same time :blobfire: he he. By the sounds of it, it is definitely worth him trying it, at the mo he sounds like a creaking gate and he keeps losing his voice. I know stress is involved so he has got to fix his head as well (may have to find another remedy for that).

Have decided not to tell him about the possible cleansing effects. I'm nice but sometimes it's fun to be naughty and at least he won't be worrying about his asthma

Your welcome Orchid Moon,

I'm sure that when your bro-in law takes the first dose, he wont look back, it really works that quickly :)

As for the " :blobfire: " cleansing effects that only happens if you are taking other products to empty things out, if you know what I mean :D, the liver cleansing go's pretty much unnoticed except for a feeling of improved wellbeing, and a very gradual improvement with hair, nails and skin.

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#45 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Flavourwise this isn't too bad, but, due to a stomach problem I have,it is like drinking battery acid for me...

Like I say in my case it is purely and simply due to a stomach issue...

I actually took some of this (mine is chewable as I don't have a juicer) when my stomach was upset and found it extremely settling - I was expecting to bring it back up, but it settled my stomach almost immediately. Ginger, although a spice, is very soothing on the stomach.

M

#46 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

I'm sure the effects would be worth the taste but my reaction to the thought of that raw onion: :vomit:Come on, Absinthe; witch up and just do it!

Edited: The point of this post was an amusing vomiting smiley. But it just showed the word vomit. Never mind.

Edited by Absinthe, 13 March 2011 - 11:03 PM.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude

#47 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

I'm sure the effects would be worth the taste but my reaction to the thought of that raw onion.....:yucky: :vomit:Come on, Absinthe; witch up and just do it!

But you've had raw onion on salad or hamburger??? Honestly the main taste is grapefruit, at least in the batch I made up... I actually like the way it tasted. I made some for me mum and she did too... she's going to use it on her salads as a dressing.

M

#48 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

Ginger, although a spice, is very soothing on the stomach.

M

ginger is soothing - thats why all the experts recommend eating ginger snaps if you are having morning sickness, when pregnant, and it worked for me.:chakrahearts:

#49 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

I made up a batch at the weekend and have been taking two tablespoons a day, morning and evening. I am amazed at the result in only two days! I am feeling so much better. Will persevere with this, but so far am definitely a fan!!
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#50 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

I made up a batch at the weekend and have been taking two tablespoons a day, morning and evening. I am amazed at the result in only two days! I am feeling so much better. Will persevere with this, but so far am definitely a fan!!

I'm glad to read that your a fan, thank you :)

Wyrd

#51 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

It's been a while now, and I wanted to know if any of you have experienced wild, vivid or strange dreams while taking this at night?

Although I have experienced vibrant and lucid dreams, and have a better recall in the morning, I've not had any strange experiences with it. After sharing the Asthma and Circulatory Aid with everyone here on the forum, I shared it with some friends and coworkers, many of them mentioned strange and wild dreams, and some were even frightened enough to discontinue taking a dose at night.

Has anyone here had that kind of thing happen, or anything strange for that matter.

Just curious

Wyrd

#52 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

I almost always have vivid dreams so I didn't notice anything different.

BUT, I think I've found another use: hangover remedy! I'm tiny & don't metabolize alcohol well. I generally don't sleep well at all and usually have at least a headache the next morning. We recently returned from a short vacation in Hawai'i and I should have had a whopper of a hangover each morning - the hotel bartenders made a marvelous Mai Tai. A swig of this stuff plus two glasses of water and I was good to go each morning. I know I'm going to be drinking again this weekend so am going to try it before I go to bed. Maybe the immediate detox will let me sleep all the way through the night. Will keep you posted!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#53 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for sharing, Wyrd. I've added to my wish list: one juicer! I've had an awful on-the-verge sinus infection just barely lingering for about three weeks now... not enough even to go to the docs but I feel like my face is full of chopped paper and glue... perhaps a trip to the mall this weekend is in order!

I'm curious to see how the raw onion juice goes down - normally raw onion gives me heartburn... we'll see!

MW, excellent discovery! :D

Edit: ordered my juicer from amazon! *waiting anxiously*

Edited by Vermilion, 24 March 2011 - 12:19 AM.

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#54 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

I almost always have vivid dreams so I didn't notice anything different.

BUT, I think I've found another use: hangover remedy! I'm tiny & don't metabolize alcohol well. I generally don't sleep well at all and usually have at least a headache the next morning. We recently returned from a short vacation in Hawai'i and I should have had a whopper of a hangover each morning - the hotel bartenders made a marvelous Mai Tai. A swig of this stuff plus two glasses of water and I was good to go each morning. I know I'm going to be drinking again this weekend so am going to try it before I go to bed. Maybe the immediate detox will let me sleep all the way through the night. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for sharing your experience with it MW, It is a powerful liver cleanser so that would make sense, I will remember to try this the next time I have a few :cheers: purely for research though, not that I would ever drink for pleasure :no:

Please keep us posted

Wyrd

#55 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for sharing, Wyrd. I've added to my wish list: one juicer! I've had an awful on-the-verge sinus infection just barely lingering for about three weeks now... not enough even to go to the docs but I feel like my face is full of chopped paper and glue... perhaps a trip to the mall this weekend is in order!

I'm curious to see how the raw onion juice goes down - normally raw onion gives me heartburn... we'll see!

MW, excellent discovery! :D

Edit: ordered my juicer from amazon! *waiting anxiously*

Your welcome, Vermilion.

I hope your juicer arrives soon. So far no one that I know have reported heartburn issues, I think that the ginger helps with that.

Keep us posted

Wyrd

#56 Sapphire

Sapphire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

coworkers, many of them mentioned strange and wild dreams, and some were even frightened enough to discontinue taking a dose at night.

Has anyone here had that kind of thing happen, or anything strange for that matter.

The alternative medicine system I follow is based on how the acid & alkaline balance affects the central nervous system. Grapefruit (and other citrus, but especially grapefruit) is the most alkalizing food that can be eaten. Some people who have a very strong rest and digest (parasympathetic) branch of their central nervous system are already very alkaline. Myself included. I would take the garlic and ginger but am not allowed citrus. The alkalizing effects of the grapefruit will make a strong parasympathetic system even stronger leading to lucid dreams and perhaps some symptoms of depression.

I try to eat acidifying foods that do the opposite and strengthen the weaker (for me) "fight and flight" sympathetic side.

Everyone is unique. People with autoimmune problems and allergies tend to be to alkaline. Grapefruit could cause crazy dreaming, tiredness, fatigue, increased allergies. Carrot juice could be substituted for the grapefruit in that case.

For people who have a strong sympathetic system, the grapefruit will make them feel fantastic.

If you blood pressure tends to be low, you breath slowly, dream a lot, have very pink ears, like to stay up and sleep late, and have allergies, grapefruit might not agree with you.

If you are peppy, high energy, wake early in AM, have pale ears, get goose bumps easily, then grapefruit may make you feel really, really good.

Fast way to tell is to take 50mg niacin. If you flush like mad quickly, you are parasympathetic dominant, almost no flush you are sympathetic dominant. In between, you are naturally balanced.

#57 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

The alternative medicine system I follow is based on how the acid & alkaline balance affects the central nervous system. Grapefruit (and other citrus, but especially grapefruit) is the most alkalizing food that can be eaten. Some people who have a very strong rest and digest (parasympathetic) branch of their central nervous system are already very alkaline. Myself included. I would take the garlic and ginger but am not allowed citrus. The alkalizing effects of the grapefruit will make a strong parasympathetic system even stronger leading to lucid dreams and perhaps some symptoms of depression.

I try to eat acidifying foods that do the opposite and strengthen the weaker (for me) "fight and flight" sympathetic side.

Everyone is unique. People with autoimmune problems and allergies tend to be to alkaline. Grapefruit could cause crazy dreaming, tiredness, fatigue, increased allergies. Carrot juice could be substituted for the grapefruit in that case.

For people who have a strong sympathetic system, the grapefruit will make them feel fantastic.

If you blood pressure tends to be low, you breath slowly, dream a lot, have very pink ears, like to stay up and sleep late, and have allergies, grapefruit might not agree with you.

If you are peppy, high energy, wake early in AM, have pale ears, get goose bumps easily, then grapefruit may make you feel really, really good.

Fast way to tell is to take 50mg niacin. If you flush like mad quickly, you are parasympathetic dominant, almost no flush you are sympathetic dominant. In between, you are naturally balanced.

Thank you for sharing, Very interesting insight Sapphire.

I've not heard of " parasympathetic dominant / sympathetic dominant " before, you've prompted me to do some research.

Wyrd

#58 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Update

If you add between half to one teaspoon of Potassium Chloride it will lower blood pressure.

:)

Wyrd

#59 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I am revisiting this thread because I live off of salads, which also means I live off of salad dressings, lol. I wanted a simple and easy fat-free home-made salad dressing made from non-processed foods. So I chucked this recipe into the food processor, and added a bit of pear-infused balsamic vinegar as a preservative. It is actually very nice (mine is spicy as I like spice so I put in a lot of ginger). I might try adding some chick-peas for thickening and/or maybe some ground up almonds or walnuts would be a nice addition too (I get most of my protein from nuts and beans). But for now, it made a lovely salad dressing. If you want sweeter you can add an orange.. possibly even some berries.

M

#60 Indigo Fae

Indigo Fae

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thankyou for sharing this remedy! My son (and I to an extent) suffers from respiratory issues which are generally dealt with with an inhaler, but I find they don't always work and prefer to use natural remedies where possible. So definitely want to give this a try, although I do have a question, which doesn't seem to have been asked/covered....

Do you have to take it on a regular basis or just when needed? Also do you have to take it twice a day? Or should you just kind of play around and see what works best and what your body needs?

I am planning on getting a juicer so this will probably be one of the first things I try :cauldron: hehe xxx

".....The willow reminds us to take heed of this lesson:- Keep growing and reaching higher, no matter where you were planted"