21 replies to this topic

#21 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Hiya!
Ever since reading "The Way of Wyrd" I have become aware of the power of the runes. I have a store-bought set, which I like, and I would love to learn more about them. So, I registered on the new forum and it looks really nice! It looks welcoming! Love the idea of the Mead Hall too!
Kind regs,
Heks

"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#22 odahviing

odahviing

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hi gang,

I just wanted to make a one time announcement that my new, dedicated Rune forum is up and running for anyone interested in some in-depth rune discussion, including associated lore and history, as well as the Sagas and Eddas, Norse mythology, etc..
There are plenty of forums out there on the Tarot, or Astrology, but I couldn't find a dedicated Rune forum on the Internet (well, okay, I found ONE but it's not in English, and another great source is pay-only and is actually a mailing list, not a forum, per se cool.gif )
There were times when I really wanted to sink my teeth into discussing certain runes, but all the most relevant forums I found were primarily Asatru or Odinist sites, where the rune section was but one small facet, not the primary topic, and relatively quiet.
So I figured.. if I build it, they will come...
I hope!
If anyone is interested in joining, (which of course is free) the process works like this: fill out the registration form; it then has to be approved, then you are sent an activation link. I didn't automate things in order to keep out spambots, who nearly overran the last forum I tried to make.

Stop by and let me know what you think! It will probably always be something of a work in progress, steadily improving, but I think it's' ready for prime time now.
Hope to see some of you there.

http://www.phrets.com/runeforum

-Grymm

Wow, this is going to be a site for me. (After I get better acquainted here, though.)  :thankyou:

Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!