23 replies to this topic

#1 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

First off i want to thank everyone for sending me such great pieces of art! I loved seeing them all, and really felt a great energy from all teh pictures. But this is a contest, and I have to name one winner and that winner is:

Vermillion

Congratulations!

(I need you to send me better quality images of your pictures as well. While the ones you sent are clear and really great; I need a little better quality)

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#2 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Congrats, Vermilion! I'm anxious to see the piece, too!

#3 Orchid Moon

Orchid Moon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Congrats, can't wait to see the winning entry
In Witchcraft, each of us must reveal our own truth

#4 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Congrats!!!

#5 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Congradulations Vermilion !! :cheers:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Cool!! Post the winning pic - I wanna see...

M

#7 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

Thank you! I am flattered and very very excited to see how you use the pictures. :)

I will work on getting some better shots for you. PM me with which you prefer, the timeframe, res required, etc, please!

Posted Image

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#8 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Thank you! I am flattered and very very excited to see how you use the pictures. :)

I will work on getting some better shots for you. PM me with which you prefer, the timeframe, res required, etc, please!

Posted Image

Well Done! Can't wait to see it - good job you got the name changed in time, so you can get your new name on it!! x

#9 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hey, well done! Can't wait to see the pictures.
:)

P

#10 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

Thanks! I sent over the good copies of the photos tonight, so perhaps soon... I would post them myself, but I'd want RF to make the final call as to whether they be unveiled before or after their incorporation....
~ V ~

#11 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

Thanks! I sent over the good copies of the photos tonight, so perhaps soon... I would post them myself, but I'd want RF to make the final call as to whether they be unveiled before or after their incorporation....

if you want to post them go right ahead.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#12 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

Attached File  dual seated lady.jpg   332.83KB   32 downloads this was done as a relief and was then inked and printed on paper
Attached File  pidgeons in london.jpg   220.4KB   34 downloads this was taken during my trip across the pond
Attached File  harbour balcony.jpg   390.49KB   33 downloads this was a relief done and was then inked and printed
Attached File  combe figure.jpg   181.04KB   34 downloads this was done with ink and a steel comb - it's probably one of my favourites

~ V ~

#13 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Attached File  dual seated lady.jpg   332.83KB   32 downloads this was done as a relief and was then inked and printed on paper
Attached File  pidgeons in london.jpg   220.4KB   34 downloads this was taken during my trip across the pond
Attached File  harbour balcony.jpg   390.49KB   33 downloads this was a relief done and was then inked and printed
Attached File  combe figure.jpg   181.04KB   34 downloads this was done with ink and a steel comb - it's probably one of my favourites

:applause: these are beautiful Vermillion, they are going to look great!

you're very talented!

winter night

#14 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

Those are awesome!

#15 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

Absolutely stunning work, Vermilion!! Wow....just wow!! :applause:

Elizabeth

#16 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Those are very cool Vermilion, the last one is my favorite too.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#17 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

:thankyou: I really need to get back into it once busy season is done at work.
~ V ~

#18 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

:thankyou: I really need to get back into it once busy season is done at work.

They are astounding Vermilion, I get the sense that this type of artistry would be a calming effect for you. The humanoid figure done by the comb,( the last one ) most facinating. I'm so glad you shared them, thank you. You are very talented. Please forgive my ignorance, as I'm not up on artists terms, but what does it mean " done as a relief, and was then..... " It sounds like a process of sorts. Thank you.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#19 Luna Solare

Luna Solare

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

Vermillion, your work is absolutely beautiful!! You make me want to run and paint :)Posted Image

#20 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

They are astounding Vermilion, I get the sense that this type of artistry would be a calming effect for you. The humanoid figure done by the comb,( the last one ) most facinating. I'm so glad you shared them, thank you. You are very talented. Please forgive my ignorance, as I'm not up on artists terms, but what does it mean " done as a relief, and was then..... " It sounds like a process of sorts. Thank you.

Regards,
Gypsy

Thanks CG! they were actually created as a giant stamp, then I made several prints in different colours on different papers. The dual figure was done with a glue of sorts, then scratched into for the background. The harbour was done with a kind of linoleum (known as lino-block) being scratched into and dug out with a carving tool, and then printed through a huge roller press.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It means a lot!

~ V ~