Synchronicity

Xaviera

Does anyone else have occasional periods of seeming 'synchronicity'? And if so, do you attach any particular significance to it? I'd be interested to hear if my experiences are similar to others'.

Does anyone else have occasional periods of seeming 'synchronicity'? And if so, do you attach any particular significance to it? I'd be interested to hear if my experiences are similar to others'.

Hate to sound dense, but can you explain? Do you mean things lining up specifically to bring certain events into fruition? If that's the case, yes. What kind of experiences have you had?

I love witnessing Synchonicity. Its when, to me, the world and universe is at its most magical, when i feel my most magical.

In way of an example, it seems to me when i have an issue i need resolving and i cant find a way 9 out of 10 times synchronistic events will occur to point me int he right direction, or give me some kind of sign to let me know im on the right path. This can happen in the form of so many things but for arguments sake maybe in text, the radio, the television. In what people say, lyrics in a song, i could go on and on. But again i have to say i LOVE it when it happens. I love being a part of synchronicity, makes me feel like a 5 year old :)

I love witnessing Synchonicity. Its when, to me, the world and universe is at its most magical, when i feel my most magical.

In way of an example, it seems to me when i have an issue i need resolving and i cant find a way 9 out of 10 times synchronistic events will occur to point me int he right direction, or give me some kind of sign to let me know im on the right path. This can happen in the form of so many things but for arguments sake maybe in text, the radio, the television. In what people say, lyrics in a song, i could go on and on. But again i have to say i LOVE it when it happens. I love being a part of synchronicity, makes me feel like a 5 year old :)

I would share the same thing as Dawn here - I think its less like coincidental things happening to you, and more like things happening with real purpose a bit like someone holding up a big sign which reads 'look - this is going to help you' and then this in turn leads you on to the next big sign etc.

It doesn't happen to me alot, but when it does it is usually when I am either down or have money worries and then stuff starts turning up all over the place. though is that just because at those times, they would be the times when I start doing workings with really powerful intent? hmm!;)

Like Dawn, I absolutely love it when this happens. I feel incredibly "juiced" and sure of myself and my path, at these times. Sometimes I think it's the best part of being a Witch-to be so aware of these things happening and reaping the benefits. :vhappywitch:

Elizabeth

Like Dawn, I absolutely love it when this happens. I feel incredibly "juiced" and sure of myself and my path, at these times. Sometimes I think it's the best part of being a Witch-to be so aware of these things happening and reaping the benefits. :vhappywitch:

Elizabeth

'juiced' is such a good description Elizabeth! I know just what you mean.:chakrahearts:

I feel that the smaller ones (e.g. hearing someone talk about a subject or use a specific word, and then within hours you see/read/hear about it again) as road signs or clues on my scavenger hunt of life.

When the bigger synchronicities happen... I like to think of these as either the fruits of my labours, or ancestors putting in a little dose of their Own for me, either to help out or guide/direct. :)

I agree, it is exhilerating (sp?) to see things go as planned. What thrills me even more is seeing things not go as planned, but have them work out even better than you planned in ways you would have never thought of. THAT's when I get the goosebumps and get that Connection.

Great thread!

Absinthe, had a good bout of sync. recently?

Elizabeth

Yes, I too have had this Synchronicity, but I never could find the proper word for it. Thanks for the illumination. When this happens to me, it's usually in 3's, and I get this strange high pitched humming ringing in my ears, and my hair on my arms stand at attention. Always brings a smile to my face. Has any one here felt this in a de ja vue, scenario ? The same damn thing happens to me with that too. So I have to decipher, is this current, or is this past.

Regards,

Gypsy

Great Post, Great Thread.

I'm so glad it's not just me. Thanks for your replies. Yes, I have a few days on the run where 'coincidences' throw themselves at me in such a concentration that it feels like a message. I googled the word 'synchronicity' to see if my definition and understanding was the same as others' This is what I got:

''a surprising concurrence of events, perceived as meaningfully related, with no apparent causal connection.''

Most of my bouts seem to have no relevance to anything but I can't believe they're there for no reason. A couple of days ago I had no less than seven unrelated mentions of baby alligators in one day (don't laugh). I can go years without hearing a word or phrase - then it comes from several (unconnected) directions at once. Many people experience this with a certain number that repeats itself, or turns up from different sources. A weird one was while I was reading a book set in Paris where a lot of the action took place in the police headquarters address (36 Quai des Orfevres). On the same day I saw a poster on a bus with a picture of that building. My husband mentioned it as he was doing some research online (he didn't know what my book was about). And later that night we turned the TV on and there was a film called '36' about two French detectives working there.

These are 'non-personal' examples that won't embarrass me - but, you get the idea. I suppose the point is to work out the relevance to one's own situation at the time and make use of the information - if you can decipher it.

One of the oddest thing's I've experienced seems to relate to synchronicity, but may be something else I'm not sure.

3 times when she was 3 years old, my child spoke to random strangers, and two of them she called by a specific name, and the other by an endearment name. Each time, I spoke up and explained to her that this person was not who she thought it was, and added that they must just remind her of the person who's name she was saying. And each time, the stranger spoke up and said "Wait, that is my name! Have we met before?" One man said that no one had called him by his real name since his Mother died since most call him by a nickname, but my child called him by his real name.

Very odd.

Guest willynilly

I had to look it up too. I really need to read some of Jung's stuff. I have had days where things seem so weird and by the end of the day or week it all comes together.

I really need to read some of Jung's stuff. I have had days where things seem so weird and by the end of the day or week it all comes together.

I dunno Willy, I've never read any of Jung's stuff, although I have respect for those that do and can grasp that knowledge. When this happens to me, I didn't have a name for it untill this recent post. I'm inclined to believe that, this kind of energy, current, or phenomenon just chooses to exist and then manifests itself to whomever is gravitating in its unseen realm. Unbeknown to the person. Apparently I've be unknowingly successful, hence the hair standing on end when it has happened, and the high pitched humming in my ears. Is it a Current event or a Past thing, that's my question in it. Is it likened to a GPS device ? lol... I dunno !!!! I've had it as validation, to a certain phase of my path.

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest willynilly

I mentioned Jung due to it being his word for the concept. It was not my intention to imply it was not legit or spiritual in any way. Sorry if that is the way it was taken, I should not have spoke up.

I mentioned Jung due to it being his word for the concept. It was not my intention to imply it was not legit or spiritual in any way. Sorry if that is the way it was taken, I should not have spoke up.

I am pretty sure it was Carl Jung who coined the phrase, "synchronicity" and as he was a psychiatrist (a particularly soulful one I think), it's not as if any religion is being touted by mention of his name. :chakrahearts: He was a cool guy, that Jung.

I do experience synchronicity in my daily life. Unfortunately, the events are generally very mundance and often quite meaningless. It seems like the strangeness of the coincidence is highest when the actual event is least important.

Perhaps if the coincidental events don't give meaning - they are, therefore, not synchronous.?

I do try to sit-up and pay attention and act - but as I said, sometimes the events seem to be uncanny and weird because they are so linked - yet there is no real meaning. I don't know how to articulate this any better without long drawn out examples. Sorry!

Guest MissTree

One of the oddest thing's I've experienced seems to relate to synchronicity, but may be something else I'm not sure.

3 times when she was 3 years old, my child spoke to random strangers, and two of them she called by a specific name, and the other by an endearment name. Each time, I spoke up and explained to her that this person was not who she thought it was, and added that they must just remind her of the person who's name she was saying. And each time, the stranger spoke up and said "Wait, that is my name! Have we met before?" One man said that no one had called him by his real name since his Mother died since most call him by a nickname, but my child called him by his real name.

Very odd.

Also very cool! I've heard of this happening before with other children. I don't know what it is, but my impression is that as children, they're open & already tuned in to the unseen....until they're (not sure how to put this) trained out it. (?)

(Like the imaginary friend some of us had as children. We believed they were just as real as we were. We could see and hear them just as clearly as anyone else......until we were told (over & over) by well-meaning adults that they weren't real. Just our imagination. Then we couldn't see them anymore.)

Maybe your daughter heard someone (one of the ancestors?) telling her those people's names?

Also very cool! I've heard of this happening before with other children. I don't know what it is, but my impression is that as children, they're open & already tuned in to the unseen....until they're (not sure how to put this) trained out it. (?)

(Like the imaginary friend some of us had as children. We believed they were just as real as we were. We could see and hear them just as clearly as anyone else......until we were told (over & over) by well-meaning adults that they weren't real. Just our imagination. Then we couldn't see them anymore.)

Maybe your daughter heard someone (one of the ancestors?) telling her those people's names?

I think you're right. I know I certainly heard a lot more information from 'spirits' etc. before I was trained that I shouldn't be hearing these things. I'm trying hard to not train it out of her. :chakrahearts:

[...] I'm trying hard to not train it out of her. :chakrahearts:

Perhaps I am overly emotional today, but that brought a tear to my eye and a bubble of joy to my heart. Thanks for being a good Mum!

Perhaps I am overly emotional today, but that brought a tear to my eye and a bubble of joy to my heart. Thanks for being a good Mum!

Aw thanks! I'm doing my best. :)

Guest MissTree

I think you're right. I know I certainly heard a lot more information from 'spirits' etc. before I was trained that I shouldn't be hearing these things. I'm trying hard to not train it out of her. :chakrahearts:

You're a good Mom. (hug!)

Oh goodness Willy, I hope I didn't offend you, that was not my intent at all. I'm just showing my ignorance with any of Jungs principles, as I don't know any! LOL. I just thought perhaps you could answer, it seems to be spiritual in it's concept, as those synchroncities are so tangible for me. Maybe I should get ahold of those books like " Jung for Dummies " :wacko:

Regards,

Gypsy

I completely agree with the above. I have experienced some amazing moments of synchronicity over the years, and they really impress the underlying magic that runs through this universe..

One example:

When I was 17 I went on holiday to France and got chatting with a couple of guys from Brasil.. A month later I went to Switzerland and stayed in a lesser known town.. One night I went to a pub and you can guess who were sat at a table.. The Brasilian guys I'd met a month before in a different country in a obscure French town lol blew me away..

Archived