Caraway Seeds

Xaviera

I've been baking bread and came across bits and pieces of info about caraway seeds.

I discovered that the seeds can be used as a 'vermifuge' or 'anthelmintic'. I didn't know what this meant although I know we have some excellent herbs/spices/botannical experts here - so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Vermifuges/Anthelmintics (if I've spelled it correctly) are used to dispel intestinal worms. Happily, I've never needed anything for this purpose but it occurred to me that the seeds (which aren't strictly seeds at all, but fruits) could be a powerful ingredient in spellwork that involves dealing with 'parasites' of the human variety.

I've been baking bread and came across bits and pieces of info about caraway seeds.

I discovered that the seeds can be used as a 'vermifuge' or 'anthelmintic'. I didn't know what this meant although I know we have some excellent herbs/spices/botannical experts here - so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Vermifuges/Anthelmintics (if I've spelled it correctly) are used to dispel intestinal worms. Happily, I've never needed anything for this purpose but it occurred to me that the seeds (which aren't strictly seeds at all, but fruits) could be a powerful ingredient in spellwork that involves dealing with 'parasites' of the human variety.

I'm just an herb enthusiast not an expert - but thought I'd add here that I eat a spoonful of caraway seeds whenever I have an upset stomach and it almost always cures it.

I'm just an herb enthusiast not an expert - but thought I'd add here that I eat a spoonful of caraway seeds whenever I have an upset stomach and it almost always cures it.

Wow I like this tip....gonna give it a go as soon as I have a delicate tummy,:vhappywitch:

I had to chuckle at this because, when I'm nauseous, I always crave rye toast-the kind with the caraway seeds on it...........hmmm. Just goes to show you, our own bodies know what we need better than we do!

I also love Absinthe's idea about using them in spellwork! I can think of a person or two for which they'd be appropriate. lol :stirring:

Elizabeth

Wow the things you learn here. I didn't know that they were technically fruits ( caraway seeds ). Well I've used apple seeds in my craft, as they have toxic properties, why not caraway seeds also ? Great idea Absinthe! Thanks!

Regards,

Gypsy