Photo
- - - - -

Style issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Some of the forum modules have been updated to the latest versions. This broke two of them which meant I had to redo the styling on those modules to make them useable.

If anyone spots any other odd styling let me know and I'll take a look. Let me know which module (Chat, Resources, Forum etc) and a description of what the issue is.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#2 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Some of the forum modules have been updated to the latest versions. This broke two of them which meant I had to redo the styling on those modules to make them useable.

If anyone spots any other odd styling let me know and I'll take a look. Let me know which module (Chat, Resources, Forum etc) and a description of what the issue is.

I was in a private chat in the chat room this morning for a few hours and everytime someone would enter into the main chat room my friend would get kicked off the computer. I was fine and not kicked off, though, so it may have just been his connection. Did anyone else have any trouble with chat this a.m.?

M

#3 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

Yes when I got on this afternoon the chat would freeze for a few minutes, then hiccup and post double all the missing chat posts. It did this at least twice.

#4 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

I tried to get into Chat, too, but was told I didn't have permission or something like that. Frankly, I was annoyed and didn't look into it that closely. I thought "Oh, well" at the time, but it may have been a technical issue, not a no one loves Jevne issue.

Jevne

#5 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Michelle .. I think that is a technical issue with the Chat module, Chat is hosted by Invision Services rather than our own server (generally faster and doesn't slow down with high numbers browsing the forum here) but I'll keep my eye out for similar problems being reported on the Invision Services members area.

Whiterose .. those sound like issues that have been reported to Invision services, however, their technicians can't reproduce the issues but it is something they are aware of and trying to isolate.

Jevne .. Your issues sound like technical issues also, it's definitely not a 'no one loves Jevne issue'. There is a 5 user limit on the Chat module at the moment (the module is free for 5 members) but I may upgrade to the next package if Chat is being used more.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"