Herbal Remedies for Pets

Whiterose

I 'Frontlined' my cats. It made financial sense to buy the big packet of six treatments (nearly £30). I used two of the six pipettes and my husband said, "Is this box empty?"

I was in a shitty mood and said, "If it's empty, it's empty!"

I guess he was in a similar mood and binned the box without checking.

£30...I ask you!

Cheese, half & half, roast beef, french fries (only McDonalds, though), salmon. I 've never tried to give them yogart...??

My Big Claude loves blueberry muffins and Whiskas. Absolutely nothing else.

I 'Frontlined' my cats. It made financial sense to buy the big packet of six treatments (nearly £30). I used two of the six pipettes and my husband said, "Is this box empty?"

I was in a shitty mood and said, "If it's empty, it's empty!"

I guess he was in a similar mood and binned the box without checking.

£30...I ask you!

Yeah frontline can be very expensive. I've been researching this among other things today. It's been a day devoted to pet homeopathic research and I came across this site. Seems to be some good ideas for alternative flea treatments one of which is the tea tree oil I just bought (AWESOME!) After the day I have had and reading the responses on here I will be studying homeopathic medicine and herbs as much as I can because I'm finding out alot of the stuff that is out there for both humans and animals is really not benefical. It is more helpful to have a holistic view point and treat the entire being instead of little parts that are showing the symptoms. So check it out. Google it too if your interested. You'll find some surprising articles that will make you want to want to think twice about vaccines and food and such.

http://www.grandmashomeremedies.com/fleas.html

This one has some good info too.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/petallergies.htm

My Big Claude loves blueberry muffins and Whiskas. Absolutely nothing else.

I laughed so hard I spewed my beverage from my nostrils. It was your intro.. " My Big Claude ".... I dunno.. mixed with muffins and just whiska's... the whole visual..just slayed me silly ! I needed such a good laugh... shows me...that we are so owned...lol...by cats....

xo Regards,

Gypsy

• 2 years later...

Wow this is interesting reading back on my posts. After taking the dog to 5 different vets in two states, the last vet knew what it was. He has a Systemic Yeast infection that most likely started from vaccinations or antibiotics that got rid of the good bacteria in his system which keeps the yeast in check and over years of the yeast running rampant through his system, its is showing up in his skin with hyper-pigmentation (black skin), a greasy coat, and not stop itching/licking. He was on an antifungal and a steroid that worked very well, but each time the treatment ceased it came back worse which tells me that it is an immune thing and the steroid only suppressed his immune system. We can't have him on a steroid long-term and the vets are stumped.... so back to home remedies. His diet is changed to a dog food without grains, he gets as much real meat as we eat and he his on plain yogurt (probiotic) with coconut oil mixed in (anti-fungal) which is my own concoction and he loves it. He thinks its a treat. He also gets the immune support powder that MW recommended over his food and he seems to like that. He gets regular baths with teatree oil in castile soap. It seems to be working, his skin is turning back black to pink and his hair has grown back.

I have even spelled his yogurt when I make it. I really hope this works, we have tried everything we can think of.

Whiterose, I am glad your dog is starting to feel better. I think one of my team mate's dogs has a similar type of yeast infection. If I hear of any helpful remedies I'll pass them on.

For now, I do have an ear wash recipe I can share:

6 parts alcohol (rubbing or isopropyl)

2 parts Hydrogen peroxide

2 parts vinegar

One can mix it in a squirt bottle or just apply it with cotton balls. My dog was NOT a fan, watching him run around in circles and shake his head was quite hilarious. It did get rid of the stinky smell, though!

Archived