Lughnasadh Plans???

AnjelWolf

Ok with this quickly approaching (actually quicker than I have time for LOL)...I find myself at a crossroad. My husband is flying into Miami the first week of August for 72 hours before heading out to Iraq to begin his 2 years tour of duty. That will be August 3rd to 6th. Now normally we do our celebrations together. This time around I am at a total blonde-brain dead lost LOL!!!

So while I try to figure out what to do...what does anyone else have planned???

Maybe I can snatch an idea or two! LOL!!!

Hi Anjel,

hmmm not sure what I'll be doing for Lughnasadh this year, no help there :(

Maybe you and your husband could celebrate when he arrives, make it something before he goes to Iraq? I know it'snot 'on the day' but it's a date from a man made calendar, sometimes celebrating outside that date can be more meaningful?

Hi Anjel,

hmmm not sure what I'll be doing for Lughnasadh this year, no help there :(

Maybe you and your husband could celebrate when he arrives, make it something before he goes to Iraq? I know it'snot 'on the day' but it's a date from a man made calendar, sometimes celebrating outside that date can be more meaningful?

I know...and we'll be in miami at that time as well...so not real sure what we'll do but I know this will be his last event with me till he gets back so it has to be a good one LOL!!!

We'll probably be out on the beach doing something that way...although a quick idea just came to me...maybe we could head out to the Monkey Jungle (a wildlife place where primates run free) and I could get a few photos at the same time LOL!!!

Whatever we end up doing I'll post it on here LOL!!!

Not sure what I'm doing yet. The kids are off so I'll probably take them out into the Cheshire countryside, I really do live in a beautiful county of England. Also running with the idea of heading into the Welsh mountains, again they're absolutely fantastic.

As far as anything else goes, well I'll probably go to my little wood with the wife and do something there.

RC:D

I think whatever you do will be a celebration. Just make the time meaningful!

I don't have plans yet; I think I may actually be working, and that's right before my surgery, so... who knows?

:cool:

I bought some hard cider and some great peasant bread. I have some butter and cheese. I have some music. I plan to raise my glass, eat well and to dance. I have spent the last two weeks making almost our entire household (that is in my control) green. We are doing everything we can to be kind to the Earth, the cats, ourselves and everything that is affected by going organic, using products with natural ingrediants, using recycled this and that. Now, I plan to dance.

I have spent the last 2+ months focusing on the energy properties of air and what they bring to my world, good and bad. I have felt the shift occur intellectually from my studies. Now, I feel that my focus is changing to water. Its like there are different levels of each element and I have passed my air course and am moving to the next level of water to compliment my recent knowledge from air. Earth has always been my specialty so it has been scary and very interesting being so close to these other elements and not just putting all my weight on my trustworthy Earth knowledge.

And so I will drink, eat and dance and be merry for I have harvested many ideas over the last few months and have begun to put them to use. Also, I am celebrating people who go out of their way to make food and household goods that keep the Earth in mind.

AngelWolf, I wish you much love as you spent those days with your husband.

Guest wortmistress

Going to my musical partners- Whilst the Wiccans are doing their thing, some on us will sit on the hillside, playing to the setting sun. We are having a picnic up there. I have made a lovely baked harvest sheaf for the tabel-shame I can't eat it!Then next week, I shall go to my special piece of land and offer back some wine which I made with flowers and berries found there-a great harvest!

Hi all, guess I will be spending time in my wood and just being thankfull for the things around me! Hope you all have a great and meaningful time and Wortie while you are up on that hillside sing one for me:hugs:

Hi everyone, i had a nice simple ritual in a nice wooded area with some friends. It was lovely, hope you have a lovely time with your hubby. Blessings to all

Hi everyone, i had a nice simple ritual in a nice wooded area with some friends. It was lovely, hope you have a lovely time with your hubby. Blessings to all

Thanks and welcome to the forum...tell us something about yourself :)

I had the most amazing experience tonight. I came home and as I pulled into our driveway, three 4 point stags were in front of my car. Now, I don't live in the country. I live in a suburb of New York City. I don't have a private home, we live in a townhouse community. There were these three, rather large stags just looking at me. They are the largest deer I have ever seen and possibly the only deer with antlers outside of captivity that I have ever seen. My grandfather would take me to our family's reservation in Northern Missouri when I was young and there were some there but I don't think I have seen any since then. It took my breath away. As I walked from my car to my door, they looked over and then trotted right down the sidewalk in a way like no one else could see them, only me so they didn't need to hide in the woods. They were real. I saw them. I just never seen anything like it AND to see it on Lugh's day just blows me away. I can't even think what it could mean. Is it a blessing? Is it nature's way of adding energy to my celebration? I was just moved that it was part of my day. I had to share.

Guest wortmistress
Hi all, guess I will be spending time in my wood and just being thankfull for the things around me! Hope you all have a great and meaningful time and Wortie while you are up on that hillside sing one for me:hugs:

I have a special one I shall dedicate just for you!:hugs:

Im Getting Handfasted :) :) :) :)

I'm so happy for you Spinney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I ended up doing a small ritual in my hotel room the night prior to seeing my hubby LOL!

Archived