Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aloe

Tinctures

Personally, I like multiples of 3, in my workings.

I also, am prompted to the number 8 for Tarot working.

Regards,

Gypsy

I am partial to 3 s myself.

I still like this thread.  Bumping for further discussion and input.  I am interested in learning of other's magical and mundane preferences for the use of tinctures.

I make and use tinctures for their mundane/medicinal actions.  I stick with the safer herbs.  I'm not comfortable going further without someone to mentor me and I'm not going to experiment on family and friends and 'hope' I get it right.

I love this thread, thanks for bumping. There are so many great threads on here I sometimes get lost in them.

I make tinctures in big what I call tea jugs I think they might be called infusing jars??, they have a little spout at the bottom. I find that if I cover the inside of the spout with a half of a tea strainer they work really really well. Then I just wash them out .

I hadn't heard of the glycerin type of tincture before exactly, I have used glycerin in a couple infant/toddler infusions for summer time and tummy troubles though. I have a several recovering alcoholics and a few full blown ones who occasionally ask for a tincture so I would use the ACV instead of vodka for them but I think glycerin would be an even better choice since it has 0% alcohol. I noticed that those of you have have used this method say its a pita do you have any tips on how to simplify the process?

I've started making tinctures with vinegar last year and now am trying the vodka tinctures.   Right now I'm more in the mood to make them for magical use than medical as we are pretty healthy (knock on wood).  I've started tweaking certain water based recipes I use into tinctures due to the longer shelf life. Its working pretty well so far.