New project for 2011 and years to come..

Black-Cat

To be completely honest, for the last few months I haven't been feeling so well. Depression has got a firm hold on me and I have found it almost impossible to get myself motivated in anything, especially things I loved--Like witchcraft. The altar became dusty, I've made no oils or potions, haven't done any spellwork, nothing. I felt terrible about it but could not bring myself to get up and do something about it. And then one of my flash drives holding my entire grimoire crashed..

so for a few weeks I thought my entire grimoire was permanently gone. That was years of saved documents and images lost forever. Needless to say I felt devastated. I tried to come to accept that it was gone and I was telling myself that perhaps I didn't need it. Almost all of the things in there I knew already, the rest were just articles I saved to use as reference. It helped lift my spirits slightly but I kept thinking back to all the hard work I spent building my personal book.

Turns out the bulk of my grimoire was still saved on an old computer I have here and I was able to pull it off. Most of the old stuff is still there, including all of my images ( i like to collect old woodcut images of witches, demons and werewolves and most of that stuff was very hard to find). The rest of my book I can restore but It'll take a long time seeing as how I have to retype it all by memory.

I'm so happy right now ;_;

I think this will be a good lesson for me to start writing this stuff down by hand in a book. Or at least print each document out and save it in a binder...Either way the process is going to take a long time but I'm looking forward to having a new, on-hand book I can refer to in the kitchen and stuff.

I suddenly feel motivated now to start working my craft again. :) i feel like this is going to be a great new year and after a year of terrible depression that has put a strain on me and those close to me, I can finally see a light at the end of this tunnel. it will take time to get there, but I think I'm ready for the journey...

That actually sounds like a great project. I was thinking about getting a blank journal and weeding out the dead wood in my BOS. I have alot of information I have collected over the years that now I find useless or inaccurate. I have two separate volumes I have written over 10 years and I need to clean house so to speak. I need to redefine some of my beleifs...my actual beliefs and not those I have grown up with or that I read somewhere. I think this is what I'm going to focus on this year as well.

To be completely honest, for the last few months I haven't been feeling so well. Depression has got a firm hold on me and I have found it almost impossible to get myself motivated in anything, especially things I loved--Like witchcraft. The altar became dusty, I've made no oils or potions, haven't done any spellwork, nothing. I felt terrible about it but could not bring myself to get up and do something about it. And then one of my flash drives holding my entire grimoire crashed..

so for a few weeks I thought my entire grimoire was permanently gone. That was years of saved documents and images lost forever. Needless to say I felt devastated. I tried to come to accept that it was gone and I was telling myself that perhaps I didn't need it. Almost all of the things in there I knew already, the rest were just articles I saved to use as reference. It helped lift my spirits slightly but I kept thinking back to all the hard work I spent building my personal book.

Turns out the bulk of my grimoire was still saved on an old computer I have here and I was able to pull it off. Most of the old stuff is still there, including all of my images ( i like to collect old woodcut images of witches, demons and werewolves and most of that stuff was very hard to find). The rest of my book I can restore but It'll take a long time seeing as how I have to retype it all by memory.

I'm so happy right now ;_;

I think this will be a good lesson for me to start writing this stuff down by hand in a book. Or at least print each document out and save it in a binder...Either way the process is going to take a long time but I'm looking forward to having a new, on-hand book I can refer to in the kitchen and stuff.

I suddenly feel motivated now to start working my craft again. :) i feel like this is going to be a great new year and after a year of terrible depression that has put a strain on me and those close to me, I can finally see a light at the end of this tunnel. it will take time to get there, but I think I'm ready for the journey...

I applaud your honesty, and believe that while computer crashes can be a bitch, in the devestation of it all, you rose up and secured your happiness. Well done ! I have come to the conclusion myself, that binding paper in a notebook, that needs my further investigation, is well worth the effort of pressing the print button. I'm glad you are back in the knowledge you so freely give, and your journey ahead will be grand. It's good to see you have shaken off that crippling depression, and motivated yourself to a better new year. Good going for you !!

Regards,

Gypsy

Hiya Hun

I have been in hermit mode for about 5 months now, from this forum, from my craft from my friends. I also suffer with depression but i dont think its actually been that as ive had that under control for a while now. I do tend to retreat, re assess and think. I need alot of head space.

I feel bad at these times, neglecting my craft, being out of touch but ive learnt not to force it. In fact IMO it cant be forced. The motivation, the passion, want and need will come back when it is time, it always does.

Im pleased that you managed to find most of your work. Things will be ok , they always are in the end :)

D xxx

It's interesting to read about these issues, as it's not long ago that I (having been there, girlfriends) contemplated on starting a thread on witches and depression.

As I started pondering it here, the thing became so long that I decided I will start such a thread.

It's interesting to read about these issues, as it's not long ago that I (having been there, girlfriends) contemplated on starting a thread on witches and depression.

As I started pondering it here, the thing became so long that I decided I will start such a thread.

:clap:

Archived