Texas Style BBQ Ribs

CelticGypsy

For those who like a good rack of spare ribs, without the fuss of boiling and baking for hours on end, and you don't have a grill to get that smokey essence, here's an easy recipe for the cookin' o' th' Reeebs !

Slab of pork spare ribs. Season them to your liking. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder..what ever appeals to you.

Set your oven to 450 degrees.

Place the ribs on a baking sheet, lined with foil, make sure you spray the foil with a non stick spray of some kind.

Cook the ribs at temperature above for 25 minutes.

Remove them from the oven. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke, and lather them with the BBQ sause of your

choice. Don't be shy with the BBQ sause.

Place a sheet of foil over the top of the ribs, put them back in the oven, and TURN it off. Walk away. Leave them alone. As the temperature in the hot oven decreases, your ribs are still cooking, and tenderizing. About 1 hour or so before you wish to serve them, put the oven back on the warm cycle. You will be amazed at the tenderness and the juiciest fall of the bone. Yes scandalous they are. But you'll like if you like spare ribs.

Enjoy with a light veggie mixture of marinated cucumbers and tomatoes and onions as a side perk, in what ever vinegar dressing you prefer. It's a nice fresh balance to a hearty heavy meat.

Regards,

Gypsy

Okay, I'm not a rib person, but "easy and succulent" caught my eye - sounds like my perfect date, lol...

M

Get down, and get bad ! LOL ! You are so funny! You could do this recipe, I have using a nice chunk of roast beef. The meat sears on the outside, and forms a slight crust, if you roll the raw meat in olive oil, then your seasonings. But this makes your roast rare, so I've had to cook it for about an hour or so @ 325 degrees, it takes the raw our and puts the rare in. Again, you can slather it with BBQ sause, or deglaze your pan with a dry red wine, and have a hint of burgandy to your gravey. When I do this, Michele, I add 1/2 1/2 cream to my sause. It's a hit up here to these funny Norse people, who think ketchup is king.

Regards,

Gypsy

• 7 months later...

I have to ask lol... what's "liquid smoke" ???...

I have to say that the whole idea of not having to go through the usual boiling to prep the meat, appeals to me... I'm just dumbfounded about the whole "liquid smoke" thing lol... :P

It's pretty much a condiment designed to taste like the food has been smoked when it hasn't. A lot of things like commercial jerky or barbeque flavoured prepared meats.

It's pretty much a condiment designed to taste like the food has been smoked when it hasn't. A lot of things like commercial jerky or barbeque flavoured prepared meats.

Ahhh... Thank you!!! :)

This is great because I can't have a grill and I miss ribs on the 4th , plus i'm from Tx. I will try this! Boiling them first is a PITA.

• 2 months later...

I LOVE me some ribs & I have tried many different recipes & methods of cooking them -but I ain't never seen one like this! I knows what I be cookin' next Saturday :tongue0013:

Archived