• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

I'm curious to see the responses of those who have worked this kind thing before. I have not- so don't do this:). However, I'm curious if placing it in salt with the intent of it absorbing the negativity and then when that is complete, trying to re- establish the connection would work?

@AB- was the doll made with a kill switch? As in was it told when it's job was to be done as discussed earlier in the thread? I'm assuming that would play a role in how you should proceed.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#62 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

When you leave the doll unattended for some time for personal troubles and you feel that you have lost your connection with the doll or she is full of negativity...what do you recommend to do?

thanks

It would depend on what you are using the doll for. 

Is it a 'doll baby' or soul doll representative of your self, or is it a 'poppet' or something you made to represent another?

It would also depend on your intentions when you made the doll, to help or protect or to harm?

Edited by Solanaceae, 01 April 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#63 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

I love this thread!  I also love dolls. I collected porceline dolls when I was a kid. I kept some of the great ones and emblished and customized some of the others.

I have used poppets and made dolls to represent ancestors or to house certain spirits.

I adore 'creepy' dolls, the creepier the better really. They don't have to look creepy mind you, they just have to be creepy.

Till this day if I see one that speaks to me, or has the right  'personality' at a thrift or yard sale I will be compelled to take it home with me.

I do not think I would ever make a 'doll baby' or soul doll of the sort that RF talks about for myself, unless I felt I had to. Sounds like too much responsibility.

That said, I have bound certain dolls to myself using my DNA or personal items for various reasons. I don't find that much different than binding other magickal tools or items. 

Edited by Solanaceae, 01 April 2017 - 03:15 AM.

#64 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Solanaceae said: " I have used poppets and made dolls to represent ancestors or to house certain spirits."
------
I love this idea! Brilliant! Hope you don't mind if I rip off your ancestor representation idea?:)

I too have a couple thrift shop dolls, that do not look creepy, but simply are. One I found out was worth ten times what I paid for it. The other, I discovered was inscribed by the maker and dedicated to her grandchild. Which made me wonder how it came to be in the thrift shop. Who would get rid of a doll that was made by your grandmother who was a professional doll maker? Anyway, I love them. My husband and kids hate them. My husband has been know to turn two of my porcelain clowns around "so they can't watch him" Lol :)

Edited by Oroboros, 01 April 2017 - 04:43 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#65 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

No problem O, go nuts! I am sure it is not my idea anyway lol.

Those sound like great finds! Perhaps that doll creeped out the grandchilds parents?

I have some dolls, and doll heads that guard my work space. They sit at the entrance. My space is in a sectioned off part of the large spare room we have.

I have noticed that when my husband or my kids have to go in the spare room, they always turn the dolls around too lol.

#66 An_Bruane

An_Bruane

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

It would depend on what you are using the doll for. 

Is it a 'doll baby' or soul doll representative of your self, or is it a 'poppet' or something you made to represent another?

It would also depend on your intentions when you made the doll, to help or protect or to harm?

-----------------------------

My doll is a helper in all aspects, and I made her with fabric, parts of me and my breath. We look identical, but we don't share the same name. It's a kind of "spiritual daughter".

Edited by An_Bruane, 03 April 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#67 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Well then, the salt bath to absorb negativity as Oroboros suggested would not be a bad idea.

Just salt, not liquid of course, unless you think the salt may damage some of the materials.

I would suggest you smudge (or smoke cleanse) her as well, just as you may do for yourself, from head to toe. 

After that, feed her. You can feed her by sprinkling her with a little alcohol, even better if it is something that you enjoy.

Whisper to her to reaffirm your intentions. Breath the life back into her if you feel it is necessary. 

Love her, care for her, give her a special place and talk to her often.