Fox Pelt

Vixen

I have recently been working with a fox totem and meditation using a small piece of fox pelt i was given by a friend (her dad lives in the countryside and has a rather creepy collection of pelts form road kill), but it smells of cigarettes really badly. I've tried rinsing it but it still has its fur and it wont go away.

the smell doesn't affect its effectiveness but its distracting and unpleasant.

Anyone know a way to wash it with out damaging it or know if soap is ok to use

much appreciatedvhappywitch.gif

Vixen

Guest loki1980

I have recently been working with a fox totem and meditation using a small piece of fox pelt i was given by a friend (her dad lives in the countryside and has a rather creepy collection of pelts form road kill), but it smells of cigarettes really badly. I've tried rinsing it but it still has its fur and it wont go away.

the smell doesn't affect its effective mess but its distracting and unpleasant.

Anyone know a way to wash it with out damaging it or know if soap is ok to use

much appreciatedvhappywitch.gif

Vixen

loki to the rescue!!! lol yeah bicarbonate of soda, spinkle it on,rub it in with your handies then leave over night then just brush or shake off. :)

dancing.gifdancing.gif You are a star i wasns't expecting such i qick answer Thank You

I will give it a ago tomorrow (I need to find the bicarbonate of soda) and I will tell you if it works.

dancing.gifdancing.gif You are a star i wasns't expecting such i qick answer Thank You

I will give it a ago tomorrow (I need to find the bicarbonate of soda) and I will tell you if it works.

Baking soda!!

I have heard fullers earth works for that sort of thing as well. Never tried it myself as of yet though. Worth a go if the bicarb doesn't get rid of it, and if both don't work then I'd leave it somewhere clean and dry to air for quite some time ( I mean more than a month) , rubbing periodically with either fullers or bicarb. If it really honks that may be the best choice.

I have heard fullers earth works for that sort of thing as well. Never tried it myself as of yet though. Worth a go if the bicarb doesn't get rid of it, and if both don't work then I'd leave it somewhere clean and dry to air for quite some time ( I mean more than a month) , rubbing periodically with either fullers or bicarb. If it really honks that may be the best choice. Never heard of Fullers, is that something only in the U.K. ?

Hi Vixen,

Depending on the size of the pelt, here's a suggestion. Get yourself a plastic bucket with a lid, open 2 boxes of baking soda, rest the pelt on top of the boxes, or on top of the powder itself. Cover with the lid and give it a shake, and let it rest for at least 24 hours. If you find that the smell is still lingering in the pelt, repeat the process. Baking soda is great for removing oders. I've got baking soda in an open box in the back of the fridge, I also sprinkle it in my cat boxes, carpets. It's great, and non toxic. You can drink it mixed with water for a sour stomach too. I love the product and find many great uses for it.

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Melodye

I love the product and find many great uses for it.

Regards,

Gypsy

It is a great little product. I think the only thing with more diverse uses is water.

Well I found the bicarb and covered it in the stuff, gin the morning I think I'll take celticgypsy up on her idea, it only a small piece so the small pot I have will do it I think and I'll see how it is when I get home.

thank everyone

Archived