• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 River

River

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

In my opinion, it's all about the witch, what works for her/him. I've bought things offline they seem to never work for me. Things I buy in stores. When I walk into a metaphysical store I feel for what draws me to it. I even close my eyes so that I can't be persuaded by something pretty, I want to feel what draws me to it. Even in thrift shops I found some things. Natural tools are powerful. Meditate on want you to do, how you want to carry it out. Then take a walk in the woods, on a nature trail, by the oceans, lakes rivers, collect your tools. Depending on what I want to do I use other people's DNA. Hair, toenails, blood. Or I use my own saliva, blood, hair, etc....

#162 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

I find that if I say I want a certain tool, it will appear to me by itself. sometimes in the most unusual places. You only have to ask.

#163 Mona

Mona

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:49 PM

My best is bowl and knife. Some mirrors. My own made candles, wax, lead...what is not really tools, just stuff. I do love my Runes and my Tarot. I'm not a collector, I have just 2 Tarot decks for all the years, and one Lenormand, what was made as a present to me by one friendly witch, I do not use it often. 

#164 Verin

Verin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

This might sound strange, but for the real deal magic I use my hands. I might use a candle, I might use cards, herbs, or crystals or any other object, but when things just need to be done and I have no tools with me, which often happens, because I don't rely on them when I am outside in nature, or even on public transportation, or anywhere really, I just use my hands in intuitive movements. Once a migraine had been plaguing me for hours and nothing helped, my spouse and I were sitting in the park, and I had nothing with me, so I closed my eyes and started doing motions with my fingers around my head until the migraine was gone (about 7-10 minutes). When I "came back" my spouse sat in front of me, eyes wide open and said "that was intense" and I asked why, to which she responded "because I could literally see the magic pouring from your fingers and spooling like threads around your head, it was wild!". So, I guess, my hands are my best tool. Also for sex magic of course.

#165 Myradin

Myradin

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

It is fun and interesting to read about your tools!

I'm with the majority, I think. My tools are whatever inspire me in that moment or I feel drawn to use.

Lately I've been spending a little time each week to learn a new term for what I'm doing, or research an experience I have had. I've always been a witch but I've spent almost no time learning or developing my skills until recently.

I do use Taro, some decks upset me and I don't like touching them, I can identify with the original poster, Firebird. For me the art of the deck informs my ability to use it, I first learned Taro on a normal playing card deck and had pretty accurate readings for my friends just for fun. Now I have a steampunk deck and both the art and the author of the explanations are pretty gentle and bright. They are appealing :)

I also use my aura as my strongest tool, when I'm making a candle or a balm or charm I think what I am feeling towards it is probably the most powerful part of the whole thing. More so than any object. I have to believe in the integrity of my ingredients too, soy and beeswax candles...organic, etc. 

#166 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:36 PM

I tend to employ as mush Nature as I can.  Bones, feathers, stones, roots, etc.  I have a nice collection of skulls and bones that I have found, from birds and rodents to larger animals. I do not buy them since I cannot be sure how they were obtained.  I am an artist and so I love to craft and embellish, combine and reinvent.  I particularly love wands. I create them.  All of them are properly gathered with loving offerings of thanks.  Roots and branches of all types are combined with minerals, feathers, metals, charms etc.  They have become my best sellers next to my Rune sets.  I love Runes.  I have several sets I use.  I have made them from woods, stones I gather, antler sheds, and even bones.  I have a neighbor with an apiary and whenever I have something to trade I treat myself to some of her beeswax candles.

#167 Mona

Mona

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

I have and had for all times just one set of Runes. They are made of butter beans and are about 10 years old for today :)

#168 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

Butter Beans?  How interesting!  My first set was one that I made from small stones I found at the seaside and painted.  I just love the mystery and beauty of them.

#169 Mona

Mona

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I do pick things on the beaches too when getting there. Stones, shells, feathers and bits of wood. 

#170 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

I find large shells useful for holding candles or incense.

#171 SnowLeFae

SnowLeFae

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:46 AM

For me, my greatest tool is my Self, be it an aspect of Self, or in its entirety. Beyond that, it is anything I feel in-tune with. Or, sometimes, something I am not in-tune with. I go completely by "feel". I have not ever come up with a better word, though I have tried, but for me it is things I "invest" in. Spells/rituals for me are... investments. Perhaps something I wish to make manifest. For me, everything has a, mmm, "vibrational quality" to it. If I "invest" in something, or use something as a means of investing, it is simply a conduit, attuning vibrations, synchronizing I suppose. (sigh) Tough to explain. 

The more I invest in something, the more valuable it is to me. Something that is co-invested (myself and another person, animal... even flora) has great value as well. It could be a stick a dog that was family happily brought to me, and I felt its value, then I might keep it, hone it, etc. A tree I might have sat in and become friends with might offer a branch. Or, it could be a rock I happen to find. To me, they are extensions of myself, and a conduit or bridge that might allow me to attune with something I might otherwise feel less capable of "touching". Like I said, tough to explain... 

Snow* :)

#172 Sagefire

Sagefire

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:19 PM

This is a very wise insight.  It speaks to the recognition of resonance that we can create when we focus our energies.  If we view our self as a luminous creation conduit and practice the abilities to channel the vibrations around us through our personal facets, then our power is limitless.