• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

AM, sounds like my room, except may I ask what you use tin foil for?

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#142 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

Sure Sol, I use it for reflective magic, and in place of using mirrors in protective mirror box magic. For a mirror box, I put two pieces of foil flush with each other with the shiny side in, put the poppet, taglocks, photo, etc. inside, tape it up and viola mirror box. At other times I line a cardboard box with it to create more of a sturdy box. 

#143 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that I used feces - once, ONLY ONCE, and no not mine or another's. It is a gross medium to work with.  A jerk was letting their dog do it's business on my property, and I couldn't time it to catch them in the act so I could make them pick it up, so I used the dog's feces as a link to the owner. It worked.

#144 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

Sure Sol, I use it for reflective magic, and in place of using mirrors in protective mirror box magic. For a mirror box, I put two pieces of foil flush with each other with the shiny side in, put the poppet, taglocks, photo, etc. inside, tape it up and viola mirror box. At other times I line a cardboard box with it to create more of a sturdy box. 

Great idea. Cheaper and easier than actual mirrors. Thanks for the info!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#145 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Thanks!

#146 Lauvitra

Lauvitra

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

My physical tools are whatever happens to be laying about looking useful when I need something; knives and sticks, plates and bowls, sieves and combs and strings, stones, coins, bones, and so on. Anything goes, if it suits the situation. The "tools" I use the most, though, are my mind and my voice. Everything else I can do without just fine.

"We pledge ourselves to you, the Frame-Maker, the Scarab:

a world for us to love you in, a cloak of dirt to cherish."

#147 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:45 AM

I'm only new to this. But so far, I would say my tarot and oracle cards, recycled jars that I store dried herbs and weeds in, my incense and burners, and my brooms, mop and bucket. Also, my big stock pot.

I do need to replace my mop and bucket, as I need something faster and more efficient. I'm going to buy a bigger broom for the same reason.

#148 Emrys

Emrys

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

candles, the fire helps me focus. I make clay figurines, that also helps me focus energy into what I have made with my own hands. My house is full of stones, river water , sticks, feathers, and bones. I typically use my stang which I also use for a walking stick and have been used since my great grandparents days. I do use a cauldron mostly to burn things and boil. My animal skulls, especially anything with horns like my fave deer skull, stones and minerals for energy focusing. Blood. Anything from tobacco to sage since I am part native and I incorporate that into my spells. and herbs. Wolfsbane I grow myself as well as lily of the valley etc. I grow all my plants and then dry them out and give them to friends and fam for workings. Magical characters, I usually draw with sand or small pebbles if I am outside. I know most of you don't believe in deity work but my fam was a hekate devoted fam since old days and I grew up feeling very attached to her. Her symbols even before I knew what they were have been etched in everything I do. Keys, torches, dogs, snakes, any significant moon I can work very powerfully under, crossroads- the energy there and on full and new moons is powerful to me.

#149 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Love this thread so much and so many great ideas. This is just a bump really but Michele I LOVED your little corn husk witch, she is just beautiful. I hope you still have her - I know this is an old thread - but even looking at her picture I just got this beautiful warm feeling :) Did you make her yourself? I really want one for our house now :)

#150 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

As for tools I use tarot cards, my pestle and mortar, shells, herbs, candles all the time. I have a necklace with an amulet I rarely take off. I like making my own incense. I have a beech branch I want to make a staff from and some wood from the beach I would like to make an altar from and maybe a knife. I have a special sewing kit I only use for poppet making.

#151 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

I personally love tools. I have anxiety, and having actual items that I have "bonded" with helps me to hyper focus on them, and the workings that I am doing. Crystals, Herbs, Papers, Candles. Colors, Oils, and anything that may instinctively catch my eye at the moment. 

#152 mudang

mudang

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

Us mudang use a wide variety but some staples of mine are:

• fan & bell rattle for divination and communication and prayer
  • god knives for exorcisms and purifications
  • colored flags for divination and purification
  • rice and coins for blessings, divination
  • jade for protection and good fortune

Call me Mivi.

Korean Shaman-Priest (무당)

Schedule 신점 (divination), 기도 (prayerwork), 굿 (grand ceremonies)!

Fundraiser for Temple Room

"Money can move the gods."