Cougar Bite

CelticGypsy

post-477-0-72220900-1290040803_thumb.jpgpost-477-0-97453500-1290041731_thumb.jpg

I know you can bearly see it, but this is Violet, who in August was attacked by a cougar. This was taken after her 7 day stint in the Vet Hospital. If you are more talented than I am and can see it in a larger version, by all means do so. She suffered 3 punctures, as the 4th puncture, tore part of her bottom lip off. Her upper jaw is broken. It's been an amazing journey for her, as she did survive this assault and had the presence of mind to come home. She's recovering well, to say the least. I've been taking lots of photos of her, as the 5 Vets are going to put her on FaceBook. I've not seen her hospital photos, but was told they are more gruesome than the ones I've taken.

Regards,

Gypsy

post-477-0-72220900-1290040803_thumb.jpg

post-477-0-97453500-1290041731_thumb.jpg

It is absolutely amazing that she survived this attack. The wounds is terrible, but I can't help thinking about the alternative. Not sure how she got away, but that is one lucky kitty. I am glad to learn she is recovering.

Jevne

It is absolutely amazing that she survived this attack. The wounds is terrible, but I can't help thinking about the alternative. Not sure how she got away, but that is one lucky kitty. I am glad to learn she is recovering.

Jevne

Poor little thing.....it's a miracle she survived an attack by a cougar..I doubt that many do. As Jevne said, better to have the scars than the alternative...I'm certain with alot of love and help from her Witch companion, she'll be back to herself in no time....you are both very lucky indeed.

Alayna

Jevne

post-477-0-24515700-1290042805_thumb.jpg

Thank you Jevne, for the kind words. Like I said, it's been an amazing journey for her and she's not brain damaged.

Regards,

Gypsy :)

post-477-0-24515700-1290042805_thumb.jpg

Thank you Alayna ! It will be spring before we can let her out to be her hunter self. Living up here in Lake Country has its hazzards. But I believe that a cat needs to be a cat. I fully realize everytime I let one of the Tribe out, there are risks.

post-477-0-56678900-1290043169_thumb.jpg

post-477-0-56678900-1290043169_thumb.jpg

What a brave little thing she is! And how traumatic for you. I hope she gets back to her hunter-self as soon as possible.

P

poor wee thing! hope she gets well soon.:chakrahearts:

Thank you ! This happened to her in August of this year, we are still doctoring, but she has much improved. She's got her " sassy assy " back, and its delightful to see her at play. We do take her out but she is in a harness. That swarthy man with her is my Liam, better known as " Himself"

post-477-0-74765400-1290099013_thumb.jpgpost-477-0-80515300-1290099128_thumb.jpg

post-477-0-74765400-1290099013_thumb.jpg

post-477-0-80515300-1290099128_thumb.jpg

I hope you don't mind me saying, what a way she's come CelticGypsy. Glad to see she's well on the way to recovery.x

OMG you must have been horrified. Poor thing. Glad your babys on the mend x

A big Thank you to you both, for the kind words. What amazes us, is that in all the shock and trauma that our Violet went through, that she had the presense of mind to find her way home.

post-477-0-59582000-1290703899_thumb.jpg Here she is wearing " the Cone of shame " Gads, she hated that.

Regards,

Gypsy

post-477-0-59582000-1290703899_thumb.jpg

I am glad your kitty is getting better. That would scare the crap out of me if one of my critters had been injured like that.

BTW, the cone of shame reference made me giggle :)

Jessica

• 1 month later...

OMG, so amazing that she survived the attack AND made it back home! Glad she recovered.

Copy that.. we are too ! She's well recovered, she'll always have kinda a dimple on one side of her face, as so much flesh was taken, and that gives her " smirk " as her skin is taught in that area. But it suits her personality. How many of us that have cat's know that behind our 2 legged backs they all smirk at us. LOL !

Regards,

Gypsy

Copy that.. we are too ! She's well recovered, she'll always have kinda a dimple on one side of her face, as so much flesh was taken, and that gives her " smirk " as her skin is taught in that area. But it suits her personality. How many of us that have cat's know that behind our 2 legged backs they all smirk at us. LOL !

Regards,

Gypsy

I've been without a feline companion for a while, but I know EXACTLY what you mean. They not only smirk behind out backs, but right to our faces!! lol

I've been without a feline companion for a while, but I know EXACTLY what you mean. They not only smirk behind out backs, but right to our faces!! lol<~~ no truer words have even been spoken in this regard. lol

• 1 year later...

Holy hell! I am just seeing this and... oh my dear lord, it's amazing she is alive! (I know so many have said that but wow!)

Do you have any pictures of late? I am curious to see how she has healed up now.

Oh that poor baby! Poor cat. So glad she recovered---wow, it's amazing she did.

Holy hell! I am just seeing this and... oh my dear lord, it's amazing she is alive! (I know so many have said that but wow!)

Do you have any pictures of late? I am curious to see how she has healed up now.

Hey thanks ! Yeah.... it was quite the ordeal and the journey of recovery for Violet was long. She amazes me daily. I tossed a picture up in my Gallery of her as how she looks today. She really knows what it's like to give up... a life. LoL ! What frustrates us, is the DNR up here, say that these Cougars in our area, do not exist. Last year, a Cougar ran somebodies Horses through their fence, and one of the Horses broke it's leg, the Cougar, grabbed the torn off leg and began to run off with it, another neighbors dog heard the commotion, and the Cougar dropped the leg and snatched the dog, and ran off with the poor dog instead. This event happened about 4-5 miles from our house. The Hunters up here, have those cool night camera's and have dozens of pictures of these large Cats, they do exist up in my little part of the world.

Regards,

Gypsy

Archived