- - - - -

Craft for self and others

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

Emotion is an integral component of my spellwork. As humans, we can not divorce ourselves completely from our emotions. I don't necessarily advocate supressing emotion during spellwork, but I do believe in channeling the corresponding energy in the right direction. Like I've said, I use whatever I can to achieve my goals. This includes using anger and even pain, if that is what is needed.

My problem is the emotions I am experiencing are not always mine. For example, I was driving home. It was a perfectly normal drive, not issues, just cruising along. I stopped at a light and all of the sudden my ears became to burn. I became extremely angry. I even started slapping/punching my own leg. Scary stuff, but remember, prior to this I was fine, not mad at all. The woman in the car next to me was not fine, however. She was yelling at her passenger. I don't know about what, but I know how mad she was because I felt it, literally.

When performing magic of any kind for another person, I have to work hard to separate my emotions from their emotions, because part of the reason the person has sought me out is likely my ability to help. I can't help, as in be myself, if I'm carrying their baggage.

Jevne

Hi Jevne
Yes I pick up on other peoples emotions too. It does mess me up a bit at times

#22 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

For me, sometimes emotions help and sometimes they hinder. I once made a portal-connection when I was highly upset and very emotional. I even relaized this as I started feeling very creepy whilst making it, and I had to burn the damn thing in the end because something else had latched onto it and started using it. I was making it in an emotional, hurt, stressed-out, confused state which was very unwise. That sort of energy attracted something that fed off it and attached to what I made and used it. On the other hand, if someone I truly loved was under real physical danger, my fear and anger would actually help becuase it would be so focused and so intense and leave no room for failure. So I suppose it depends on the spell and also the reason for the emotional state. High-emotion adrenaline rushes give men (and spells) courage and strength on a battle field, but they can sure fuck up a love spell or a spell for a new job, lol...

M

#23 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:24 AM

High-emotion adrenaline rushes give men (and spells) courage and strength on a battle field, but they can sure fuck up a love spell or a spell for a new job, lol...

M

ha ha! you are so right! I am in a muddle at the moment, lots of work on, head can't think straight, so no witchy workings for me this week! The full moon is coming too, is it coincidence - or does it totally mess my head up! Got to try to break out of the full moon = mashed head mod. :stars: :lol:

#24 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Anita, what you said about being emotionally drained causing me to fall asleep when I try to meditate makes perfect sense. It even happens when I'm sitting straight up! I think what happens is,when I'm very emotional and looking for an answer, I try to get information via meditation, but, obviously, I need to either wait or find a different route to find answers.

Chatters, what you are describing with the colors is exactly what I do when sending out healing energy! Depending on whether it is physical, emotional pain, protection, etc. I choose the color that feels right when concentrating my energy "ball" within myself, then infuse the particular intent and release. Since I'm flying completely blind-no family tradition, no teacher, it is nice to know that some of the things I am stumbling upon on my own, are not completely whacked!

Thank you both, very much!! :chakrahearts:
Elizabeth

#25 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Emotion is an integral component of my spellwork. As humans, we can not divorce ourselves completely from our emotions. I don't necessarily advocate supressing emotion during spellwork, but I do believe in channeling the corresponding energy in the right direction. Like I've said, I use whatever I can to achieve my goals. This includes using anger and even pain, if that is what is needed.

My problem is the emotions I am experiencing are not always mine. For example, I was driving home. It was a perfectly normal drive, not issues, just cruising along. I stopped at a light and all of the sudden my ears became to burn. I became extremely angry. I even started slapping/punching my own leg. Scary stuff, but remember, prior to this I was fine, not mad at all. The woman in the car next to me was not fine, however. She was yelling at her passenger. I don't know about what, but I know how mad she was because I felt it, literally.

When performing magic of any kind for another person, I have to work hard to separate my emotions from their emotions, because part of the reason the person has sought me out is likely my ability to help. I can't help, as in be myself, if I'm carrying their baggage.

Jevne

Oh I recognise that so well, not always easy for us empaths but with practice I hav e been shown it is possible to block this.

Hal wes u, folde, fira modor ! Marshy :flyaway:

#26 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hi everyone
I am still learning about my own abilities in witchcraft. I'm finding the strengths I have in general really lend themselves to my craft. For example I am very strong in visual work so I use this in my craft. I also love and hate in equal measure. When I love I do quite fiercely and can be very protective. I have found that when I use magic to protect or help those I love this works very well. However I find the outcomes to spells for myself can be inconsistent. I was wondering If anyone has any ideas on why this could be?

Hi, in my opinion three things sprin to mind here, intent, visulisation of the desired outcome and the mot difficult for empaths; at times you need to learn to be SELFISH. Its not as bad as it sounds, if you think about it you are able to help others more if you can help yourself. I had this problem, I could do thins for others but not myself, until sumone who knows better pointed it out to me. Good Luck

Hal wes u, folde, fira modor ! Marshy :flyaway:

#27 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

Oh I recognise that so well, not always easy for us empaths but with practice I hav e been shown it is possible to block this.

Hi, Marshy:

I am able to block as soon as I become aware of the situation; however, I still get caught off guard. When I was younger and full of angst, as so many teenagers are, I asked my family to help me block out the emotions of others. I just couldn't handle it, I told them. They did help me to minimize the impact and learn to differentiate my emotions from others, but they didn't want me to completely block my empathic ability. I have come to understand that this is my gift; one that instead of fighting, I have learned to honor. Once one knows what others are feeling, even if the emotions is not showing, one can do some pretty amazing things. I can comfort them, give them what they desire, and (dare I say it) even manipulate them to do what I want. With small adjustments in my actions and responses, I can connect immediately with nearly everyone. I believe empathic ability is under-appreciated.

Jevne