- - - - -

Craft for self and others

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

Hi everyone
I am still learning about my own abilities in witchcraft. I'm finding the strengths I have in general really lend themselves to my craft. For example I am very strong in visual work so I use this in my craft. I also love and hate in equal measure. When I love I do quite fiercely and can be very protective. I have found that when I use magic to protect or help those I love this works very well. However I find the outcomes to spells for myself can be inconsistent. I was wondering If anyone has any ideas on why this could be?

#2 Foxfur

Foxfur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

Don't really have that problem, I don't think ...... Uh wait, yes I do! Mines only with protecting myself though, I can protect everything else, the house, the dogs, scott etc. Just not me.
So I just never bother anymore :smile: I gave up ages ago. I wonder sometimes if I am not strong enough to protect many things at once, but when this thought pops into my head I just push It out thinking "Don't think shit". I'm generally lucky anyway, if the situation is extremely urgent I just seem to fly past it with little or no damage. Not many girls have been hit 3 times by cars and come out fine I can tell you ( yes, their fault not mine!), and I remember defending friend Lucy from some bullies in Iceland in school days, this girl just headbutted me 4-5 times then backed off looking completely shocked. That may be irrelavant, I don't know if I did anything to her. She was pregnant at the time ( slut ), so I wouldn't hit her, but I felt I had to do something. Anyway, she had twins and one of them is braindamaged.
She hasn't even spoken to me since. I think I scared her :rolleyes_witch: but she was a complete bitch anyway and i don't care if I did something to her like a hex or curse or whatever, she needed a good slap!
There has been more strange, ludicritive things in times of urgency, but thats all I shall write about for now, I wouldn't want to bore everyone here who has most likely had similiar experiences. :chakrahearts:

Farewell and goodday :wave:

G. Lyons { Whomever understands life, will understand me}
{ The person who rejects life as it is, cannot ever understand}

#3 Guest_Alayna_*

Guest_Alayna_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Don't really have that problem, I don't think ...... Uh wait, yes I do! Mines only with protecting myself though, I can protect everything else, the house, the dogs, scott etc. Just not me.
So I just never bother anymore :smile: I gave up ages ago. I wonder sometimes if I am not strong enough to protect many things at once, but when this thought pops into my head I just push It out thinking "Don't think shit". I'm generally lucky anyway, if the situation is extremely urgent I just seem to fly past it with little or no damage. Not many girls have been hit 3 times by cars and come out fine I can tell you ( yes, their fault not mine!), and I remember defending friend Lucy from some bullies in Iceland in school days, this girl just headbutted me 4-5 times then backed off looking completely shocked. That may be irrelavant, I don't know if I did anything to her. She was pregnant at the time ( slut ), so I wouldn't hit her, but I felt I had to do something. Anyway, she had twins and one of them is braindamaged.
She hasn't even spoken to me since. I think I scared her :rolleyes_witch: but she was a complete bitch anyway and i don't care if I did something to her like a hex or curse or whatever, she needed a good slap!
There has been more strange, ludicritive things in times of urgency, but thats all I shall write about for now, I wouldn't want to bore everyone here who has most likely had similiar experiences. :chakrahearts:

Farewell and goodday :wave:

Hi Chatters,

There are host of reasons why you might be experiencing inconsistancies with your spellwork. I find for me that my state of mind is important for the effectiveness of the spell to achieve it's desired outcome. Are u doing spellwork while tired, depressed or ill? Perhaps you are feeling a bit impatient for the desired outcome to happened faster than the universe sees fit? If you're not building up enough energy, this might also affect the outcome of your Magical workings, or if your heart is not in what you're doing could also lessen it's effect. Believing in what you're doing at the moment and for the reasons at hand, is also a biggie, and if a spell doesnt work the first time, perhaps tweaking it a bit, and giving it another go would be in order....Just my thoughts on it...good luck..you'll be fine!

Alayna

#4 Foxfur

Foxfur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

{Are u doing spellwork while tired, depressed or ill?}

yeh, that effects your magic to btw, something I forgot to mention. Thanks for telling her Alayna :happy: and me, lol cause I'm taking the advice about the tweaking bits.

Edited by Foxfur, 11 November 2010 - 05:47 PM.

G. Lyons { Whomever understands life, will understand me}
{ The person who rejects life as it is, cannot ever understand}

#5 Guest_loki1980_*

Guest_loki1980_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

{Are u doing spellwork while tired, depressed or ill?}

yeh, that effects your magic to btw, something I forgot to mention. Thanks for telling her Alayna :happy: and me, lol cause I'm taking the advice about the tweaking bits.

with me, its either lack of patience for the outcome, im wanting instant gratification, or thinking back after ive done the spell its something i really in heart didnt want... so i think ill take an extra day just to question myself to make sure i want what im asking for and theres no little doubts there.

#6 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments

To be fair, I haven't practised a lot of spells that are just for me, I have crafted spells for people I'm close to and my husband often which have always worked. I do think that I build up more energy and also put more work in because I care so much. Now I think of it, the spells that have worked well have always been around clearing my mind, calming myself and similar - so those have worked well. Will rethink how I am making spells for myself.

#7 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

with me, its either lack of patience for the outcome, im wanting instant gratification, or thinking back after ive done the spell its something i really in heart didnt want... so i think ill take an extra day just to question myself to make sure i want what im asking for and theres no little doubts there.

Yes I have done that too Loki, in thinking about if I really want what I have asked for. I'm also quite a simple person in my wants. Most of what I want tends to based around the home and family.

Thanks for your advice Loki

#8 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Hi Chatters,

There are host of reasons why you might be experiencing inconsistancies with your spellwork. I find for me that my state of mind is important for the effectiveness of the spell to achieve it's desired outcome. Are u doing spellwork while tired, depressed or ill? Perhaps you are feeling a bit impatient for the desired outcome to happened faster than the universe sees fit? If you're not building up enough energy, this might also affect the outcome of your Magical workings, or if your heart is not in what you're doing could also lessen it's effect. Believing in what you're doing at the moment and for the reasons at hand, is also a biggie, and if a spell doesnt work the first time, perhaps tweaking it a bit, and giving it another go would be in order....Just my thoughts on it...good luck..you'll be fine!

Alayna

Hi Alayna

I think that the building up enough energy has also been a problem as I said earlier. I spend more time on crafting spells for others then I do for myself. This doesnt mean me being unselfish or anything like that. I just think the need for a particular outcome makes a huge difference, for example when I want to help my family, there is a deep need. I have not had this need for myself for a while. So I suppose it all adds up. And I will take your advice about tweaking also.

Thank you very much for your advice

#9 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

Also how about emotion - I'm very tied to my emotions and react accordingly. i think I tend to approach my spell craft in the same way.

How about everyone else, do you find emotion can add a lot? for me it can strengthen focus. I wonder if this can also be a factor for me when creating spells for myself.

Alayna - yes depression can be around for me, especially at this time of year. I have suffered with depression since my teen years. So it is something I have excepted. Well I suppose it affects everything else in my life so of course it is going to affect how I build energy and how much energy I even have to create a spell

Again thank you very much for your advice everyone. Really helped and made me rethink how i do a few things

#10 Guest_Alayna_*

Guest_Alayna_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

Also how about emotion - I'm very tied to my emotions and react accordingly. i think I tend to approach my spell craft in the same way.

How about everyone else, do you find emotion can add a lot? for me it can strengthen focus. I wonder if this can also be a factor for me when creating spells for myself.

Alayna - yes depression can be around for me, especially at this time of year. I have suffered with depression since my teen years. So it is something I have excepted. Well I suppose it affects everything else in my life so of course it is going to affect how I build energy and how much energy I even have to create a spell

Again thank you very much for your advice everyone. Really helped and made me rethink how i do a few things

Chatters love,

perhaps there is an underlying cause to this....if u searched within...ask if there's something that tells you you're not as "worthy" of the "correct" outcome of a spell as you feel your family and friends are. Emotion is raw energy..how you channel it and where u focus it ...matters. If you're "too" emotional, I like to think of the energy as a circuit board...little tiny lights going all over the place, randomly all at once...and to me..this is confusing...so, is it confusing for the "universe" to understand what u really want from it?
Many of us suffer from one challenge or another....it's the tougher side of life...the key is to know it, realize when it's occuring and deal with it at that moment, properly. We are energy..everything is energy, so....If our energy is "scrambled" or not working at it's fuller capacity, what do u have? Failure? Disappointment? Be patient, and more understanding and loving to yourself. You are worth just as much good energy and positive "outcomes" for that which you seek..as anyone else. The power is yours Chatters, not theirs...so use it for YOU.

Emotions however can play a positive role in spellwork..it has to! Tha't s what it's about...you just cant be drained of it... How can you Hex if you're in la la land..happy as a clam? I smell backfire. The correct emotion is warranted for THE spell you are doing..AT THE TIME. Pace yourself..

Alayna

Alayna

#11 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

Chatters love,

perhaps there is an underlying cause to this....if u searched within...ask if there's something that tells you you're not as "worthy" of the "correct" outcome of a spell as you feel your family and friends are. Emotion is raw energy..how you channel it and where u focus it ...matters. If you're "too" emotional, I like to think of the energy as a circuit board...little tiny lights going all over the place, randomly all at once...and to me..this is confusing...so, is it confusing for the "universe" to understand what u really want from it?
Many of us suffer from one challenge or another....it's the tougher side of life...the key is to know it, realize when it's occuring and deal with it at that moment, properly. We are energy..everything is energy, so....If our energy is "scrambled" or not working at it's fuller capacity, what do u have? Failure? Disappointment? Be patient, and more understanding and loving to yourself. You are worth just as much good energy and positive "outcomes" for that which you seek..as anyone else. The power is yours Chatters, not theirs...so use it for YOU.

Emotions however can play a positive role in spellwork..it has to! Tha't s what it's about...you just cant be drained of it... How can you Hex if you're in la la land..happy as a clam? I smell backfire. The correct emotion is warranted for THE spell you are doing..AT THE TIME. Pace yourself..

Alayna

Thanks for your lovely reply hon. Maybe there is still part of me that feels this way, I thought that side of me was behind me. Will need to work on that a bit

Alayna

#12 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

Maybe it is a matter of being it's you, you're not as objective. Like we can all see why our best friend should stop dating that asshole from hell, but when we're the one dating the asshole, it's just not that easy to see it. A lot like that question "why can't witches get the winning lottery numbers." Are you letting the spell "go" or keeping it attached to you and this realm? Also, are you "fighting" it and not realizing it? Years ago I once did a spell after I had broken up with someone - I was hurt and wanted to get back that feeling of being in love and not feel hurt, so I did a spell for a love. I couldn't even fathom what someone else I'd love would be like, when I'd look at other people I didn't even want to kiss them - I only WANTED x. And I knew this, so I put in the spell "the right person for me who I can love right now". Well, "x" showed up on my doorstep with a sixpack (don't ask) and we got back together and it only pro-longed the inevitable (sp?) messy break-up. I got exactly what I'd asked for - someone I loved the same as I loved "x". I was not over "x" and deep down all I wanted and hoped for was x to come back. And that's what I got. I'd have done better to do a spell on myself to help myself grow as a person and get over "x' and move on to bigger and better, but hey - live and learn :-) So are you maybe wanting something, but spelling for something else. What is it deep down that you're really working/wanting on? or I could be way off in left field because now I'm judging you by my own experiences, lol ;-)

M

#13 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

This thread has answered a question for me that has been on my mind a LOT, lately. Thank you all, so much, for your insightful information and guidance!!
Elizabeth

#14 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Maybe it is a matter of being it's you, you're not as objective. Like we can all see why our best friend should stop dating that asshole from hell, but when we're the one dating the asshole, it's just not that easy to see it. A lot like that question "why can't witches get the winning lottery numbers." Are you letting the spell "go" or keeping it attached to you and this realm? Also, are you "fighting" it and not realizing it? Years ago I once did a spell after I had broken up with someone - I was hurt and wanted to get back that feeling of being in love and not feel hurt, so I did a spell for a love. I couldn't even fathom what someone else I'd love would be like, when I'd look at other people I didn't even want to kiss them - I only WANTED x. And I knew this, so I put in the spell "the right person for me who I can love right now". Well, "x" showed up on my doorstep with a sixpack (don't ask) and we got back together and it only pro-longed the inevitable (sp?) messy break-up. I got exactly what I'd asked for - someone I loved the same as I loved "x". I was not over "x" and deep down all I wanted and hoped for was x to come back. And that's what I got. I'd have done better to do a spell on myself to help myself grow as a person and get over "x' and move on to bigger and better, but hey - live and learn :-) So are you maybe wanting something, but spelling for something else. What is it deep down that you're really working/wanting on? or I could be way off in left field because now I'm judging you by my own experiences, lol ;-)

M

Thanks Michelle, very insightful. Something else for me to have a think about

#15 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

Your own emotions can have an effect on how you feel to what you are doing at the time - if I am feeling down I tend to steer clear of anything witchy at all (apart from reading books!) - I think my confidence must just drop and I feel that I would be rubbish anyway.

Once I get through a down patch I find that, once my emotions return to being a happy soul, I am alot more confident about turning my hand to just about anything witchy.

I am at the moment trying to work out whether the full moon makes me a bit depressed - its odd, but i have been going through a few small patches of feeling depressed over the last few months which I am wondering if they tie in with the this (I tend to get very heavy headed before thunderstorms too), so shall see soon - not long to go till the next one! Or maybe its just the ton of work I am trying to get through at the moment!:brickwall: :lol_witch:

You never know, maybe with all the natural rhythms we have going on in the body and universe some might find they are stronger and more confident at certain times, so these may be the best times to do workings for you.:chakrahearts:

#16 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

I agree with what Michele says. In my experience there are spells I have done where I desire for something so intensely (not materialistic somethings) that I believe subconsciously I am blocking them, I am holding onto them instead of sending them out into the universe, the more I try, the more I hold on (not intentionally). I have done many spells that have worked to my exact intent, as it is, most of those spells are either hexes or spells providing me with information I need. I have done spells when angry, but made sure I pinpointed exactly what I wanted, never done with a knee jerk reaction, those spells work exactly how I intend. I have decided the only way I can unblock those said spells is to stop trying and then maybe subconsciously they will release themselves.

Anita.

#17 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

I get a bit confused by this part. With our will being a big component of successfull magic, when I am the most emotional, I cannot even seem to meditate without falling immediately asleep. I sometimes feel like I'm being told "not now", or that I need to figure it out on my own. However, when we are doing spellwork for others, helping or hexing, it stands to reason that we would be emotional. Thus the confusion. Does anyone else experience this? Or does it, possibly, go back to learning self control, as mentioned in another thread??
Elizabeth

#18 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

I get a bit confused by this part. With our will being a big component of successfull magic, when I am the most emotional, I cannot even seem to meditate without falling immediately asleep. I sometimes feel like I'm being told "not now", or that I need to figure it out on my own. However, when we are doing spellwork for others, helping or hexing, it stands to reason that we would be emotional. Thus the confusion. Does anyone else experience this? Or does it, possibly, go back to learning self control, as mentioned in another thread??
Elizabeth

If you are in a state of high emotion, that alone can drain you mentally, to then meditate, your conscience and subconscious, waves/vibrations etc would change frequency, to a soothing relaxing state, hence you would fall asleep, it is best to meditate sitting up, not on a bed or sofa, unless you want to fall asleep that is. To put emotions into a spell would be different, because you are focusing and putting yourself into that spell. two different states of mind (Imho)

Anita.

#19 Guest_Chatters_*

Guest_Chatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hi everyone More great comments :happy:

I have had a good think about what may be affecting my spell craft when casting for myself, and on the whole have realised that it is mainly the amount of energy I put in and also as Michelle said it is quite hard for me to be objective and concentrate, my mind can get a bit mixed up about what I exactly want - the outcome I want from a spell. For example I cast a spell to help with a job interview - a honey jar. I did get exactly what I asked for - and I was offered a job but I couldn't take it because the money was too low. Having said this I got what I wanted and in this case my intent was quite focused, however the outcome to what I wanted in the first place turned out differently, My mind was a bit clearer, in what I decided to do - in the end i decided to stay with my current post and will begin looking again later in the year for various reasons, one of the reasons is that I want to finish a course I have started at work, which will benefit me when looking for work later.

Other times I have not decided on exactly what I have wanted but have not realised this until later. After much thought I have realised what I want and what my needs are. Some of which are not being met because I am thinking of others, this is not a bad thing, the other person needs me and needs my full support. He has given me and would gave me the same full support if I needed it.

Having said this, what this post has helped me realise is that I do need to give myself some time, doing things that I want. I'm making plans to do just this :smile:

ejfinch
I have found using emotion in spell craft to be very successful - it helps my focus. However it does take a bit of practice but can be done through meditation and visualisation. Sometimes it helps me to focus on an emotion in a very visual way - what colour could a emotion be. I can imagine a red mist for anger. Pink and sometimes green too for love. I imagine the emotion to be glowing. The feeling for that emotion is always there, I focus it and then let it flow into an object that I am concentrating on. Its like talking to something and connecting with it - this is what I want you do. All of this comes together well for me.

#20 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

Emotion is an integral component of my spellwork. As humans, we can not divorce ourselves completely from our emotions. I don't necessarily advocate supressing emotion during spellwork, but I do believe in channeling the corresponding energy in the right direction. Like I've said, I use whatever I can to achieve my goals. This includes using anger and even pain, if that is what is needed.

My problem is the emotions I am experiencing are not always mine. For example, I was driving home. It was a perfectly normal drive, not issues, just cruising along. I stopped at a light and all of the sudden my ears became to burn. I became extremely angry. I even started slapping/punching my own leg. Scary stuff, but remember, prior to this I was fine, not mad at all. The woman in the car next to me was not fine, however. She was yelling at her passenger. I don't know about what, but I know how mad she was because I felt it, literally.

When performing magic of any kind for another person, I have to work hard to separate my emotions from their emotions, because part of the reason the person has sought me out is likely my ability to help. I can't help, as in be myself, if I'm carrying their baggage.

Jevne