• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

An interesting online store with any number of traditional herbs, incenses, oils, ointments and artwork all handmade by the proprietess. The witch who runs the shop grows many of the herbs herself and offers things that can be hard to come by in a city. She also makes kyphi incense and a wonder one she calls Bee Oracle, which is amazing. I actually found this woman's blog through Gemma Gary's Cornish Witchcraft site- I guess she's a fan or a friend. :) For you Canadians out there, this is a home-grown venture located in Vancouver. She ships internationally, too.

http://forestgrovebotanica.com/
The store is also on Facebook.

-P

#2 Guest_Alayna_*

Guest_Alayna_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

An interesting online store with any number of traditional herbs, incenses, oils, ointments and artwork all handmade by the proprietess. The witch who runs the shop grows many of the herbs herself and offers things that can be hard to come by in a city. She also makes kyphi incense and a wonder one she calls Bee Oracle, which is amazing. I actually found this woman's blog through Gemma Gary's Cornish Witchcraft site- I guess she's a fan or a friend. :) For you Canadians out there, this is a home-grown venture located in Vancouver. She ships internationally, too.

-P

I really like the main page and the way it's decorated...very cool....Forestgrovebot. is very popular online....I've been directed to her link many times when surfing for info on the Craft! Ty for sharing Patrima

Alayna

#3 thecuriouslibran

thecuriouslibran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

I think I randomly wandered over to her site somehow one time while I was researching something...I didn't linger long back then, but I'm looking through some of the stuff now and she has quite a nice selection! Thanks for sharing!

#4 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

I haven't purchased anything from there yet, but planning too soon, when the shop gets back up again! Some really nice stuff on there for a trad witch.:smile:

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#5 Blacksmith

Blacksmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

-P

Etsy is a great site. Unfortunately, when I looked they are on vacation. I posted my favorite botanica under "shoppes", but I will certainly check back with forest grove when they are back from vacation. Thanks.

#6 Meghan

Meghan

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Wanted to bump this because I just got some great incense and flying ointment from her. Every thing was packaged nicely and shipped quickly.

#7 snowebird

snowebird

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Curious if anyone has bought anything from her? I read her blog and have been wanting to try one of her flying ointments along with purchasing some of her amazing looking incense.

#8 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I have not ordered from her, but my understanding is her things are quite well-liked from what I had read. She used to be a member here back when she had more time on her hands (went under the name of Lorilar or something similar if I remember correctly)... anyway, her posts were quite good. :-)

M

#9 snowebird

snowebird

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Took the plunge and ordered some of her Witches Ointment (perfect for my strong attachment to wormwood) and found my package awaiting me about ten days after ordering. The ointment smelled delightful and I had some excellent experiences while reading my cards and using it.
Definitely going back for more goods from her.

#10 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

Cannot find her shop online or on Facebook, and the link does not seem to work. Is this botanica still in business? All this talking up, I hope I am merely being stupid and unable to find it...

RSKHFMY

#11 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

It's now http://blackartsfoundry.com/
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#12 SerpentWitch

SerpentWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

Interesting shop. It looks like she's only selling some ointments right now. I think it would be terribly expensive to get it shipped to the Netherlands, though. :sad:

Posted ImageWalking in Darkness

#13 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

If not expensive, slow. It took a month for me to receive a small item. I'm happy with it, tho. I enjoy her site and artwork, too. I think it was mentioned that she was once a member here.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#14 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

Thank you!

RSKHFMY