2 new pendants ^^

Honeythorn

This time I've made a necklace of Holly berries, using 9 berries, eyepins and some normal jewellery chain . I read that Holly is used often for protection, not sure why I picked 9, I just did *shrug*

It's a simple design, and the berries will dry whilst on the chain as it was easier to thread them on this way.

stuff298797005.jpg

The other is my Dried frog locket! Father found the little dried up frog on the windowsill in the mens toilets at work. The only explanation he could come up with as to how it got there, is that it managed to crawl up the wall somehow and through the window ( which is always slightly open ) Why it would do that I have no idea .

Anyway, Father knows my love for roadkill and dried up creatures, so he brought him home.

I know frogs are used in hoodoo and so on, but usually ground up into powders? If the frog had been all mashed up I would have used him in that way, but he died in such an artful position I couldn't bear to pound him up when he could be a great pendant. I'm not sure what magical uses he would have in this state other than to represent two worlds/states ( fluid water and solid earth as they can suvive in both )

I got the locket from Etsy and have given the frog a simple background of Silver Birch bark ( it's white and he's black so he'd show up better ) and a twist of copper wire worked into 2 spirals.

stuff298797006.jpg

( sorry for the picture quality I have only my phone at the moment )

I must admit, when I first started reading, I thought . . . dead frog? Yuck. BUT, your art work makes a statement about the spiral of life and death and the inherent beauty to be found in the perceptually unattractive.

Very nice!

Jevne

I like both pieces. but I have to ask.

The frog piece...doesn't it have an odor to it? I have and use dried frogs, and lizards in my workings and i know they always have the scent of decay to them. I would find the odor a little hard to get past to wear it as an actual piece. Perhaps in certain rites as a special ceremonial piece, maybe.

anyway, really good job I really like them!

I like both pieces. but I have to ask.

The frog piece...doesn't it have an odor to it? I have and use dried frogs, and lizards in my workings and i know they always have the scent of decay to them.

No, absolutely no smell whatsoever ( I actually have just gone and sniffed it haha ) I have no idea how long he was on the windowsill though, and he is completely dry and dessicated.

Perhaps the ones you're using aren't quite totally dried up on the indside and are still decaying a little?

Archived