32 replies to this topic

#21 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yay it's not just me!

Yes Jevne I have had similar experiences, I have actually thrown myself out of bed because I thought the closet was falling on me. One night I beat the heck out of my husband because a strange woman climbed in bed between us he kept trying to wake me up but I was in that half awake state and actually thought it was real lol. I still get mad at him about it even though I know it wasn't real. I know it sounds crazy but when something seems that real its hard to make your brain not believe it. So nope your not alone, I actually I have only discussed this with my DR before because I seriously thought I was going crazy. My scariest ones are when I feel like I'm drowning and can't get to the surface I often wonder if I'm actually not breathing because I wake up gasping for breath and in a high adrenalin state and can't get back to sleep after wards. I haven't had any in years though because I spelled a dream catcher to catch these panic inducing visions.

#22 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Every once in a while in the last couple of years or so after I have awakened and there would be something spinning around.

Last year, for example one night I awoke on the sofa downstairs. Fell asleep and then it was perhaps 3 in the morning when awoke. I then positioned myself from lying on the sofa to sitting on it and I was thinking for a minute and in the side of my eyes I sense something moving then I looked at the lamp shade of this lamp and I see it spinning and as I was looking at it - it actually started to slow down the spinning and continue to slow till it completely stop.

I though of it very strange because the scientific mind in me would say if it was an illusion.. the minute you look straight at it you would find that nothing was going on but this was still spinning as I looked at it.

More recently perhaps a week ago, I was sitting in the recliner chair I awoke and I see the dog toy, a stuffed animal, on the top of the cabinet spinning around and around and then it slowed down to a stop.

It may be something returning to me from the past.

Around 40+ years ago, I was a kid in bed at the middle of night I awoke and I see a wood chair that is to the side near the end of the bed was spinning around and around even when I sit up and when I yelled for my parents it was still spinning but when they came to the room and clicked on the light it stopped. but I had the chair removed from my room for awhile.

perhaps I got so scared of it back then. But now I'm open minded about it and trying to duplicate it while awake. As there are other times I see things moved from one location to another but didn't see it happen. You have to remember that I am the only one in the house now so now I can be more aware of things moved.

Yesterday morning when I awoke in the chair around 445 to 455 AM I was sitting for awhile and I heard a woman saying "watch !" loud and sharp. It startled me a little, I do hear words spoken in my mind from time to time but this one was louder and sharper.

Sorry if I went off topic

#23 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I see things move all the time and I total get the loud shout lol. Last one was my dad he shouted so loud and out of nowhere made me jump.He said " the train stops at yours" Indeed it did!! My cousin was on his way to me from sicily. He took a train from London down to me. My hubby wont look when i say look at that!! Heheee. Big old pussy.

#24 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Bumping for the enjoyment of all.  Touches on the between wake and sleep stage, which is being discussed on some level in various areas of the Forum.

#25 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

This was a neat thread, thanks for bumping, Jevne! 

I've experienced very vivid lucid dreams and some astral projection in the process of waking up.  It sometimes seem like I have more luck with that than when I try on purpose. LOL  

I take advantage of it when I can - for me it's always a great way to think through issues and see them for other perspectives.  When I was in elementary school I actually used lucid dreaming to figure out math problems and other school problems through lucid dreaming - I'd wake up with a complete understanding of the problem when I had gone to sleep the night before very confused.  Didn't know what it was for years, but I was thankful I had the presence of mind to use it when I did.  

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#26 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yay it's not just me!

Yes Jevne I have had similar experiences, I have actually thrown myself out of bed because I thought the closet was falling on me. One night I beat the heck out of my husband because a strange woman climbed in bed between us he kept trying to wake me up but I was in that half awake state and actually thought it was real lol. I still get mad at him about it even though I know it wasn't real. I know it sounds crazy but when something seems that real its hard to make your brain not believe it. So nope your not alone, I actually I have only discussed this with my DR before because I seriously thought I was going crazy. My scariest ones are when I feel like I'm drowning and can't get to the surface I often wonder if I'm actually not breathing because I wake up gasping for breath and in a high adrenalin state and can't get back to sleep after wards. I haven't had any in years though because I spelled a dream catcher to catch these panic inducing visions.

I had to chuckle when I read about the "woman in the bed."  I had the same thing happen.

The woman in my bed was a solid black form, sitting between my husband and me, leaning over  and  pushing on my injured shoulder.  I thought she was trying to kill me!

I sat up and kept trying to fight her off, which then woke up my husband and when he turned over, she evaporated.  But oddly my shoulder pain subsided the next day.  A few weeks later the pain returned and I was complaining about it and my husband said I needed to get that woman back into out bed to heal me again! 

I still think it was an actual entity of some form and not a lucid dream.  (We were living on a very "active" property where all kinds of freaky things went on.)

#27 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

I had to chuckle when I read about the "woman in the bed."  I had the same thing happen.

The woman in my bed was a solid black form, sitting between my husband and me, leaning over  and  pushing on my injured shoulder.  I thought she was trying to kill me!

I sat up and kept trying to fight her off, which then woke up my husband and when he turned over, she evaporated.  But oddly my shoulder pain subsided the next day.  A few weeks later the pain returned and I was complaining about it and my husband said I needed to get that woman back into out bed to heal me again! 

I still think it was an actual entity of some form and not a lucid dream.  (We were living on a very "active" property where all kinds of freaky things went on.)

I agree that sounds like an entity. If you havn't already done so, I would research the property and see if there is a history of any nurses or nuns attached to the property. :)  

#28 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I agree that sounds like an entity. If you havn't already done so, I would research the property and see if there is a history of any nurses or nuns attached to the property. :smile:

I agree that sounds like an entity. If you havn't already done so, I would research the property and see if there is a history of any nurses or nuns attached to the property. :smile:

Well, I have moved from there, but I have researched the property and found a few things regarding Native Americans (Creek and Cherokee) but nothing about any nurses.

#29 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Well, I have moved from there, but I have researched the property and found a few things regarding Native Americans (Creek and Cherokee) but nothing about any nurses.

Interesting.  I suggested nurses as it seems like you were helped by the entity.  

#30 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

That's the thing.  I was helped, but she didn't look like a nurse.  She was solid black, like a black cardboard cut-out.  I did not see any facial features.  I say "her" based on her size and intuition, but it may have been male.  The hair was sticking up weirdly. 

Whatever it was it did help me (after scaring me shitless).

#31 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

That's the thing.  I was helped, but she didn't look like a nurse.  She was solid black, like a black cardboard cut-out.  I did not see any facial features.  I say "her" based on her size and intuition, but it may have been male.  The hair was sticking up weirdly. 

Whatever it was it did help me (after scaring me shitless).

Black is not always ominous either.  Black manifestations sometimes don't have enough energy to full manifest in to the form they want to project. Have you tried to contact and talk to it?

#32 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Black is not always ominous either.  Black manifestations sometimes don't have enough energy to full manifest in to the form they want to project. Have you tried to contact and talk to it?

Never saw it again, but yes when my shoulder started hurting again I did ask it to come back and "fix me again."

I wasn't frightened by the blackness of the form, just the fact that it was in the bed with me and pushing on me.  It was only later that morning that I realized it had actually helped me.  I think it was the initial shock of seeing and feeling it that scared me.

#33 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Funny, I was just talking to someone about this yesterday....  When I wake up, sometimes I have very DMT like visuals.  I used to smoke DMT a bit, so I know what the visuals look like, and this is very similar.  I bet it is more then just DMT - probably melatonin and such too, but there is a certain similarity.  I especially get this if I wake up in the night and have to pee - almost like an adventure walking to the bathroom with all the visuals  :Witch-1:

Usually the nights when this happens I will also have vivid or insightful dreams.....  I dont always remember my dreams, so this stands out to me.