The Occult Reliquary

Guest Grimr

The Occult Reliquary: The Richel Collection

Edited by Daniel A. Schulke; Forward by Graham King

Three Hands Press

Has anyone received their copy? (assuming they pre-ordered one)

It is absolutely striking! It is a collection of images from the Richel Collection housed at the Museum of Witchcraft, besides the introduction and forward there are no words (except for the occasional notes written by the artists), as Mr. Schulke called it - a "Silent Book". It details some of the most beautiful images documenting ritual artifacts, practices, rituals, etc. that I have seen and gives one a deeper understanding of the synergy between Traditional Rural Witchcraft, Sex Magic and elements of High Angelic conjurations. While it certainly wont be appealing to everyone I found it gave a deeper depth to certain aspects of my own craft and it's history - some of these are images of rituals/artifacts that haven't been seen outside of closed initiatory forms of traditional Witchcraft. I recommend it for it's beauty, for it's enigma and riddle, and for it's (The Richel Collections) legacy.

Three Hands Press

It is absolutely striking! It is a collection of images from the Richel Collection housed at the Museum of Witchcraft, besides the introduction and forward there are no words (except for the occasional notes written by the artists), as Mr. Schulke called it - a "Silent Book". It details some of the most beautiful images documenting ritual artifacts, practices, rituals, etc. that I have seen and gives one a deeper understanding of the synergy between Traditional Rural Witchcraft, Sex Magic and elements of High Angelic conjurations. While it certainly wont be appealing to everyone I found it gave a deeper depth to certain aspects of my own craft and it's history - some of these are images of rituals/artifacts that haven't been seen outside of closed initiatory forms of traditional Witchcraft. I recommend it for it's beauty, for it's enigma and riddle, and for it's (The Richel Collections) legacy.

Hey Grim - No, I haven't seen it (didn't have the money at the tiime...) but it sounds lovely. ONe day, if I ever make it up to your neck of hte woods, you will have to show it to me :-)

M

From whom did you order? The book sounds lovely.

http://www.threehandspress.com/

It's published through Three Hand Press, a sister publishing company of Xoanon Publishing.

If their books interest you, I highly recommend subscribing to their subscription list, as they tend to get rather pricey shortly after release.

Hey Grim - No, I haven't seen it (didn't have the money at the tiime...) but it sounds lovely. ONe day, if I ever make it up to your neck of hte woods, you will have to show it to me :-)

M

Given the price, I had no intentions of buying it - however given the opportunity to see it I couldn't resist (Bad G!!) but yes! If you are up in my neck of the woods (or I down in yours!) I will be sure to let you have complete access to it! :)

G

I ordered my copy online at Fields Books. I saw the promotional video from the Museum of Witchcraft's blog, and like Grimr, couldn't resist getting a copy for myself. It truly is a beautiful fascinating book.

Oohhh! thanks for that Lela! I hadn't seen the video before. It really is lovely - I keep going back and just staring and studying some of the images, they just fascinate me!

Grimr! When I saw this on Fields' Books website, I thought of you right away. (I don't have a copy yet, but will do)

I see this book as a unique opportunity, especially since there is no text around the images. How rare and valuable a chance to feed your instinct with the purity of a thing's existence! The old idea about photographic images capturing the essence of a soul rings true and a publication like this will be even more heavy with meaning for it. If magical words in a magical text have their own life- what then the image?

-P

Three Hands Press

Grimr! When I saw this on Fields' Books website, I thought of you right away. (I don't have a copy yet, but will do)

I see this book as a unique opportunity, especially since there is no text around the images. How rare and valuable a chance to feed your instinct with the purity of a thing's existence! The old idea about photographic images capturing the essence of a soul rings true and a publication like this will be even more heavy with meaning for it. If magical words in a magical text have their own life- what then the image?

-P

Hey P!!

I completely agree with you on the essence of these images - it takes us into a broader category of Art as a mode of transmission, utilizing the creative force to "enflesh" the living current of a Tradition (hmmmmm!) As a friend said, it is "A Grimoire in the true sense of the word." - I quite agree with that statement.

G

Hey P!!

I completely agree with you on the essence of these images - it takes us into a broader category of Art as a mode of transmission, utilizing the creative force to "enflesh" the living current of a Tradition (hmmmmm!) As a friend said, it is "A Grimoire in the true sense of the word." - I quite agree with that statement.

G

Oooh, yeah! I totally agree with that statement too. Art has no bounds and has its own magical influences, but art created with magical intentions is so powerful. It lives.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived