• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:46 AM

I myself have never had any negative experiences, but have worked with some very NASTY spirits. I have also more than once been called upon to save the ass of the inexperienced from these nasty spirits that were called forth in stupidity.

Ditto. And why is it that people who have never worked with such beings always seem the most likely to call to mess with these spirits. Guess it is the lack of experience that makes this decision for them.

#22 Guest_Ophelia_*

Guest_Ophelia_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

Ditto. And why is it that people who have never worked with such beings always seem the most likely to call to mess with these spirits. Guess it is the lack of experience that makes this decision for them.

Potentially hazardous way to learn a lesson regarding the Craft, but....some folks just have to put their noses where it doesn't belong or let their ego get the best of them and not ask for assitance or guidance in such manners.

Edited by Ophelia, 16 September 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#23 morganeuse

morganeuse

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

I've used it only once, shortly after moving back to Brighton by the sea. I go on the full moon (and whenever else I feel like going) to sit by the sea at night and... I don't really know how to explain it. Re-energise myself, I guess. The first time I did it, I took some graveyard dirt along with me and sprinkled it around me as I sat and watched the waves. It was a kind of symbolism (returning to a place I'd previously left) and for some reason just felt important. I hadn't planned to do it, it was just something my mind told me to do as I passed a graveyard on the way to the sea.

I'm interested by all the replies though, and it's something I've considered working with more often, but like others have said, it must be treated with great respect, I believe.

#24 Guest_Alayna_*

Guest_Alayna_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

I've used it only once, shortly after moving back to Brighton by the sea. I go on the full moon (and whenever else I feel like going) to sit by the sea at night and... I don't really know how to explain it. Re-energise myself, I guess. The first time I did it, I took some graveyard dirt along with me and sprinkled it around me as I sat and watched the waves. It was a kind of symbolism (returning to a place I'd previously left) and for some reason just felt important. I hadn't planned to do it, it was just something my mind told me to do as I passed a graveyard on the way to the sea.

I'm interested by all the replies though, and it's something I've considered working with more often, but like others have said, it must be treated with great respect, I believe.

Hi,

I'm only a half hour's drive to the sea, and I know exactly how you feel about being near the water and hearing it's powerful waves pound the shore, and during a full moon?! Perfect! Graveyard dirt can be very powerful on it's own of course, but with the energy from the graveyard combined with that of the sea is big....I do hope you remembered to "buy" the dirt; usually leaving a silver dime at the gravesite or entrance to the cemetary is permitted. Also, do u know the person who you removed the dirt from? This helps a great deal....be careful "who" you summons. Always ask permission before removing the dirt, and only take a small amount, no more than a handful. This is when it's typically time to "pay" for the dirt.....and say thank you!

Alayna

#25 morganeuse

morganeuse

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

I'm only a half hour's drive to the sea, and I know exactly how you feel about being near the water and hearing it's powerful waves pound the shore, and during a full moon?! Perfect! Graveyard dirt can be very powerful on it's own of course, but with the energy from the graveyard combined with that of the sea is big....I do hope you remembered to "buy" the dirt; usually leaving a silver dime at the gravesite or entrance to the cemetary is permitted. Also, do u know the person who you removed the dirt from? This helps a great deal....be careful "who" you summons. Always ask permission before removing the dirt, and only take a small amount, no more than a handful. This is when it's typically time to "pay" for the dirt.....and say thank you!

Alayna

I did indeed 'buy' the dirt, and only took a very small amount - like I said, I think it's important that it's treated with the utmost respect :)

It's a pretty amazing thing to work with, very powerful.

#26 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

i have used graveyard dirt from time to time. Normally I do not take it in haste, and wouldn't want to take it from a grave of some one I know absolutely nothing of, unless I was pulled or drawn to do so.

I have come across some online stores that were selling graveyard dirt (silly with all the graveyards around) advertising it as dirt from New Orleans. I dunno it would seem to me that it would be taken quite a risk purchasing it. You don't know how it was obtained, what the spirit is like, or even if it's actually from a grave.

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to..

#27 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

i have used graveyard dirt from time to time. Normally I do not take it in haste, and wouldn't want to take it from a grave of some one I know absolutely nothing of, unless I was pulled or drawn to do so.

I have come across some online stores that were selling graveyard dirt (silly with all the graveyards around) advertising it as dirt from New Orleans. I dunno it would seem to me that it would be taken quite a risk purchasing it. You don't know how it was obtained, what the spirit is like, or even if it's actually from a grave.

Unless I knew and very much trusted the owner of the store, I would not buy it online. Even then I'm not sure I would buy it online. I think there's a lot to be said for getting it one's self.

M

#28 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I also use graveyard dirt at times, but I have to agree with my Peers, get it yourself, and leave a lovely gift for the one you are obtaining it from, even if you don't know the person residing, It's polite and respectful, imho.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#29 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

I do buy something's from other practioners I trust, but not stuff I can go get myself, that seems like a service for non witches doing the occasional spell, not for witches.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#30 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

On a related note....have any of you done any work with a witch's grave? Either dirt from it or just hanging out there?

In my town--this is amazing really--there is a fairly secret (but known by many locals) witch grave in a random grove of trees in the middle of the busiest part of town. It's like, a whole town sprung up but nothing could ever touch this particular grave. There are no others by it. It is commonly known to be a witch's grave and, normally I would dismiss such stuff, but have visited it myself and confirmed that it was very carefully thought out and well protected, magically speaking. It's a powerful spot.

I have often thought of visiting it now and then for inspiration.

THE untold want, by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

Posted Image

#31 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

On a related note....have any of you done any work with a witch's grave? Either dirt from it or just hanging out there?

In my town--this is amazing really--there is a fairly secret (but known by many locals) witch grave in a random grove of trees in the middle of the busiest part of town. It's like, a whole town sprung up but nothing could ever touch this particular grave. There are no others by it. It is commonly known to be a witch's grave and, normally I would dismiss such stuff, but have visited it myself and confirmed that it was very carefully thought out and well protected, magically speaking. It's a powerful spot.

I have often thought of visiting it now and then for inspiration.

No, I haven't used any witch grave dirt, but that is a facinating story.

#32 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I like the story myself.

I have never done this personally probably because I don't know of any witches (even though there likely are) that are buried nearby. I know my great aunt is buried in Merrimack NH and she would be a good witch grave for me to visit some day.

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to..

#33 Artemicia

Artemicia

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

I decided to collect and use some GYD recently. My husband and I had a bit of a confrontation with a local no-gooder (type that's been picked up for hard drugs, drives at top speeds around the neighborhood, just all around trouble.) Two days later we noticed some things missing from our vehicle, and evidence that someone had sort of camped out by the front of our house, pretty creepy because we spend some time in the front room with a large picture window and for all I know we could have been being watched.

I was furious, and frankly a little scared. I didn't have evidence that it was the same person, but strongly felt so. I took a trip to the graveyard that's just a few blocks from our home. I don't have a lot of family buried locally, so I came to this place stating my intentions and asking to be guided to one's grave that would help. Pretty much right away I had a strong draw towards an older marker in the cemetery. Unfortunately, the marker is in bad shape, I couldn't tell the persons name or gender, but I felt a strong sense of protection from this grave in particular, that it didn't bother me that much. I paid my respects for some time, and purchased their dirt for a nice little offering of oranges and cupcakes :).

The douchebag hanging around our window left a soda outside our house as well, with the straw they used sitting there just waiting to be used as a personal connection to them Posted Image. Between the GYD and their saliva, I feel I had a potent little thing going, and as of now we have not had any more trouble and I haven't even seen this person around in over two weeks. Overall, using the GYD has been a positive experience. I don't think it's something I will use too regularly, but it's good to know it's there when I'm feeling threatened at least.

#34 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

I decided to collect and use some GYD recently. My husband and I had a bit of a confrontation with a local no-gooder (type that's been picked up for hard drugs, drives at top speeds around the neighborhood, just all around trouble.) Two days later we noticed some things missing from our vehicle, and evidence that someone had sort of camped out by the front of our house, pretty creepy because we spend some time in the front room with a large picture window and for all I know we could have been being watched.

I was furious, and frankly a little scared. I didn't have evidence that it was the same person, but strongly felt so. I took a trip to the graveyard that's just a few blocks from our home. I don't have a lot of family buried locally, so I came to this place stating my intentions and asking to be guided to one's grave that would help. Pretty much right away I had a strong draw towards an older marker in the cemetery. Unfortunately, the marker is in bad shape, I couldn't tell the persons name or gender, but I felt a strong sense of protection from this grave in particular, that it didn't bother me that much. I paid my respects for some time, and purchased their dirt for a nice little offering of oranges and cupcakes :).

The douchebag hanging around our window left a soda outside our house as well, with the straw they used sitting there just waiting to be used as a personal connection to them Posted Image. Between the GYD and their saliva, I feel I had a potent little thing going, and as of now we have not had any more trouble and I haven't even seen this person around in over two weeks. Overall, using the GYD has been a positive experience. I don't think it's something I will use too regularly, but it's good to know it's there when I'm feeling threatened at least.

Glad it worked for you. Nice bit of crafting. :cool_witch:

#35 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Going with one's " gut " is intensely satisfying and rewarding, imho. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#36 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hmm.. that's weird.. I coulda sworn I posted in this topic last week. Maybe I never hit "Add Reply".

Anyway, I've got two bottles full of GYD; one from family and one not.
Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure which bottle is which now! I should've labeled them, duh, I just assumed I'd remember.
If, after seriously trying to sort them out, the right vibe doesn't come to me, I'll try a pendulum on them to discern which is which.

Edited by Grymdycche, 19 February 2012 - 04:56 PM.

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#37 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

I was wondering, with graveyard dirt - does it have to come from a grave or can it come from the graveyard itself? Where I live, there are two cemeteries. One is Catholic and the other is old, I know my neighbour's mother is buried there, as is the father of a friend of my mum's. However, those aside (and I would not ask them if I could use dirt from their family members for magical workings because I know each of these people loved their respective parents a lot and felt their loss deeply), the rest I am unsure of as I've not been there before, I don't think anyone has been buried in this cemetery for about 15 years or so. The rest I would almost guarantee would be christian farmers (I live in the country in a tiny town) as most of the people outside of my little town are farmers and have been here for generation upon generation. I would be hesitant taking dirt from their graves which is why I was wondering if taking if from the cemetery itself and not necessarily a grave is fine.
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#38 Guest_iLumenate_*

Guest_iLumenate_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure which bottle is which now! I should've labeled them, duh, I just assumed I'd remember.
If, after seriously trying to sort them out, the right vibe doesn't come to me, I'll try a pendulum on them to discern which is which.

Maybe you're not getting a clear answer because it doesn't really matter? Essentially they're the same? Just wondering out loud here. lol.

#39 Guest_iLumenate_*

Guest_iLumenate_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

I was wondering, with graveyard dirt - does it have to come from a grave or can it come from the graveyard itself? Where I live, there are two cemeteries. One is Catholic and the other is old, I know my neighbour's mother is buried there, as is the father of a friend of my mum's. However, those aside (and I would not ask them if I could use dirt from their family members for magical workings because I know each of these people loved their respective parents a lot and felt their loss deeply), the rest I am unsure of as I've not been there before, I don't think anyone has been buried in this cemetery for about 15 years or so. The rest I would almost guarantee would be christian farmers (I live in the country in a tiny town) as most of the people outside of my little town are farmers and have been here for generation upon generation. I would be hesitant taking dirt from their graves which is why I was wondering if taking if from the cemetery itself and not necessarily a grave is fine.

I would have thought the idea behind graveyard dirt is that is consecrated. Does it really matter who is buried there? Again I'm wondering out loud. Posted Image

#40 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I would be fine with dirt just from the cemetery itself it I just needed dirt that has covered the dead. Sometimes though, I need dirt that has the essence of a specific person in it. If you gather dirt from a very old cemetery that has had people buried more naturally (wooden box, no vault, etc.) the dirt will literally have their physical essence in it due to decomposition.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore