Photo
- - - - -

Tarot Reading Learning Curve

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Shouldn't forget Oak's awesome thread about this from November 2009...

The Art of Memory

I found this eye-opening.

P

Hi Patrima,

I tried this but couldnt get the link to work, is it still there? or is it just me! :wacko: ;)

#22 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi Patrima,

I tried this but couldnt get the link to work, is it still there? or is it just me! :wacko: ;)

It worked for me, WN, maybe try again? Maybe just your computer being a pain-in-the-ass......

That is a really cool trick, Oak! Thanks for posting it, and thank you, Patrima, for the link. :witchbroom:

#23 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hi Patrima,

You have to be a full member WN to access that link.

#24 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

You have to be a full member WN to access that link.

Oops! Sorry, I should have noted that. Something to look forward to. ;)

#25 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Oops! Sorry, I should have noted that. Something to look forward to. ;)

my computer is saved from destruction once more - I should have realised though! many thanks!:chakrahearts:

#26 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

One of the best things a respected friend ever did for me was throw away the little white book. I never bothered to use one or discover the meaning of the cards again. I choose a deck based on how insync I am with the design, then I relax, open up and let the card tell me a story. I let the position of the card in the spread determine how it's message will fit in and look to a theme that ties it all together. This has always worked for me and I found the learning curve was quite steep, quickly. I do use some universal symbology to help me get a clearer picture, such as a 2 of something can be seen as duality, a choice, companionship, balance, the follower etc, the right meaning depends on the overall story I'm being shown. To this day, I couldn't tell you the characteristic meaning of any of the cards.

Abraxia Thalgus.

Edited by Abraxia Thalgus, 02 May 2011 - 02:41 AM.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998