48 replies to this topic

#41 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

Reading leaves is not my cup of tea :P .  However, a male Witch that I know once mentioned that he had painted the bottom of a tea cup to create a sort of template for the reading.  Reading through the OP's comments, I am not sure why lines or sections would be necessary, as the process is fairly straight forward, but for all I know, it could be commonplace in other traditions.  Seems a strange practice, but to each their own. :)

#42 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hmmmm... a template on the inside of the cup....

That would make sense if the position of the leaves on the cup itself ( in addition to the shape of the leaves )  adds more meaning to the read...

Cups that might be of interest to some:

http://www.etsy.com/...ucer?ref=market

http://www.etsy.com/...moon?ref=market

http://www.etsy.com/...une-telling-tea

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#43 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

I've seen tea readings and when I looked in all I would see is a clump of grounds.  Same with coffee grounds, a clump of grounds in the bottom of the cup.

But it did always raise one question I never could really answer, Why did it seem like women were always the more proficient at this form of divination.  I know tea was always a woman's drink in many places and in cultured society so it seemed logical women in the past would have more exposure to this form of divination.  Yet even today when I hear about it it seems women are still the major practitioners of this form.  Any thoughts?

#44 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

I don't know.  I suck at it.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#45 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

I was very weak at tasseography. I'm ...not as weak not. Drawing the clumps and forming shapes from that helps a lot to find symbols, as well as sectioning off the cup. I still suck big old fuzzy balls at reading tea/coffee though. Coffee is a little better, the less chunky, the easier the read I find. I'd rather stick to tarot for big questions. I'd rather know the ten of swords is influencing something than having a big old "bear/dog/maybe it's a kite?" in my future....

Edited by Ravenshaw, 14 April 2014 - 11:34 PM.

RSKHFMY

#46 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Am not sure but if I think about it; women could do this unnoticed if need be; no tools need to be acquired; there's no need to possess any pre-existing knowledge or even to be literate. Just my thoughts X
"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#47 Nabu

Nabu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

I at one time was gifted with reading my coffe cup , never really tried tea , yes I said gifted for now it seems it has faded , as has other things .  I did find some of the scenes most interesting , from windows on a building to a phallas with a name above it ( months and years before they transpiered , but none the less they came to pass ). Mostly i just looked at the scene with a littl imagination and quickly it became apparent , they were mostly a symbolisim of a sorts , same with most forms of divining everyone has thier own interpretations. I did find it facinating , a real good witch :twisted_witch:  taught me her ways of going through the motions, always worked.

Nabu

p.s. I should check in more often .........

Strong of Heart wins the Day , let not yourself be dismayed !

#48 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

I at one time was gifted with reading my coffe cup , never really tried tea , yes I said gifted for now it seems it has faded , as has other things .  I did find some of the scenes most interesting , from windows on a building to a phallas with a name above it ( months and years before they transpiered , but none the less they came to pass ). Mostly i just looked at the scene with a littl imagination and quickly it became apparent , they were mostly a symbolisim of a sorts , same with most forms of divining everyone has thier own interpretations. I did find it facinating , a real good witch :twisted_witch:  taught me her ways of going through the motions, always worked.

Nabu

p.s. I should check in more often .........

‚ÄčIf it is a gift, it is dormant only to be re-awakened.  Regarding your months and years before transparency or outcome .. some call that a long term working.  Since this Witch taught you her ways.. no more for you to be fascinated.. time for you to embrace.. don't ya think ?  Do it.   And yeah check in more often when ya can..Nabu. :P

Regards,

Gypsy 

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#49 Nabu

Nabu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the positive guidance there CelticGypsy , yeah deep down I know that it is still there , only waiting for me rekindle it .Alas finding old style brewed coffee these days is rather scarce . I do tend towards my penchant of Tarot for divination , but am not averse to other forms.

Nabu

Strong of Heart wins the Day , let not yourself be dismayed !