winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

Some teacups of mine... whatcha think?

Eiffel Tower?

Trojan Horse?

Figure crouching, possibly with a weapon, possibly an arrow, bird, or butterfly not far off?

~V~

I know its a bit late for me to be saying what they look like lol! but the third one has always struck me as a woman, crouching in the wind and rain, pulling on her umberella, with a newspaper whizzing past. Bit of a Mary Poppins thing going on.

thanks for sharing the pics V!

#22 TheOn3LeftBehind

TheOn3LeftBehind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

Great post! Very straightforward. I tend to always go with my initial feelings of what the symbols mean as well. Sometimes I have a feeling to just trust what I believe, trust what the symbol meanings are, or consider both and interpret them both with each other. I also go into a semi trance-induced state (as well as incorporating other practices) when doing any sort of divination so I can connect with the spirits/make sure I'm getting an accurate reading that is influenced by the spirits.
Woman, I saw you riding on a fence switch with loose hair and belt, in the troll skin, at the time when day and night are equal.” -Reference from C. E. Law of Vastgotaland

#23 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

I may really be amiss with this, but I'll take my knocks. Ms. ~V~, the boyfriend is considering going to Ireland for law school? Is that the same kind of law they practise where you reside? My understanding is they still initiate Parlimentary Procedures in Ireland, ie: Barristers and Soliciters........ Obviously somebody here knows the particulars, I sure don't, I'm just surmizing. However with your numbers skill within your job, you mentioned the tax season on a few posts, and your status. Take it from me, I love/loved Ireland, been there countless times, my crew had to drag my arse every time kicking and screaming when we had to fly out and back to the U.S. If I could of found a way to make a living there, I would of stayed in a heart beat. You have skills, you're young, and those skills, can take you anywhere!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't resonate with being " freed ", perhaps you would entertain, that you are the one, initiating the freedom? Or you are the precipice on which the bird is taking off or landing. Makes me want to play with my own tea leaves, as I'm not so good at reading them, but it's good practice to say the least.

Regards,
Gypsy

CG, the civil law programs are similar enough here and there for him to write the bar back here in Canada when he got back. At work, I am simply a receptionist. I am still trying to find my way in life and it's getting tough! I also did not make clear in the post that if he went to Ireland, that I would not be going with him.

It is a great place here, we live near the border with the rest of Ireland, and its brilliant - very laid back - even the cities run at snails pace! Dublin is meant to be a great city to study in. I know from experience that the bars are many and very lively!

The only down side at the moment is that Ireland is in a big recession, and inflation is growing, so things like fuel, heating and food are starting to rise fast. But isn't everywhere! LOL!

Its much harder getting work, but on the plus side though, businesses still need people to sort out the money end (more now than ever) so probably a plus for your jobs skills. And temp agencies are a good way to get into the job market.

Hope you find a resolution to your dilema!

:chakrahearts:

He would be staying in the residence, so he wouldn't have to worry too much about cost of living besides paying for residence and transportation. He is looking to go to Galway.

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#24 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

CG, the civil law programs are similar enough here and there for him to write the bar back here in Canada when he got back. At work, I am simply a receptionist. I am still trying to find my way in life and it's getting tough! I also did not make clear in the post that if he went to Ireland, that I would not be going with him.

He would be staying in the residence, so he wouldn't have to worry too much about cost of living besides paying for residence and transportation. He is looking to go to Galway.

Galway is a great place, there is a big festival there every year too - its much smaller, and quainter than Dublin too, and close to loads of beaches!

#25 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

I tried to read my tea leaves yesterday, as I got some yummy English Breakfast Tea, on my visit to my Sisters. Well damn..... it said to put in a teaspoon, and I thought I followed the directions, however the tea baloooooned up so much, I had this ever so gnarly looking MESS at the bottom of my cup. When I turned it over it just plopped out like some huge mountainous gunk ! :sick: :sickwitch:

Upon having coffee now today, there were some loose grounds, as we grind our own, and what appeared to me at the bottom of my cup was a Dragon sitting upright on his haunches with a long barbed tail. Anybody wanna decifer that for me? I didn't see that reptile in the list so nicely made by Tana and McDee.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#26 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

I tried to read my tea leaves yesterday, as I got some yummy English Breakfast Tea, on my visit to my Sisters. Well damn..... it said to put in a teaspoon, and I thought I followed the directions, however the tea baloooooned up so much, I had this ever so gnarly looking MESS at the bottom of my cup. When I turned it over it just plopped out like some huge mountainous gunk ! :sick: :sickwitch:

Upon having coffee now today, there were some loose grounds, as we grind our own, and what appeared to me at the bottom of my cup was a Dragon sitting upright on his haunches with a long barbed tail. Anybody wanna decifer that for me? I didn't see that reptile in the list so nicely made by Tana and McDee.

Regards,
Gypsy

I'm not great at readings, but dragons always bring to mind creation through destruction for me, because of their association with fire - being fire-breathing and all. :) Just the first thing that comes to mind...

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#27 JasonMcC

JasonMcC

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

So after reading this post for the last few days I decided to give it a try, knowing full well that I tend to be bad, very bad, like a dog ice skating bad at most divination.

But...

Herbs and teas are good friends of mine, so I figured, what the heck.

I garbed my trusty made by me and my wife hand crafted mug, some very nice Chinese flower tea, and went a sipping.

When I was done, fliped it over, left it sit for a few then then, when I turned it back over, I got.... Mud? some birds, a bat maby, the blob in the center seems to have eyes or is carrying something, maybe....

Any thoughts?Attached File  photo.JPG   1.89MB   12 downloads

~Some day I hope to become the person my dog thinks I am

#28 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

So after reading this post for the last few days I decided to give it a try, knowing full well that I tend to be bad, very bad, like a dog ice skating bad at most divination.

But...

I garbed my trusty made by me and my wife hand crafted mug, some very nice Chinese flower tea, and went a sipping.

When I was done, fliped it over, left it sit for a few then then, when I turned it back over, I got.... Mud? some birds, a bat maby, the blob in the center seems to have eyes or is carrying something, maybe....

I have not tried this yet, I quickly made out a woman sitting with a water carrier (on its side) with crows swooping over. will be interesting to see what the experienced 'leafers' make of it! :chakrahearts:

#29 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

But...

It looks like a guy in a top hat has a knife to a guys neck and he fell down. Maybe a hidden enemy. Knives to me are a very intimate and personal way to attack someone, so maybe it is someone you know and perhaps trust. Of couse, this is all speculation based on what I personally see.

#30 JasonMcC

JasonMcC

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Curious, thanks all for the interpertation. Love how we all see different things, I think I saw the birds knowing that I am planing a trip. Always hard to separate your own mind from a personal reading.

~Some day I hope to become the person my dog thinks I am

#31 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

I saw what looked like a gun being held in one hand and something similar to Thor's hammer in the other, at oposite ends, perhaps doing battle?? No idea, I've never done this.
...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#32 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

To be honest with you I don't use tea leaves these days, preferring my Tarot, crystal ball and scrying mirror for divination. My grandmother was a champion tea leaf reader, but I think like most psychic diviners she was picking up impressions from her client as well as the tea. The tea acts as a focus to generate thoughts and impressions but without the live body there to add that subliminal layer then any reading will be a bit 2 dimensional. Its great fun, but ultimately I think only a few Witches take this method of divination to a highly skilled level.
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#33 Druidicseer

Druidicseer

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I do love a good cup of tea! My great- grandmother used to put some kind of flower essence when she read her leaves. Thanx for the post!! I do love divination :)

#34 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

I think reading tea leaves is like looking at clouds, everyone sees something different, and then there is the interpretation! Cards do seem more straightforward.But I love the little figures, they are so delicate.
"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#35 Vermilion

Vermilion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

But...

What comes to my mind first is a crab in the middle, perhaps... (Associations I have with crabs: Water/emotions, high alert and easily offended but hard shelled, refuge, and the familiar and secure.)

I am my own Keeper; my own Sower, my own Reaper.
~ V ~

#36 Freki

Freki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

I finally gave this a try... and I really enjoyed it. The tea alone seems to put you in the right mindset for divination... the warm, earthy taste and steam. The relaxation. I think I may use this for personal readings from now on, as I do wonderful reading cards for others, but not so well for myself. The tea leaves seem to be a very good window into my subconscious because of the personal interpretations of what I see, kind of like a Rorschach test.

~ Freki

~ Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make! ~
Bram Stoker's Dracula

#37 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

The tea leaves seem to be a very good window into my subconscious because of the personal interpretations of what I see, kind of like a Rorschach test.

~ Freki

Exactly, that is why we all came up with different things. We don't have of the cup and person to tap in to easily so we are going off purely what the blobs look like to us. It is a window in to our own lives. What I saw in the picture easily translates in to my life as I do have a hidden enemy at work right now.

#38 Solice

Solice

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Thank you for posting this information. I had a neighbour many years ago who used to read the leaves. I was only a child so didnt really take much notice back then. Ive never attempted reading leaves but I am interested. I think its a real shame that Tasseography has fell out of practise somewhat. Possibly its due to a society of coffee drinkers or maybe its due to a rise in the popularity of tarot and other such forms. I do have a teapot (its been in the family for years), so might just go and buy some loose tea. Oh, and see if the local charity shop has any china cups (tea always taste better when served in china, LOL).

#39 *Tabytha*

*Tabytha*

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

What I find tricky with tea leaf readings is the ambiguity.
When learning how to read the Tarot, I referred to my trusty books (Bill Butler's The Definitive Tarot , Alfred Douglas' The Tarot and Eden Gray's Complete guide.. and Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm's DriudCraft Tarot) The meanings of the cards may vary slightly but you are generally looking at the same picture.
With tea leaves I could see a dragon (or is it a lizard or a salamander?) where someone else could see a horse (or maybe it's a dog or a cow?) and someone else could see a person on all fours!! ;) OK, fine but what is the meaning of a dragon or a horse or a person in that position? The 2 books that I own (Jo Sheridan's Teacup Fortune Telling and Tea-cup Fortune Telling by Minetta) do give meanings to many images that you could see in the cup but it's not an extensive list.
Any suggestions?

* Tabytha *
~ on the long winding path and enjoying every minute ~

#40 Freki

Freki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

What I find tricky with tea leaf readings is the ambiguity.
With tea leaves I could see a dragon (or is it a lizard or a salamander?) where someone else could see a horse (or maybe it's a dog or a cow?) and someone else could see a person on all fours!! ;) OK, fine but what is the meaning of a dragon or a horse or a person in that position? The 2 books that I own (Jo Sheridan's Teacup Fortune Telling and Tea-cup Fortune Telling by Minetta) do give meanings to many images that you could see in the cup but it's not an extensive list.
Any suggestions?

My opinion is it doesn't matter what someone else would see in that situation... it's what you as the reader sees. Tea reading for me requires a lot of going off intuition and feelings. The traditional meanings behind certain symbols are often way off base for me. What someone associates with a certain symbol is deeply personal, in my mind. So with each thing I see... I ask myself, what do I associate that image with? How does it make me feel? And how does that apply?

~ Freki

~ Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make! ~
Bram Stoker's Dracula